PDA

View Full Version : Check out the new Auction forum

Bruce
11-26-2004, 08:53 AM
Folks,

I just added a new forum; Auctions. It is experimental, but if it works out, I will post a new

"bunch of stuff" auction in there every Friday and the auction will run until midnight Sunday night. Check it out

and if you have any questions, post them here.

At the moment, we have a bunch of returned merchandise on the

block. Last I looked, there was only one bid. Bidding ends this Sunday; highest bidder gets it postage paid within

the US.

Cheers and Happy Holidays,
Bruce

MaNofSteeL
11-26-2004, 09:00 AM
Sounda great!

Elvis
11-26-2004, 09:28 AM
Can we get, 'Postage kinda

mostly paid' outwith the US, Bruce?

I need to keep saving the pennies. I'm desperate to experiment as much as

possible! :)

Bruce
11-26-2004, 11:05 AM
I think I'll keep the postage thing

sort of "at our discretion". EG: if the bidding goes rather high, I will probably have it sent Fed Ex within the

US. Outside the US, we might just pay the whole thing. I lieu of that though, you could always opt for "shipping

roulette"; meaning you agree to accept the loss if the product ends up in your postman's pocket and we ship it by

the cheapest possible postal option, no tracking, no insurance, nada... That generally works for most

folks.

Regards,
B

CptKipling
11-26-2004, 11:19 AM
Bruce,

Any chance of a

points bought "free shipping" coupon? It would really help out us in the FedEx only parts of the world, because we

have to try to fit as much in one order as we can, or wait until there are a few things to order.

$27 (I think)

to ship to the UK :(

Bruce
11-26-2004, 11:37 AM
Capt,

We can ship to you in

the UK by post if don't mind taking the risk on the postal shipping. To tell the truth I think it was customers

who were hitting us with the ol' "I never got it scam", but it was so bad, we had to resort to a Fed Ex only

system. There may not really be that big of a risk.

B

CptKipling
11-26-2004, 11:43 AM
How many people got hit by it?

It would be devastating to my finances if I lost a big order.

Bruce
11-26-2004, 12:28 PM
I think *we* are the only ones who

got "hit". They only "disappeared" up until we stopped guaranteeing safe delivery of postal shipments. Catch my

drift?

That said though, I would keep the orders very small with the postal shipping. Shipping is cheap and

you can usually slip thru customs and not get any tax. At the moment, you get us over the "free shipping over

$100." barrel if you live in the UK. We got to stop that soon though.

Bruce

Watcher
11-26-2004, 01:24 PM
Good idea on the

option

Global mail shipping is still a joke - so many corrupt individuals esp in less developed mail

countries.

Only ever had one issue here in australia - it got "taken" but that wsa a customs guy who decided

he wanted some for himself.

Apart from that no dramas since then every order arrives on time.