PDA

View Full Version : Pheromone wearer?

MuscleBoundFool
12-07-2004, 02:02 PM
How does a

girl know that you are the person wearing the pheromones? If pheromones can be smelled have no problem activating

one's brain in the presence other odors, how can you get a hit with many other guys around here.

CptKipling
12-07-2004, 02:26 PM
This is the same as asking "how

does everyone know it's me wearing the great cologne". Hopefully this will shed some light (e.g the concentration

will increase as a person gets closer to the source), but there is an extra twist that is an advantage pheromones

have over regular smells - as long as you know how to take advantage of it. Because pheromones are associated with

various things, alphaness and approachability are two examples, acting the part the pheromones you are wearing

portray you as is very important. If you don't, you might find that the guy near you acting like an alpha male will

get all of the hits.

(another one for the FAQ...)

j5fakt0r
12-07-2004, 02:33 PM
Unless you are in a room with

lots and lots of people like a lecture hall, it really could be tough for a girl to know it's coming from you.

When I was in class today I wore 3 sprays of TE and SPMO mixed, and there was this girl like a couple rows back that

was like "woah! somebody smells good!" Too bad I was pretty far away =(

CptKipling
12-07-2004, 02:41 PM
I bet if you had talked to her

after the lecture things would have interesting ;)

bjf
12-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Unless you are in a

room with lots and lots of people like a lecture hall, it really could be tough for a girl to know it's coming from

you. When I was in class today I wore 3 sprays of TE and SPMO mixed, and there was this girl like a couple rows

back that was like "woah! somebody smells good!" Too bad I was pretty far away =(

And what do you

supposed the person sitting next to you thought?

tiberius
12-07-2004, 03:08 PM
On a side note, a number of

bacteria use whats called *quorum sensing/chemical gradient as a way of detecting the source of some chemial, food

source, neighboring cells, or even light. They just detect the current concentration of whatever they are interested

in an then move around randomly and if the concentration increases the keep wiggling about that direction as long as

the concentration keeps increasing. If the concentration decreases they start moving randomly in all directions

until they pick up the "scent" again.

*generally refers to sensing neighboring cells to detect colony

size/population. Works the same was as the other gradients as the cells detect chemicals put out by other

cells...the more chemical the higher the population.

Friendly1
12-07-2004, 03:39 PM
How does

a girl know that you are the person wearing the pheromones? If pheromones can be smelled have no problem activating

one's brain in the presence other odors, how can you get a hit with many other guys around here.
I was in

a class today with about eight other guys. The women in the room and passing by the open door (one woman went out

of her way to come by a second time and check me out) had no problem zeroing in on me.

Again, I was very well

dressed, probably the best dressed man in the group, although I was not OVERdressed. That is, we were all wearing

business-casual attire today. I wore a black Polo shirt by Alfani and grey Dockers' ProStyle pants (fantastic

pants -- well worth what you pay for them).

The more you stand out, without looking completely out of place

(that is, a suit and tie would have been overkill), the easier it is for women to zero in on you. The pheromones

will have them a little agitated, but they are going to automatically check out the best dressed guy in the group.

I feel I cannot emphasize that point often enough. THE BEST DRESSED GUY IN THE GROUP GETS CHECKED OUT.

You

can get plenty of hits when you are NOT the best dressed guy around. But it's easier to see who is interested in

you when you crank up the volume on the clothes as well as the pheromones.

I got a free drink from the

restaurant next door during a break because one of the waitresses kept checking me out. I decided to be bold and

ask her for a complimentary drink.

j5fakt0r
12-07-2004, 04:27 PM
And what do you

supposed the person sitting next to you thought?
The person sitting next to me was a guy and he didn't

notice anything or if he did he didn't say jack!

bjf
12-07-2004, 04:39 PM
If you are wearing too much of

something or you stink, 99 percen of the time people will not say anything, unless they do not realize you are the

wearer.

Anyway, I have had absolute horror stories with my use of mones and cologne that I would not wish on

anyone. Really really really really really really embarrasing and bad situations.

belgareth
12-07-2004, 05:01 PM
I feel I

cannot emphasize that point often enough. THE BEST DRESSED GUY IN THE GROUP GETS CHECKED OUT.

