PDA

View Full Version : "Free" Phermone Samples?--to be used in a twin study

playnkitty28
12-09-2004, 11:48 AM
:eek: Recently, I've received the women's sample packets. I

have to admit that I'm a little disappointed at what I've gotten for the price. The postage was just $0.49 so each

of the four tiny little packets were $0.53 each--supposedly for handling. I haven't tried any of the samples yet.

They are 1/2 to full dose samples and I don't want to waste them on a day working in the retail biz. Heck, some of

the customers don't seem to want to leave after the transaction is done anyway. Time will tell if the samples are

worth the price plus the price of a money order. I'm going to test one of them on my ex-fiance's twin brother now

that we're both single for the first time in over 5 1/2 years; and everybody--including him--blames me for

"corrupting" his life and "ruining" his relationship. :angel: Believe it or not, I was with the ugly twin--he got on

the wrong end of a bumper jack. I have the feeling they aren't identical in all ways.... :twisted: I've seen them

both in sweat pants, and I think I might've gotten the short end of the stick in that area too! :blink: Plus, the

other twin is a much better friend, and I go into absolute heat when he's around... and that seems to be mutual.

The point is that this situation will be an interesting test subject for the phermones. But even then it might just

be the luck of the Irish!:thumbsup:

CptKipling
12-09-2004, 12:48 PM
:eek:

Recently, I've received the women's sample packets. I have to admit that I'm a little

disappointed at what I've gotten for the price. The postage was just $0.49 so each of the four tiny little packets

were $0.53 each--supposedly for handling. I haven't tried any of the samples yet. They are 1/2 to full dose samples

and I don't want to waste them on a day working in the retail biz.
First of all this is the wrong

forum to post this; and second, what? $0.49 for shipping and you paid $0.53 for each pack...? :blink: Even so, how

is that expensive?:think:

by the way you can get up to about 4 uses out of each pack, the information on the

page is conservative.

Welcome to the forum!

bjf
12-09-2004, 01:15 PM
I think she means she paid 2.55 for

S&H but it was actually just .49 cents for the shipping in handling???

The post was definitely

interesting.

Bruce
12-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Where does it say "half to a full

dose"? First I heard of anything less than 2-3 doses per packet.

B

playnkitty28
12-09-2004, 07:45 PM
:POKE:
Where does it say "half to a full dose"? First I heard of anything

less than 2-3 doses per packet.

BIf your name is Bruce Boyd you should read the insert that you send out

with your free samples--for which I sent $2.11 over the price of postage.

"INSTRUCTIONS: For normal use,

1/2 packet applied to the normal cologne application points may be enough. For a more intense experience at home

with that special somebody try applying the entire packet to as much 'or' your upper body as you can cover."

Where did I say "half to a full dose" for you to put in quotes?
(Revision: OK, I was a English/

Psychology double major, and I'm a stickler for proper citation after writing all of those papers; my post used

numeric not alphabetical wording.])

Isn't it strange how you've never heard of a single dose pack when the

instruction letter you send with the package directs it for the special occassion? :goodpost:

playnkitty28
12-09-2004, 07:48 PM
[QUOTE=bjf]I think she

means she paid 2.55 for S&H but it was actually just .49 cents for the shipping in handling???

Yeap!!! I'm

sitting here looking at the package "MAILED FROM ZIP CODE 81419" on December 3, 2004 and the label from the postal

meter reads $00.49:cheers:

playnkitty28
12-09-2004, 07:54 PM
First of all this is the wrong forum to post this; and second, what? $0.49 for shipping and you

paid $0.53 for each pack...? :blink: Even so, how is that expensive?:think:

by the way you can get up to about

4 uses out of each pack, the information on the page is conservative.

Welcome to the forum!Excuse me,

but which of the other forums specifically deals with griping about the price of not-so-free samples? It's not that

it's expensive, it's that it's a little misleading to advertise free samples and sell them for $2.60 when the

postage is only $0.49.

:welcome:

P.S. ThanX for suggesting the link, it is very informative. By the way, I

do realize that there is more to the concept of using phermones than inciting a romp... in case that's why you

suggested the link. I know that some specific types of phermones are more likely to cause lovemaking than just sex.

