PDA

View Full Version : a few newbie questions

SirPsychoSexy
12-03-2004, 06:17 PM
I just

got the biginner package this week and I was reading the infopaper that came with it. it said that different people

have different (smell) sensitivities to pheremones and that in extreme situations pheremones can smell like bo. I

suppose i'm super sensitive to pheros cuz the sealed bottle of TE smells very stronly of BO, (not the old

moldy kind, more of a fresh cleaner BO) but still BO nontheless. I dont personally find the smell very offensive but

i couldnt go out with a spray of stright TE I'd have a hard time not imagining that everyone else can smell it as

strongly as I can.

Here's the situation, I have never worn any colognes EVER and am very reluctant to simply

overpower the TE with one. Even regular deoderant is to strong of a "chemical" smell for me (i normally use the

unscented deoderants from the healthfood stores. I've got the sample gell packs of TE and SOE and even a quarter

packet on my wrists is a bit much (more than i'm used to, I'm sure to everyone else it is nothing), I could never

imagine wearing a whole package, i would feel too much like a walking chemical plant. I've mixed some of the

essential oil/musk that came with the package into my atomizer and the "bo" smell of TE still shines throught pretty

well

I'm currently applying one spray to my chest and rubbing it in with both wrists (in combinatoin with the

gell packs) I'd like to start experimenting on my neck/ears/hair, but am concerned about the overpowering smell.

currently when i wear just a T-shirt (which exposes my wrists) I feel self conscouse about the overpowering smell of

either the TE or the accompanying gell pack.

So here are my questions:

Can everyone else smell this "BO"

scent as strongly as I can?

does anyone know of any application areas/techniques that will minimize the overall

smell, I know this is somewhat contradictory in nature considering what we are dealing with, but any suggestions

would be appreciated.

i know I'm gonna have to mix the TE with something and thus i will have to resign myself

to get over my phobia of wearing "colognes" so... what kind of products should I look for that are more understated

and "natural" in nature. i am presuming sandalwood would be a good option but i'm sure there are other's i'm not

aware of.

Also i was wondering if i do spray underneath my cloths will the pheros still "get out" even though

the scent is basically covered up?
P.S. I just opened my CHIKARA sample pack and so far the smell is a lot closer

to what i am looking for... wish i had a bit more to experiment with.

Felstorm
12-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Can everyone else

smell this "BO" scent as strongly as I can?
Well. TE smells "odd" to me, but I don't smell anything

offensive.

Chikara is rather pleasant.

InternationalPlayboy
12-03-2004, 08:00 PM
So here are my questions:

Can everyone else smell this "BO" scent as strongly as I

can?

does anyone know of any application areas/techniques that will minimize the overall smell, I know this

is somewhat contradictory in nature considering what we are dealing with, but any suggestions would be

appreciated.

i know I'm gonna have to mix the TE with something and thus i will have to resign myself to get

over my phobia of wearing "colognes" so... what kind of products should I look for that are more understated and

"natural" in nature. i am presuming sandalwood would be a good option but i'm sure there are other's i'm not

aware of.

Also i was wondering if i do spray underneath my cloths will the pheros still "get out" even

though the scent is basically covered up?
P.S. I just opened my CHIKARA sample pack and so far the smell is a lot

closer to what i am looking for... wish i had a bit more to experiment with.

Each person has a

different sensivity to the smell of pheromones. Some can't smell them at all. I'm like you, SirPsychoSexy, Edge

really affects me too. I get the same anxiety reaction if I wear too much none. Instead of spraying or mixing, try

just a dab or two of Edge instead. Start small and work up gradually. You may need something like SOE or WAGG to

balance it out a bit too.

Sandalwood is a good cover for the Edge.

The pheromones will still be

released under a shirt, especially at an application as large as a spray or more. And you can get two or three uses

out of that Chikara gel pack.

In fact, if you are like me, I think you'll like Chikara. And it's not too

expensive for nine packs, if you want more to try.

Be sure to read the reference material linked at the top

of the page. If the updated FAQs aren't there yet, be sure to look back as they are excellent. Or you can find them

in the "pherolibrary.com (Reference Material)" thread.

j5fakt0r
12-03-2004, 08:14 PM
I personally can't smell the

pheros from TE, and to me it really doesn't smell like anything. Maybe a little like ethanol or some kind of

alcohol. The beginner's package also comes with SPMO which smells fairly nice and you can try mixing it.

I

believe your pack also came with AE gel too, which you might want to give a shot at.

Surreal
12-03-2004, 11:45 PM
:welcome:

welcome to the

forums

tiberius
12-04-2004, 12:43 AM
Im in the same boat as

J5faktor, because I cant smell anything but alcohol in TE and the SPMO just smells like a light musk cologne.

Watcher
12-04-2004, 03:25 AM
if you use more than 2 sprays a

day 1 in 100 people might find it a turnoff - still 99 outta 100 that dont mind or dont notice is good odds to me -

out of that 20 out of 100 might react to it in some way or another.

I really think the beginners pack should

have the option perhaps of a 5ml perception bottle jush the perception or a 5ml bottle of alter ego or 5ml bottle of

SOE because the edge might be turning more users off pheromones than on or just ditching the edge scent which

personally the sandlewood one is bettre than the original one.

Elvis
12-04-2004, 05:44 AM
SirPsychoSexy, I'd say don't

concern yourself too much with the "BO" smell. Last night I had a great time, dancing for hours. I could smell

myself...to me it wasn't pleasant (I have a really bad sense of smell btw) but that didn't stop the chicks and I

experienced some excellent hits.

I'm gonna write a full report in a mo.

Welcome to the forum.

bjf
12-04-2004, 07:37 AM
It seems that regardless of what the

hell I wear, it always causes people to comment on either something stinking or someone wearing too much cologne

(when I try to cover it up). I always have to deal with that crap, and it ain't fun. It is mostly because Lacroy

products are so stinky.