You can get plenty

of hits when you are NOT the best dressed guy around. But it's easier to see who is interested in you when you

crank up the volume on the clothes as well as the pheromones.

A lot depends on the woman's and your own

perspective. To some, clothes are critical but to others they are not. I've read many books on sales that emphasize

your clothing too. But I've seen too many instances where the best dressed person was not the one that got the

attention. The person with the friendly expression and good attitude was getting much more attention.

When I

walk into a room, clothing is one of the last things I notice. Facial expressions and body language are the things

that catch my attention. It's how I decide who I want to be around and who I prefer to stay away from.

Personally, I am pretty low key in my attire, manner and demeaner. But I am in good physical shape, my expression

is usually cheerful and my posture shows my self confidence. My mone use is usually just enough to get an effect

without being over-powering as is any scent I may wear. For me, for my personality and the environments I am in, it

gets me constant attention and frequent hits.

What I am trying to get at is that each of us has our own style

and methods. What works for me may not work for the next guy. Experiment and find what works best for you. Don't

take my, or anybody else's opinion as gospel. You are an individual and what works for you is almost guranteed to

be unique to you.

bjf
12-07-2004, 05:08 PM
Bel, it sounds like you may be doing

a lot of interacting already with the women, if your personality is coming through. Friendly, however, I am

guessing is speaking of the peacock spreading his feathers attention gettng thing.

Two different

circumstances. It sounds like your mone use is directed for interaction situations as well, and it is the perfect

approach for those purposes.

As for the clothes issue, I see where he is coming from. I think women probably

take note of well dressed men, especially if not all guys no what they are doing. People dress real well in NY

though, so it pretty much does nothing for me because I don't standout anymore than the next schmuck. It is more

expected, poorly dressed people stand out more if you are out on the town, but many places won't allow things like

sneakers, etc.

belgareth
12-07-2004, 06:13 PM
That's not completely true. I

go many places both for business and personal reasons. In almost every situation I get a lot of respect and

attention and I've seen others do it as well without being well dressed. There are other factors besides your

clothes that people notice but it may be below the concious level. I am not saying that clothes are not important to

some, but it is not universal. It depends on the individual and the circumstance.

My mone use is based on the

more is better philosophy and it works well in every situation I've been in. I am only suggesting that people

experiment, that what applies to you or me may not apply to the next person. That's been proven true time and again

here. For example, despite how well AE works for most people, there have been a few that had to wear absurd amounts

to get any reaction at all. Another good example is TE, if I wear more than one spray I start getting OD reactions

but some people can wear 3-4 with positive results. Everybody is different and nobody should take any of our

experience as any more than guidelines to use as a starting point in their own experiments. I am only interested in

these guys getting successful results from their mone use.

bjf
12-07-2004, 06:31 PM
"That's not completely true. I go

many places both for business and personal reasons."

Aren't you interacting with these people though? I was

just trying to point that out. For instance, if I know I will be speaking with my targets, I will wear something

different then if I don't know who my target(s) is(are) and I am just trying to get them to notice me out of a lot

of people.

TRock
12-07-2004, 09:50 PM
i think it also has to do with the

area of the country you live in. i live in a city and it's pretty much expected you get dressed before you leave

the house. in a college town it's ok to live your life in sweats. going to class in jeans and a button up shirt is

overdressing. i have family in california who compete about who can project the better image.

belgareth
12-07-2004, 10:19 PM
"That's not

completely true. I go many places both for business and personal reasons."

Aren't you interacting with these

people though? I was just trying to point that out. For instance, if I know I will be speaking with my targets, I

will wear something different then if I don't know who my target(s) is(are) and I am just trying to get them to

notice me out of a lot of people.Not really, no. I may be going to the grocery store or a continuing ed

class or a business meeting or a techie siminar or a play. It doesn't matter. The doses I've seen would be an OD

for me. Clothing is the same thing, I dress well but not exceptionally but I get noticed. I think demeanor has a lot

to do with it, how you present yourself in facial expressions and body language. My bet is that if you watched

Friendly in a public place you'll find he projects confidance, stands up straight and in general looks comfortable

and approachable.