I'm truly sorry if the personal nature of the 2nd part of my post has offended you. It's just that after 2

engagements and one divorce by the age of 29--and NEVER playing the field--I'm a little tired of love and

commitment, and I'm looking forward to being single for a while. I just offer that as explaination to CptKipling

and anyone else I may have offended if my post seemed too graphic. I am normally not a vulgar person.:wub:

bjf
12-09-2004, 08:20 PM
Kitty:

Bruce was referring to:

"They are 1/2 to full dose samples" that you wrote in your first post.

Silver
12-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Playnkitty, the money is for

shipping and HANDLING.
Consider a few things.

1. That package that it came in? Not your average cheap white

envelope. It's a large, fairly heavy duty envelope. It's well wrapped with bubble wrap so you don't recieve

your goods leaking and so forth. This stuff doesn't grow on trees, you know.

2. Bruce has to pay people to

make up these packages, process your order, put the products into the package, and ship them off.

3. By FREE,

bruce is not making a profit out of this. In fact, he is clearly loosing money by giving away the samples in the

first place. These are samples that he could potentially sell for, at the price of 7 gel packs for $10, almost $6.

All he's asking is that he not loose MORE money by having to pay for the packaging, the people that he employs to

do the packaging, and the shipping.

And finally,
4. NO OTHER PHEREMONE SITE OFFERS FREE SAMPLES!

Long

story short: don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
~Silver

playnkitty28
12-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Long story

short: don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
~Silver

Mostly true and good about the expenses

associated with the samples, but think about the reason why any business gives free samples--to get you to try it,

like it, and buy it. It's not that unlike the drug dealer on the street giving you a little taste o' product for

free hopeing you'd be back to buy, maybe even get hooked on it. It's not out of the goodness of his heart that he

provides samples (in either instance.) It's hard for any small business to stay afloat, and money is the bottom

line.

But on the topic of gift horses I have something to say. I've never heard an educated person use that

tired old cliche' to correct ingratitude. REMEMBER THE TROJAN HORSE!!! That huge, hollowed out figure of a

horse was filled with enemy soilders--Greeks--who destroyed the city of Troy. That saying is tounge-in-cheek about

the fools who drug it into their own city without looking inside of it!

Silver
12-09-2004, 11:33 PM
I'm sorry, did she just call me

uneducated? Hehehe, you have no idea how amusing that is.

And, on the same instance, how wrong you are. No, the

trojan horse is not a valid argument against "don't look a gift horse in the mouth." The trojan horse isn't

supposed to teach us not to take gifts, it's supposed to teach us not to take gifts from the ENEMY YOU'VE BEEN

FIGHTING A BLOODY WAR WITH FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS. It's like reminding Dubya that if Osama sends him a post through

al-jazeera saying 'woops man, my bad, sorry, here's a little gift to say I was wrong' it's a good idea to be

suspicious. I feel like there's a distinct difference between that and a business

Now, if I were feeling

especially vindictive, ie pissed off at being called uneducated, I could say that I used aforementioned

'tired old cliche' because I felt like I needed to summarize my points in a way that you might understand. But I

won't. :)

No hard feelings, kitten, but you paid the $2.55 knowingly, it's not like he charged you extra.

True, this is a small business, but I can safely say that it's not just about the money to them. They are always

helpful, always willing to give you a refund (which, by the way, I believe IS done out of the goodness of their

hearts), and always quick to respond to any questions or concerns. I have never bought anything from a company, be

it online or brick-and-mortar, that gives the same level of customer service. So just try out the mones, and welcome

to the wide world of pheremones.

Love and all that jazz,
~Silver

P.S. Sorry if I was a little harsh, I'm

glad you've come to the forum, but when people call me uneducated I tend to get...hostile. *shrug*

(edited

because I can't spell al-jazeera :angel: )

belgareth
12-10-2004, 05:21 AM
Playnkitty,

If the corner

druggies or Walmart offers free samples, they don't drive out to your house and deliver them. Most of the time you

have to come get them. They don't ask if you walked a block or drove 600 miles to get the free samples because that

is not their concern. If you want the free samples you can go get them. Bruce isn't doing anything different.

