PDA

View Full Version : Confidence Placebo

tiberius
11-24-2004, 08:52 AM
I am fairly new

here, but I am curious as to whether anyone has done any research, polls, or anything along those lines regarding

the effects of wearing mones on a person's confidence. I mean we all know that pheromones affect the way other

people perceive use, but what about the way they make us perceive ourselves. I know that while, yes we are somewhat

affected by them that is not what I am getting at. I am actually referring to has anyone looked into the increased

number of "hits" isnt necessairly a direct result of wearing pheromones, but as an indirect effect. This indirect

effect being: by wearing pheromones the person feels more self-confident and by feeling more self-confident and

intentionlly taking a more outgoing approach in social situations with the purpose of getting attention so that the

mones take affect. The perceived hits might actually be a result of that person's new found boldness.

Is it

possible that the best effect of pheromones isn't on others, but rather as a placebo to enhance our own

self-confidence?

Any thoughts on this? :type:

CptKipling
11-24-2004, 09:04 AM
This has been discussed a

lot.

Pheros do affect the wearer, both through pheromonal pathways and a simple, "I'm wearing pheromones, I

am invincible!" type of confidence.

-none can make people aggressive, which can become confidence. -nol makes

people chatty and can elevate the mood, and also give a slightly drunken feeling in my experience.

Knuuttipukki
11-24-2004, 10:27 AM
You can also get headaches

and nightmares with mones...

Comptek56
11-24-2004, 11:07 AM
I don't know about

nightmares, but have had some incredible dreams after wearing them

Gegogi
11-24-2004, 11:59 AM
No special dreams from 'mones

for me but if I eat a late dinner my dreams get really strange...

MaNofSteeL
11-24-2004, 12:12 PM
I have thought about this

before ordering but i still havent tried them so i have no idea..

tiberius
11-24-2004, 12:37 PM
First Impressions,

I just

tried wearing them to class for the first time, and nothing out of the ordinary except that I did feel more

talkative than normal. Im going to chalk this up to just wanting to ellicit a response from others, so I

intentionally was more friendly than normal. The test continues...

Watcher
11-24-2004, 01:56 PM
Bump up the application a tiny

amount. ANd keep raising until you get a response or an OD.

Surreal
11-24-2004, 02:00 PM
I denfinitly have more

confidence wearing mones. I know I have a slight advantage when engauging conversations with a strangers. I have the

Clint Eastwood Effect, but mones help dull that down. Just knowing that really helps me alot. Plus when I am working

with younger girls (19-22) they tend to gravitate towards me. WHOA what self esteem increasent!!!!! I was working

bar once and this drunk girl, with both hands, rubed all the way up my arm. (wearing AE)

Some poeple

experienced depression until they built up a tolerance to mones. (-none) I had WICKED mood swings with it on. Now a

week later my edgyness went away.

Also for the first few nights with APC I had extreme dreams. Violent,

realistic, and emotional dreams. When I woke up I did not know if it was a memory or a dream! But now I can sleep

without washing AE off and be fine.

I used AE with 2 drops for the first few times. I really did not want to OD.

Then I had a gig with a bunch of high school seniors, so I applied one more drop, this time to my hair. And the

results came in. Good results. It is all about finding that perfect dosage for the season.

GL

-SURREAL

Knuuttipukki
11-24-2004, 02:13 PM
When you wake up after a

realistic dream and want to know if you are really awake try pushing your hand thru wall. If the wall is solid, you

are awake :frustrate

Another good test is flying...if you can, you are dreaming :angel:

Surreal
11-24-2004, 02:26 PM
When you

wake up after a realistic dream and want to know if you are really awake try pushing your hand thru wall. If the

wall is solid, you are awake :frustrate

Another good test is flying...if you can, you are dreaming

:angel:
I still have trouble lucid dreaming. Once in a while I realise this is a dream i am in and I can

kind-of control it. I consider my self a treasure hunter.... I am always of thinking about mining for gold, digging

for emeralds, diving for booty, and just find a $20 on the parking lot. So when I was a younger kid I would dream

that I found 3 HUGE chests of GOLD..... I awoke with excitement that I have riches!!!! But then I relised I had

nothing...needless to say I was disapointed . :sad:

But today I am still looking for booty and chests but in a

different way. :D :D :D

Elvis
11-25-2004, 02:31 AM
I, for one, definitely feel

more outgoing with increased self-confidence and personal belief whilst using 'mones. Whether or not this is

direct/indirect or a combo is not important to me, although it is interesting. If it is mostly a placebo effect I

couldn't give a damn, 'cause when I'm on the 'mones I just feel unstoppable. If they make you feel good, use

'em!

Have_Courage
11-25-2004, 02:51 AM
##########

Surreal
11-25-2004, 03:03 AM
Makes me

want to have the mones right away (I'm still waiting for it). Is Thursday/Friday a public holiday in the

US?
Thursday is a national holiday..... We all have a big feast!!!!!
Friday we all go SHOPing!!!!!!

(this is a real american tradition....eat eat eat and shop shop shop) lol (no political statement in there just an

observation)

Where do you live?

tiberius
11-27-2004, 10:27 AM
Turkey Day

experimentation....
So I go with my fiancee to her parents house for dinner, and (having just received my mones on

tuesday I am wearing them...still experimenting) and I am wearing approximately 3 sprays of TE (from an atomizer

mixed with 3.5ml TE + 7 drops SPEO musk) and interestingly enough I was definitely the center of attention for

EVERYONE in the house (except from my fiancee....probably had something to do with the head cold she has right now

and her entire lack of any ability to smell) for close to 30 minutes. I mean everyone was clamoring to know a lot of

things. When I would ask someone a question (usually as simple as how have you been etc) I would get much longer

than normal responses (3-5 minutes as opposed to the normal Ive been good, how have you been yadda yadda yadda) from

both men and women (probably around 15-20 people there). I have met about 80% of these people before (and multiple

times), but not sure if the greatly increased interest in me was a result of the mones or what, but it was

definitely a lot different than last thanksgiving.

Question does this sound like a hit (still new to wearing

mones, and having trouble discerning hits from other behavior)? Thoughts?

tiberius
11-27-2004, 10:29 AM
Oh yea I forgot one thing...

how many drops are there in 1 spray?