PDA

View Full Version : An idea for the Store

CptKipling
12-07-2004, 01:39 PM
One of the

biggest problems someone can face when mixing up a combo is measuring out the right amounts of each product, doing

drops of several products takes a long time and is prone to errors.

Another problem is when it comes to

reporting how much we have applied, dabs drops and sprays are fine, but half the time we have no idea what the

volume of each of these actually is.

So here the idea.

How about if Love Scent stocked more in the way of

"kits and supplies"? How about providing accurate syringes (like from the Chem Set or similar), or empty bottles, or

smaller good atomisers, or the ethanol from the Chem Set?

I for one would buy around 5 smaller atomisers, the

current ones are just too big.

Thoughts, Bruce? Anyone?

Indigo
12-07-2004, 01:52 PM
A great idea. Perfectly fits my

earlier suggestion.

If most phero mixers her would have a precise syringe and the same little dropper bottles

like those of the Chemkits or others (I already have that), only one person would have to to the test for each

product. Than we could really know the precise ratios of each mix and the applied amount!

CptKipling
12-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Yeah, the issue is

standardisation.

tiberius
12-07-2004, 02:40 PM
Well, just because some of us

here have "dab envy" there is no reason at all for you to complain to Bruce just because my dab is bigger than your

dab :P j/k

Actually this makes a lot of sense...oh man what I wouldn't give for a benchmate pipetman 1000

from the lab. I went to a local store and picked up a 5 mL syringe to do measuring with. There are plenty of local

stores to get small bottles and syringes at, havent checked for atomizers.

CptKipling
12-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Imagine the hit report...

Hot girl yadayada lots of flirting etc. etc.

Oh btw I was wearing two sprays of my mix.
now

compare it to this one

Hot girl yadayada lots of flirting etc. etc.

Oh btw I was wearing two

sprays of my mix from my lovely love scent atomiser that delivers 0.1 ml per spray. Which one is more

useful? Obviously, it would be fine if we all knew and posted the volume we applied there would be no issue, but not

every does. It's much better to see "2 sprays" and know how much that means.

tiberius
12-07-2004, 02:53 PM
One way I found around that,

sorta, was to measure out 2ml's of water into the atomizer bottle and count the number of sprays it took to empty

it. Painstaking and not super super accurate but gives a good approximation of how much mine sprays.

But like

you said unless everyone posts that value in addition to how many sprays it doesnt help an outsider nearly as much.

Still gives a ballpark, but not all sprays are created equal.

bjf
12-07-2004, 02:53 PM
It is a good idea. Bruce has a

history of selling the atomizers and syringes (i believe these were sold seperately in the past), so he has a

history to guage whether it is fiancially worth it.

phinmone
12-07-2004, 11:18 PM
CPT, i totally agree. pipettes,

small bottles (5ml), small atomizers (5ml or less). so if this happened, almost everybody would eventually have the

same kind of bottles and smaller atomizers, so we could all speak the same language when it comes down to applying

the mones on the skin.

i think this would be a great thing to have here!

phinmone

Surreal
12-08-2004, 03:28 AM
I suggested to stock plethoric

bottle types and sizes. I cant not find those little purfume samplers around my town. I would love to walk around

with a cigeratte type metal box but to hold vials of mones. It would look crazy to pop out your gothic engraved

sterling silver case and select a vial of 8 and dab the contents on your neck. :) kickass

Elvis
12-08-2004, 06:56 AM
If most phero mixers

her would have a precise syringe... That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. X amount of people, all posting their

hit reports after having applied dosages with the same standardised measuring kit, would do wonders to refine and

stabilise theories regarding applications.

I, for one would purchase such an accurate measuring tool with my

next order. It seems much better than the wild dynamics of current hit reporting with their arcane dosages.

We

could have a layman's page for dosages (like a quick start reference for people who are eager to just get going)

and a scientists page for the real gurus with their accurate mixes/amounts down to the milli/microgram. This could

be in addition to the Pherolibrary.

Wouldn't it also be cool if you could have something to accurately measure

gel pack amounts? How do you guess one-third of a pack? It's tricky to say the least. Something that could

accomplish this would be fantastic. Obviously we could all scour about for our own measuring devices but, it just

makes sense to have it here.

Cheers CK, fingers crossed!!! :thumbsup:

CptKipling
12-08-2004, 10:58 AM
We could have a

layman's page for dosages (like a quick start reference for people who are eager to just get going) and a

scientists page for the real gurus with their accurate mixes/amounts down to the milli/microgram. This could be in

addition to the Pherolibrary.
I'm already working on it. The Product Guide has some basic dosages

already.

I don't think the gel packs will ever be acurate, they are meant to be more of a "pick up and use"

product.

Bruce, any thoughts?

