PDA

View Full Version : Bruce! Unwanted spam email!!!

**DONOTDELETE**
11-11-2001, 06:07 PM
I\'ve been getting unwanted spam email since registering with this group. They look like unsolicited ads for pheromone products. I had clicked that I wanted no email when registering. How did they get access to my email?! Here are two of the culprits I received email from:

fishboy1935@yahoo.com
brianpat3984@yahoo.com

Anybody, have any advice on how to stop the email from coming?!

Bruce
11-12-2001, 07:21 AM
Hi Truth,
It may just be a coincidence and nothing to do with this forum at all. I think we are all getting a lot of spam e-mail about pheromones, that has nothing to do with the forum. I run two newsletters that you have to sign up for to get on, but I don\'t think you could confuse them with the usual pheromone spam that is going around (mostly advertising APC). My newsletters are the Pheromone News and the love-scent.com website updates list; both of which go out monthly.

If you checked that you don\'t want your e-mail visible on this forum, I don\'t think there is any way the spam-bots can find there way to it, and since every man, woman and child on the internet these days seems to be getting pheromone spam from APC, it could easily be a coincidence, and nothing to do with your membership here. Certainly you are not getting it from me.

I always process the spam I get at www.spamcop.net. (\"http://www.spamcop.net.\") I find it very satisfying and think it helps. Try that.

Cheers,
Bruce