You also have the option of not asking for them, thereby not having any expense to yourself at all.

bjf
12-10-2004, 07:18 AM
Silver: You are unedumucated :POKE:

:lol:

Kitty: The problem *may* lie in just the fact that the software can't determine how much your package

will actually cost. I've never been thrilled with overpaying on the shipping in handling - it used to be a flat

3.95 for a 1.60 package - but I think love-scent tried to correct that and is trying to determine how much the

package will cost rather than a flat fee.

However, maybe stuff like the weight of the package comes into play

that is making it inaccurate, maybe the software isn't exactly right or maybe they used a different shipping method

because you only had four little gel packets (although it needs bubble wrap which takes up space).

I don't

know.

Bruce
12-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the support guys.

Overall Love Scent loses aproximately the equivalent of what you see in the "shipping and handling" line of

your invoice. That means that *on average* if you see a $5. charge for shipping on your order, it costs us

aproximately $10. to get the order to you. I have no way of knowing the exact figures for the samples, but at the

end of the month, if I add up all the money we take in in shipping/handling charges and put it next to the total of

all our expenses for shipping/handling. Our expenses are about double what we collect. Back when we charged a flat

$3.95 for basic postal shipping, it was almost even, and that was what I was shooting for in those days: make those

two figures balence out. When we changed over to the new shopping cart, which runs on a completely different

system, we began experimenting with models that would theoretically represent a fairer distribution of the

responsibility for S/H costs , but with the vast majority of folks selecting basic shipping, revenue from shipping

charges immediately went through the floor. At that point though, we were trying to get folks used to a new cart

and I left it the way it was as an additional perk.

Anyway, as has been noted, there is a lot more involved

in shipping the products than handing the postman 50 cents. Envelopes, bubble wrap, labels, instruction sheets, all

cost money, and unfortunately the products refuse to hop into the envlopes on their own, so we have to pay folks to

do that, and that is where the majority of the cost lies.

Now, in the math department: if the instruction

sheets says something like "1/2 packet applied to the normal cologne application points may be enough" that

translates into 2 uses per packet, not 1/2 use per packet, doesn't it? Or did I miss something there? And as has

been noted, even 2 uses per packet is a very conservative estimate of the amount of use you can get from a single

packet.

In the protocol department, there is no area of the forum designed for or even that allows attacks

of any kind on anyone or anything. I think it has become pretty clear that folks are expected to treat each other

with respect, and it is nothing short of a miracle that in the world we live in we spend so little time enforcing

it. I appreciate all the support you folks are lending, but kitty here is a professional troll. She lives her

life like this day in and day out. You exhaust yourself trying to work anything out other than giving her her money

back and showing her the door.

Last but not least, all our sales are guaranteed. If kitty is not happy with

her purchase, all she has to do is send the packets back and we will immediately refund all the money she paid

including the shipping and handling charges.

Again, many thanks for the support,
Bruce

oscar
12-10-2004, 09:02 AM
But on the

topic of gift horses I have something to say. I've never heard an educated person use that tired old cliche' to

correct ingratitude. REMEMBER THE TROJAN HORSE!!! That huge, hollowed out figure of a horse was filled

with enemy soilders--Greeks--who destroyed the city of Troy. That saying is tounge-in-cheek about the fools who drug

it into their own city without looking inside of it!
playnkitty28,

If the maxim "Don't look a gift

horse in the mouth." had ANYTHING to do with the Trojan Horse, it would certainly be, "ALWAYS look a gift horse in

the mouth." , wouldn't it? ;)

In horse trading it is common practice for the person who is being sold an animal

to look into the horse's mouth to inspect its teeth to determine whether or not the seller's claims regarding the

horse's age and health are in fact accurate. If someone were giving you a horse, doing this would be inappropriate.

The saying does now, and has always referred to ingratitude, but the fact that you didn't know that may not be

your fault.
However, the fact that you went into a rant emphasizing your ignorance says quite a lot about you.

Additionally, if $2.60 is such a stretch of your budget that you evidently begrudge paying a handling charge of

$2.11 to cover the cost of the packaging and the expense of paying those employees who prepared your samples for

shipping, then maybe pheromones aren't for you. A daily application of pheromones can cost anywhere from 25¢ to 75¢

!

Oscar:)