Elvis
12-08-2004, 11:31 AM
I'm already

working on it. The Product Guide has some basic dosages already.
Good work CK! It's coming along

nicely.

eric_pelletier_tw
12-08-2004, 11:47 AM
well i mesured the 2

atomizers i ordered from love-scent & it is prety consitent i posted my results! Also note a dab is inconsistent try

mesuments & so instead. like usin a droper or mesuring cm ... ex: dont say i puted half a pack of gel say i puted

2ml of gel ... [how do you calculate this ? mesure its size in mm...]
or use bruce sprayers or somthing that is

simple as that.There is a tread dedicated to mesuring & comparing amouts ... simply search for it !["application

methode" i think]
also why to you want smaller atomizers ? is it so big ? it's 10ml lots of mones bottles comme in

that format. ex:SoE

CptKipling
12-08-2004, 11:51 AM
It's not convenient to carry

around a 10ml atomiser, too bulky. I would never made a mix that was 10 mls big, so it's not very practical.

eric_pelletier_tw
12-08-2004, 11:58 AM
here is the tread i

talked about erlier for the uninterested ...

:)
[url="http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11610"]http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11610[/ur

l]

InternationalPlayboy
12-08-2004, 12:03 PM
It's not convenient to carry around a 10ml atomiser, too bulky. I would never made a mix that

was 10 mls big, so it's not very practical.

I agree. I have a couple of 5ml atomizers that came in

Realm sets and a couple more 5ml ones I bought off the 'Net (I've linked to the company before and am too lazy to

look for it right now). I like the 5ml atomizers much better than the 10ml ones mainly due to the convience of their

size, as CptKipling said, and I also think they look sleeker too.

eric_pelletier_tw
12-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Cpt: well go find one

that is smaler than that ! i only found a few ones. where: pen-atomizers (5ml) & sample atomizers (2ml) all i found

except those where 7to9x1.5x2cm(5ml) not that big of a difference!

CptKipling
12-08-2004, 03:08 PM
Thanks for being helpful,

eric.

:blink:

Indigo
12-09-2004, 02:27 AM
I only found these 4ml

one:

http://www.rusticescentuals.c

om/images/bottles/MiniMisterNatural4ml.jpg (http://www.rusticescentuals.com/images/bottles/MiniMisterNatural4ml.jpg)

O posted the link some time ago.

Elvis
12-09-2004, 06:39 AM
2ml or even 1ml would be

perfect.

What we don't want is me buying an atomiser from someplace and Joe Bloggs buying an atomiser from

someplace else. Now we are having to measure our own atomiser head sprays, compare, transpose, blah, blah, etc. The

thing is we'd have to decide by majority verdict which atomiser(s) is/are the most desirable, then suggest to Bruce

to see if he thought it was worthwhile getting them in. I think most folks are in agreement that the 10ml one is too

big. My one is gold (too feminine) and it also looks like a lipstick or mascara case or something. Maybe we should

keep trawling the 'net and continue to post our favourites and then maybe take a poll or something?

[how do you calculate this ? mesure its size in mm...]

Not accurate

enough Eric, man. Can you tell how many tenths of a mm the gel is by looking at your ruler? Also, it's difficult to

get gel to stay formed in a perfect cube. If we're gonna measure gel we need a very accurate syringe or something

and everyone must be using the same device or we're back to square 1.

Indigo
12-09-2004, 07:11 AM
Cpt:

well go find one that is smaler than that ! i only found a few ones. where: pen-atomizers (5ml) & sample atomizers

(2ml) all i found except those where 7to9x1.5x2cm(5ml) not that big of a difference!
Where did you find

the 2ml sample atomizers?

Bruce
12-09-2004, 07:28 AM
Wow. I can't believe I am noticing

this thread for the first time. I relly MUST do something about this asap. Keep bugging me. Actually, we have a

couple hundred 5ml atomizers that we were going to test out and I haven't even got them up on the site. I will get

Tammy to send me samples of them so I can take photos. I also have a line on some SOE-type roll-top bottles, that

we could sell cheaply. I'll check out the measuring syringes too. That should be no problem. We do stock a

limited number of them already. We used to include them with the A1 orders; not sure if we do that any

longer.

Many thanks. Top of my "to do" list. Feel free to buy me by email if I stall out on

this.

Regards,
Bruce

InternationalPlayboy
12-09-2004, 07:36 AM
I'll

check out the measuring syringes too. That should be no problem. We do stock a limited number of them already. We

used to include them with the A1 orders; not sure if we do that any longer.

Many thanks. Top of my "to do"

list. Feel free to buy me by email if I stall out on this.

Regards,
Bruce

I ordered A1 in

late September. It came in a dropper top bottle, no syringe included.

Elvis
12-09-2004, 08:46 AM
Alriiigghhhttt! Bruce is on the

case! Let's keep the ball rolling, dudes.