I'm not trying to say that Friendly is wrong, all I am saying is that a person needs to

experiment and not take anybody's experience or opinion as the only word. Look at the thread by confused. That's

the first reaction I've seen like that, almost everybody else has posted good results with Chikara. I don't

disbelieve this guy either but there is still a lot we don't understand about mones and the art/science of

attraction.

j5fakt0r
12-08-2004, 01:36 AM
Being well groomed and such

would probably make a pretty good difference too. I don't think a girl would be as interested in a shaggy haired

guy as a guy that has a clean haircut.

belgareth
12-08-2004, 01:56 AM
Being well

groomed and such would probably make a pretty good difference too. I don't think a girl would be as interested in a

shaggy haired guy as a guy that has a clean haircut.
You may be right and that's another good example. I

wear a beard, short and neatly trimmed. Some women have told me they hate the sight of a beard and others say it

makes you look more distinquished. Again, no hard and fast rules apply.

einstein
12-08-2004, 02:00 AM
Some women have told me

they hate the sight of a beard and others say it makes you look more distinquished. Again, no hard and fast rules

apply.
I was reading an article on attraction based on facialmetric properties, and they had a reference

to a peer-reviewed study of first impressions based on beard length. I'd kinda like to find that article now, just

to see what they say about it.

Friendly1
12-08-2004, 07:00 AM
[QUOTE=belgareth] But I've

seen too many instances where the best dressed person was not the one that got the attention. The person with the

friendly expression and good attitude was getting much more attention.[/quote

Being checked out and getting the

attention are too different things. The women WILL check out the best dressed guys. It happens everywhere I go,

every part of the country.

But last night, I was NOT the best-dressed guy in the club, and I got plenty of

attention.

All I am saying is, for the guys who want to get that extra edge, learn to dress well. It is ONE

MORE TOOL TO USE.

Numanoid
12-08-2004, 08:27 AM
All I am

saying is, for the guys who want to get that extra edge, learn to dress well. It is ONE MORE TOOL TO USE.I

agree. I get different reactions from women when I'm dressed nicely compared to when I'm dressed down.

Surreal
12-08-2004, 10:40 AM
On a side note,

a number of bacteria use whats called *quorum sensing/chemical gradient as a way of detecting the source of some

chemial, food source, neighboring cells, or even light. They just detect the current concentration of whatever they

are interested in an then move around randomly and if the concentration increases the keep wiggling about that

direction as long as the concentration keeps increasing. If the concentration decreases they start moving randomly

in all directions until they pick up the "scent" again.

*generally refers to sensing neighboring cells to detect

colony size/population. Works the same was as the other gradients as the cells detect chemicals put out by other

cells...the more chemical the higher the population.

So it is like playing , cold, hot , hotter......

I tend to dress over all the time. IT really hurts interactions as well as advances my CEE.

eric_pelletier_tw
12-08-2004, 11:13 AM
to be back with topic

a can girl smell ya form a distance also note like ears the nose is directional no need to wonder around ... [okok

it isnt as precise as your eyes but still]
so even if there is 20ppl unless you smell alot[read too much] girls

will know who wears the perfume or scent [btw ppl that say somthing about bad smell know pretty much where it comes

from most of the time...]

Dress right ? how the hell do i do that ? :) when i work,i always dress well.Gives

you respect from others... i used to be a wraper at a grocery & a guy[client] took me for the bos.verry funny :) i

dont even wear a tie...unless it's an interview for a job...

ps:girls dont took at what you wear! but how you

wear it ! [little details]

tiberius
12-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Ive definitely gotten different

reactions from women and well frankly men too when Im better dressed than say wearing some old jeans a t-shirt and

havent shaved for a couple days.

I think combining good dressing with mones would be of maximum benefit for the

reason that while the mones will do there own thing regardless they have a somewhat limited range of effectiveness.

