PDA

View Full Version : Confusion, and the Workings of 'Working'

Icarus
11-30-2004, 07:06 AM
Ok. This post is not intended as any form of 'diss' 'flame' or any of the other terms that exist in

the online forum community.

It's just an observation that I have made recently.

being left with a small

amount of pheromones since I partook of an experiment concerning my beloved friend (I dunno if this thread exists

over here, but the main reason that I played around with pheromones was to get my mate out of a 'slump' that he

had found himself in) I decided (upon finding them amongst my other colognes and fancy fragrances) to have a little

fun and play around - to see if I had tricked myself with hype etc...

Now, previously, when I wore pheros I

noticed a difference and decided them fit for foisting upon my barren friend to facilitate his shagisitude.

It

seemed to work.

However.

Upon wearing them one night on, three nights off for a month continuously, I came

to find that reactions were minor, if at all.

My lazy method for 'pickups' (ross jeffries and all that other

garbage purists may find my manner impossible to understand, but it has always worked - maybe I should start a

website) is to seperate myself from my friends, put myself in visual range of the largest portion of women that I

find interesting (hopefully somewhere that I have something to lean against. A bar, a pillar, or a fat man) and look

dusky, mysterious and suitably open to approach. This may get booed as being too 'lone-wolf' or whatever the term

is - but after about 5-10 mins of this (punctuated by infrequent glances around the room - generally in the

directions of my quarry - and even less frequent looks at my watch, phone, or any other item I have to hand) a

suitable individual usually presents themselves.

(note, at this point in time, I have a shiny new girlfriend,

and only do this sort of stuff for sick ego boosts or in the name of 'science')

When my test subject comes

along, we typically talk for a little, then we dance, then we talk more privately. (seated, or whatever) I follow no

'pattern' or anything, this is just typically the way it works out - getting to know you bullshit, barriers

lowered by dancing, then sitting and talking like we actually know each other (or care).

All I can tell you, is

that without pheromones, conversations intially came easier, dancing was more open yet inviting, and later

conversations actually had the capacity to be meaningful(ish)

with pheros, I either had exactly the same results

(differing only in the different ways that girls personalities make encounters change), the slightly stilted results

shown above, or not even getting past the 'hello, my name is {blank} I'm from {blank}

This is not to say that

pheros had a negative effect, just that I couldn't actually state with honesty that I actually noticed anything

really different.

Funny thing is though, I was approached by TWO fat girls when I was wearing pheros on

the first night. Coincidance? :lol:

Input appreciated!

(oh, and hello!)

Steve

bjf
11-30-2004, 07:32 AM
Maybe you have to rely less on scent

than other guys with less visual and wit (studies claim attractive women get less benefit from their scent). I

remember your waitress story though, surely you have some cases where the pheromones are really hitting the spot.

Friendly1
11-30-2004, 08:57 AM
Now, previously,

when I wore pheros I noticed a difference and decided them fit for foisting upon my barren friend to facilitate his

shagisitude.

It seemed to work.

However.

Upon wearing them one night on, three nights off for a month

continuously, I came to find that reactions were minor, if at all.
If what you're doing ain't working,

try something else. Now, look closely at what you were doing:

Most of the time in that month, you weren't

wearing pheromones. You noticed no significant improvement.

Hence, ALMOST NO pheromones = no improvement.

All I can tell you, is that without pheromones, conversations intially came easier, dancing was more open

yet inviting, and later conversations actually had the capacity to be meaningful(ish)
Sounds like you are

too self-conscious when you wear the pheromones, expecting the (non-existent) "magic" to kick in and do the work for

you.

I suspect that wearing the pheromones more often would liven things up with you and your girlfriend.

At

the very least, wearing the pheromones regularly should help get you past that "I am SO wearing pheromones"

self-conscious stage, if that is indeed your problem.

CptKipling
11-30-2004, 12:54 PM
Hi Steve, where exactly are you

these days? Is it Spain, or am just really confused?

I know what you are talking about, sometimes you can get

really disenchanted (a word? spelt correctly? chance would be a fine thing...) with using pheromones - are they

actually doing anything? etc.

But you have to remember that very often reactions can be very context and

situation specific. Are you wearing the right thing for picking up girls in clubs (I'm assuming that's where you

were).

Also, if you play around with what you use, you will probably find that something completely out of

character and out of the ordinary happens. I've been jumped on by girlfriends ("smell this...ok we can smell it

upstairs if you like...)", followed around by girls at school who I barely know ("hey, can I help you with that...oh

I'll just go with you"), and many others.

My point is (I think) that just because something big hasn't

happened, it doesn't mean pheromones didn't change anything for the better. Think inhibitions, intimidation, and

all that other low fat mallarky.

Felstorm
11-30-2004, 01:47 PM
Upon wearing

them one night on, three nights off for a month continuously, I came to find that reactions were minor, if at

all.
This could be part of the problem. No buildup. According to advice elsewhere in the forums, try

using small levels everyday for a month. Less for longer = More.

My lazy method for 'pickups' (ross

jeffries and all that other garbage purists may find my manner impossible to understand, but it has always worked -

maybe I should start a website) is to seperate myself from my friends, put myself in visual range of the largest

portion of women that I find interesting (hopefully somewhere that I have something to lean against. A bar, a

pillar, or a fat man) and look dusky, mysterious and suitably open to approach. This may get booed as being too

'lone-wolf' or whatever the term is - but after about 5-10 mins of this (punctuated by infrequent glances around

the room - generally in the directions of my quarry - and even less frequent looks at my watch, phone, or any other

item I have to hand) a suitable individual usually presents themselves.
Okay.

Ever tried picking up

women anywhere else? Like a department store? Or a business expo?

Try doing your lonely stranger act there.

See? If you'd do that anywhere else you'd look like a moron, or just pretentious. Your putting on an act, it's

not genuine and women can see that. Phoney acts attract phoney people.

Maybe you should take some of Ross

Jeffries advice and look for women in more than just one place. Ie, the nightclubs you frequent. See a hot girl on

the street corner? Stop her and introduce yourself. Anytime you see a woman looking you in the eye for longer than

three seconds, it's your moral imperative as a man to introduce yourself. It doesn't matter if it's the office,

the mall, or a nightclub.

Here is my personal observation with nightclubs.

1. Alcohol. Alcohol makes

people do strange things. Yes it can lower inhibitions. But. Do you REALLY want to get involved with a person that

has to have alcohol to "loosen up" and be social? Booze = bad for finding quality people. Booze = Good if you want

to get a skank.

2. Tobacco smoke. Ah yes, tobacco. Tobacco, and the resulting smoke leads most nightclubs to

have really good ventilation systems. Your pheromones are probably not doing as well as they could, because they are

not lingering long enough in the air, or being countered by the smoke and other peoples' colognes, smells, farts,

belches, puke...etc. In a closed environment, you want to pick a place where your scent is going to stick around and

spread and not get sucked into an air vent and squirted outside right away.

3. People. People are dumb. Mix

that with alcohol, and tobacco, and other drugs, and you have dumb people that think they are beautiful, ten-feet

tall, and bullet proof. Women also come prepared to buffet men's advances back. So good looking women are going to

have their defenses up, with power diverted from the main transfluxuater hyper-warpdrive beam-me-up-Scotty coils.

Nightclubs, bars, and taverns are a social nightmare in my book. It's why I don't go to them. It's really

being fueled by this generation being college and drinking age. It' creating a tavern-mentality sub-culture. It's

painfully evident by movies like "Girl Gone Wild" and TV shows like "Insomniac".