Silver
12-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Bruce that would be

awesome:)

I was looking around for smaller atomizers myself, but if we could get them off this site and just pay

one shipping charge it would be awesome. Plus, if I'm gonna buy them anyway, I'd rather support this site than

some random perfume or EO site I found on the net.

I'd be interested in the 5 ml ones, or even smaller, as well

as roll ons, as long as you tested them all to be very leak-proof.

~Silver

CptKipling
12-09-2004, 12:11 PM
Wow. I can't

believe I am noticing this thread for the first time. I relly MUST do something about this asap. Keep bugging me.

Actually, we have a couple hundred 5ml atomizers that we were going to test out and I haven't even got them up on

the site. I will get Tammy to send me samples of them so I can take photos. I also have a line on some SOE-type

roll-top bottles, that we could sell cheaply. I'll check out the measuring syringes too. That should be no problem.

We do stock a limited number of them already. We used to include them with the A1 orders; not sure if we do that any

longer.

Many thanks. Top of my "to do" list. Feel free to buy me by email if I stall out on this.

Regards,
Bruce
Thats great!

The roll tops are a good idea too.

I don't think A1 comes with a

syringe anymore, my order (about July) didn't have one.

Thanks

BassMan
12-09-2004, 12:12 PM
I don't think

A1 comes with a syringe anymore, my order (about July) didn't have one.

ThanksMine, neither. I'd like

it if it did, tho.

-Bass

Elvis
12-12-2004, 08:18 AM
Check this out. Look mega cheapy,

but I'm guessing if you took one of these on a night out, you would only have a 1ml or so in there for a re-app.

Would this thing work? Leak? Maybe not worth Bruce's time. Could maybe include one in every order for a small "fee"

as it were. A log could be kept of who has already received one, thus they don't get one next order unless the

first one was in damaged.

http://www.qosmedix.com/catalog/part.asp?partno=29284

(http://www.qosmedix.com/catalog/part.asp?partno=29284)

bjf
12-12-2004, 08:32 AM
Very interesting. Would

Polypropylene interact with scents?

For those of you who look at the pick, it is a sprayer (atomizer), not a

dropper. Look closely at the spray head.

oscar
12-12-2004, 09:05 AM
http://www.qosmedix.com/catalog/part.asp?partno=29284

(http://www.qosmedix.com/catalog/part.asp?partno=29284)

That atomizer appears to be the same one that the 2mL TE samples came in about a year ago.
It

wasn't especially easy to do the first time, but after I figured out how to get the top off I refilled it and used

it numerous times. While it's apparently not designed to be refilled, the snap-seal between the sprayer and the

plastic bottle portion retained its integrity for several months of use.
Unfortunately I lost it before I could

manage to wear it out.

Oscar :)

Elvis
12-12-2004, 09:17 AM
That atomizer appears

to be the same one that the 2mL TE samples came in about a year ago.
It wasn't especially easy to do the first

time, but after I figured out how to get the top off I refilled it and used it numerous times. While it's

apparently not designed to be refilled, the snap-seal between the sprayer and the plastic bottle portion retained

its integrity for several months of use.
Unfortunately I lost it before I could manage to wear it out.

Oscar

:)
Seems fair for the price, then?

Indigo
12-12-2004, 09:55 AM
View the 4ml version:

http://www.qosmedix.com/catalog/part.asp?partno=29721

(http://www.qosmedix.com/catalog/part.asp?partno=29721)

it has a screw cap, and only has a bigger diameter ( 15mm instead of 11 mm ).
It is not higher than the

2ml version.

Elvis
12-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Cool man, dig the colours.

Or,

these???

https://www.alicealiya.com/store/mini/index1.htm

bjf
12-12-2004, 10:14 AM
Perception, Pheromax keychain and

Chikara have had such trouble trying to find non-leakers, I am worried about any atomizer I see.

Elvis
12-12-2004, 10:33 AM
Perception, Pheromax

keychain and Chikara have had such trouble trying to find non-leakers, I am worried about any atomizer I

see.

What does it mean when these companies claim their gear is leakproof? Does it mean only x amount in

a hundred will leak, or something?

bjf
12-12-2004, 10:43 AM
Not sure, perhaps. But it seems like

their guarantees end up being BS or something. Their should be penalty clauses written into contracts when one is

buying a lot of atomizers for a product.

If the first one that you pointed out is what ProEdge used, it

doesn't seem to be leaker. Because it was unscrewable, however, re-using is a pain. You have to pry it open as

Oscar mentioned.

Elvis
12-12-2004, 10:51 AM
I wish I knew more about this

subject...I'd make ma own damn atomizers!!!

bjf
12-12-2004, 11:04 AM
If they were that easy to make, there

would not be so many damn leakers!