Now if you are in a big room (lecture hall or auditorium) and are say in the middle and a girl walks in the room

from the back the chances of the mones effecting her all the way back there isnt too high; however, the sense of

sight is much more long range and if she walks in and you are well dressed (read, best dressed in the room) chances

are she will see you and you will leave a good initial impression such as "hmm he looks good, etc." Then assuming

she walks in to the range of the mones (sitting in the same row or behind, etc) youll then have 2 things working in

your favor instead of just the mones..."wow looks good and smells even better." That combo could definitely lead to

her not getting her money's worth out of class that day :)

Silver
12-08-2004, 08:30 PM
You don't have to be the best

dressed guy, but it is always a plus to be well dressed. I have always found that I am attracted to more guys at

debate things (yes, I'm a nerd, get over it :)). Is this because the guys are more attractive? Nooooo. Is it

because they're more charming and charismaticly well spoken? Well, yes, but I'm attracted to more of them just by

looks so it's definitely not just that. It's because they're all in SUITS. And most of them are fairly well

tailored. This is not to say that you should go to a bar in a suit, but being well dressed is a most definite plus.

And...suits are hot...:)

However, on occasion, that cute rumpled scruffy look is adorable...it all depends on

the situation.;)

~Silver

P.S. oh and hair? Personally, I prefer well groomed, but not too short. An inch

or two is good, you have to have enough to ruffle:) And, of course, not so much product that it's hard and

untouchable. >.<

eric_pelletier_tw
12-08-2004, 09:08 PM
ps on that ps silver :

when my hair is not "hard" its messy & it dosent look groomed nor good ...

Silver
12-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Well then you need a new haircut,

love...or maybe a new stylist...or maybe you just need A stylist.

Trust me, it's very doable. There are plenty

of products out there that make your hair manageable AND soft...look for cremes and leave-in-conditioner+control

type products, or just a little gel, as opposed to the usual...or just talk to a stylist.

~Silver

bjf
12-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Back to Basics holding paste.... I

never really lived until that stuff.

There's also the Sebastian product line which has some decent products

that don't crisp or make your hair shiny.

eric_pelletier_tw
12-08-2004, 10:02 PM
how about some grease

from the fryer ... :lol:

bjf
12-08-2004, 10:11 PM
:) yechh :(

Friendly1
12-08-2004, 11:23 PM
to be

back with topic a can girl smell ya form a distance also note like ears the nose is directional no need to wonder

around ... [okok it isnt as precise as your eyes but still]
so even if there is 20ppl unless you smell alot[read

too much] girls will know who wears the perfume or scent [btw ppl that say somthing about bad smell know pretty much

where it comes from most of the time...]
They just sort of home in on the scent. I don't know the

biological process that results in their figuring out who is the source of the pheromones. I only know that if I

move to within 10-15 feet of them, they zero in on me.

Dress right ? how the hell do i do that ?

Most guys don't know how to do it anyway.

There are basically too ways to dress: to impress men and to

impress women. They don't share much in common. Most men dress to impress men.

ps:girls dont took at

what you wear! but how you wear it ! [little details]
No. They DEFINITELY look at what you wear. I

strongly urge you guys to check out John Molloy's Dress For Success. His book is based on solid scientific

research. Most of it covers how men should dress in the corporate world, but there is a chapter which basically

throws out all the rules and tells you how to dress to improve women.

Generally, if you want to learn how to

dress to impress women, you need to ask a woman's opinion (not your mother, not your sister) on which clothes to

buy. Most guys are stunned by the choices women advise them to make.

Friendly1
12-08-2004, 11:36 PM
I think

combining good dressing with mones would be of maximum benefit for the reason that while the mones will do there own

thing regardless they have a somewhat limited range of effectiveness. Now if you are in a big room (lecture hall or

auditorium) and are say in the middle and a girl walks in the room from the back the chances of the mones effecting

her all the way back there isnt too high; however, the sense of sight is much more long range and if she walks in

and you are well dressed (read, best dressed in the room) chances are she will see you and you will leave a good

initial impression such as "hmm he looks good, etc." Then assuming she walks in to the range of the mones (sitting

in the same row or behind, etc) youll then have 2 things working in your favor instead of just the mones..."wow

looks good and smells even better." That combo could definitely lead to her not getting her money's worth out of

class that day :)Okay, you're on the money, but remember that every situation has its appropriate dress.

Sometimes, the suit won't work. You have to fit in.

This week I was enrolled in a class where I dressed a

little fancy for business casual the first day. I was the best-dressed man, more-or-less. The second day, two guys

walked into the room wearing suits. Well, the only single woman in the room still sat next to me and gave me some

deliberate body contact (nothing inappropriate for the setting -- but she was definitely reacting to me more than to

the suits).

Late in the second day, the instructor related a story for us. He said that he moved to a large city

from a rural area a few years ago. He owned a tuxedo but had had no occasions on which to wear it in the rural area

(except the rare wedding).

Within two weeks of the move, he was invited to a soiree at a private club: black

tie. When he walked in to the club, several women wearing black dresses greeted him (they were accepting entrance

fees). One of them said, "Finally! A man who knows how to dress."

Sensing imminent disaster, he paid his fee and

entered the soiree. There were several hundred people there, but all the men were just wearing suits. They had

complained about having to wear tuxedos and so two days previously the membership had been notified that black tie

was optional.

The instructor at first felt like a fool, but within a few minutes, women had lined up to dance

with him, and he didn't get to sit down all night.

No pheromones, other than his natural ones, were involved.

It was the fact that he was the best dressed man at the event which got him all the attention.

But he wore

APPROPRIATE DRESS. Had it been a backyard barbecue, people probably would have teased him about the tuxedo. In his

business dealings in the rural area, he originally was required to wear suits. But too many prospects rejected

potential deals because he was overdressed, so his company allowed him to relax his clothing standards.

Now, he

didn't share any anecdotes about success with women in the rural area. But my point is that while I do recommend

dressing a step above the people around you, I also recommend staying within the bounds of acceptability.

Sometimes, the guys with the suits get ignored (even by the women). You need to understand what to wear on each

occasion. Women are attracted to men who know how to dress appropriately. Appropriately doesn't always mean "in a

suit", "wearing a tie", "in a tuxedo", etc. Sometimes, it's just a pair of slacks and a polo shirt. Sometimes,

it's a nice clean pair of jeans and a solid twill shirt. And so on.

MuscleBoundFool
12-08-2004, 11:38 PM
One more question, since

most people say less is more as far as the pheromones, can I spray cologne with my scented alter ego as well? I ask

because the phoermones might work but a good strong scent is also very attractable to women. A good scent will

destroy a well dressed man as far as getting a women.

Since I thought drops meant when the dropper finishes and

not one drop, I have been wasting a lot so, would combining with a cologne be good? Also to make sure the scent

stays I put the drops on my shirt, so I really do not have to worry about the pheromones going away.

Alter ego

has a good scent but with two drops, the scent is not too strong, so combining it with my very sexy cologne would be

a nice touch. But again would that be a good idea?

Friendly1
12-08-2004, 11:47 PM
One more

question, since most people say less is more as far as the pheromones, can I spray cologne with my scented alter ego

as well? I ask because the phoermones might work but a good strong scent is also very attractable to women. A good

scent will destroy a well dressed man as far as getting a women.
Did you mean to write, "A bad scent will

destroy a well dressed man" instead of "a good scent..."?

The pheromones can help imprint a pleasant memory on

women which they'll associate with your cologne. That is a good thing.

bjf
12-09-2004, 02:46 AM
Maybe he meant a guy with a good

scent will trump a well-dressed guy

tiberius
12-09-2004, 07:41 AM
Maybe he meant a guy

with a good scent will trump a well-dressed guy
Thats the beauty of this whole conversation...we are not

limited to being either the guy with the good scent or the most appropriate/best dressed guy. With a little work we

can combine the two, and thats when the fun starts.

belgareth
12-09-2004, 07:46 AM
It all comes down to what works

best for each of us and what we are comfortable with. To me, clothes have never been more than something to keep me

from being arrested for indecent exposure and to keep me warm. To others, they are important and it is reflected in

their outlook and how they percieve others. I think one of the things we each percieve at some level in how

comfortable the person seems and it affects how we feel about them.

MuscleBoundFool
12-09-2004, 02:36 PM
So I will apply my

cologne as well. Alter ego smells good but its not too strong. For example when girls where perfume, they have a

strong smell rather then a musky scent. I think a strong smell is important.