PDA

View Full Version : What women really mean...

phersurf
11-23-2004, 12:20 PM
When they

say they want a man that treats them right, that is sensetive, a good comunicator, nice, etc.

Women have this

image of a man in their brain that is several million years old. It is based on a biological need to find a man that

will produce healthy offspring, And these offspring will also be able to find a mate and produce healthy offspring.

This image is visually a tall, strong man with a square jaw, clear eyes and skin. But he should also be the

klind of man that stands his ground, doesn't take shit from anyone (including women), has control over his

emotions, has his own life, does not apppear needy, has good hygeine, has options and the ability to be with almost

any woman (but choosers her). These non visual attributes tend to be more important to women than the purely visual

ones (at least for something long term).

Once these above attributes are met, then the woman wants a man that

is sensitive, a good comunicator, etc. When a woman says this, she is picturing Jude Law or Colin Farrell (or a guy

she is already attracted to but is intimidated by) in her head and hoping they will treat her that way.

If

you are a sensitive guy, good comunicator, nice guy, but don't have these other attributes you get put in the "lets

just be friends" compartment of the woman's brain.

Surreal
11-23-2004, 12:34 PM
yeah, lifes a bitch.

There are MANY more facters. Today I ran into a girl I went to school with over 8 years ago. During school I liked

her. When I ran into her I still liked her, but in a different way. Then I noticed why I liked her. Her genetic

makeup is simular to mine. Not by much maybe 33% or so. If we would to have more contact with each other I might

find we have a chemical attraction. I have noticed a pattern in the girls I like. Most fall into several distinct

genetic catagories. Thats me though : )

-surreal

CptKipling
11-23-2004, 12:39 PM
yeah, lifes a

bitch.
Her genetic makeup is simular to mine. Not by much maybe 33%
Less than a rat? Life must be a bitch

:D

;)

DCW
11-23-2004, 12:39 PM
What they say they want and what they

desire are two different things.

DCW

DCW
11-23-2004, 12:42 PM
yeah, lifes a

bitch.

Her genetic makeup is simular to mine. Not by much maybe 33% or so.

-surreal

Hillbilly love!!! :wub:

DCW

Surreal
11-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Less than a

rat? Life must be a bitch :D

;)
I don't get it. :think:

Was it the 33% thing?

I am half

Italian and half mix. (mostly Irish) The girl I spoke of is half Irish. So I figure we have 33% racial simularities.

I think I just chosen my terms poorly. : )

I bet you are just yanking my chain. :POKE:

chococat
11-23-2004, 01:17 PM
When they say

they want a man that treats them right, that is sensetive, a good comunicator, nice, etc.

Women have this image

of a man in their brain that is several million years old. It is based on a biological need to find a man that will

produce healthy offspring, And these offspring will also be able to find a mate and produce healthy offspring.

This image is visually a tall, strong man with a square jaw, clear eyes and skin. But he should also be the klind of

man that stands his ground, doesn't take shit from anyone (including women), has control over his emotions, has his

own life, does not apppear needy, has good hygeine, has options and the ability to be with almost any woman (but

choosers her). These non visual attributes tend to be more important to women than the purely visual ones (at least

for something long term).

Once these above attributes are met, then the woman wants a man that is sensitive, a

good comunicator, etc. When a woman says this, she is picturing Jude Law or Colin Farrell (or a guy she is already

attracted to but is intimidated by) in her head and hoping they will treat her that way.

If you are a

sensitive guy, good comunicator, nice guy, but don't have these other attributes you get put in the "lets just be

friends" compartment of the woman's brain.
They want to know that you are a nice, sensitive, good

communicator on your own and not just to get her in bed. They want to know that you are independent, but

appreciative. You don't have to be a stud in every sense if you can hold your own.

TRock
11-23-2004, 01:17 PM
great post Phersurf. yeah i found

out that what a woman wants in a man, she already assumes attraction in the 1st place then you can be sensitive,

nice, etc.

DCW
11-23-2004, 01:18 PM
I don't get it.

:think:

Was it the 33% thing?

I am half Italian and half mix. (mostly Irish) The girl I spoke of is

half Irish. So I figure we have 33% racial simularities. I think I just chosen my terms poorly. : )

I bet

you are just yanking my chain. :POKE:

I'm a wise guy don't mind me. :thumbsup:

DCW

Watcher
11-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Lol yeah i find i tend to be

attracted to certain types of female

brown hair, about my height, certain facial features.]

At the

same time being white i am attracted to asian and african american women so there you go.

phersurf
11-23-2004, 02:32 PM
yeah, lifes a

bitch.

There are MANY more facters. Today I ran into a girl I went to school with over 8 years ago.

During school I liked her. When I ran into her I still liked her, but in a different way. Then I noticed why I liked

her. Her genetic makeup is simular to mine. Not by much maybe 33% or so. If we would to have more contact with each

other I might find we have a chemical attraction. I have noticed a pattern in the girls I like. Most fall into

several distinct genetic catagories. Thats me though : )

-surreal

I didn't bring this up to

point out that it's unfair in any way (if that's what you were implying by your "lifes a bitch" statement).

I'm just saying that no matter what society, religion, our parents, or whatever says about what we should

be attracted to in the opposite sex or how we should behave to attract the opposit sex, we are biological creatures

first and foremost. There are millions of years of evolution (and only 6000 years of civilization!) behind our

mating decisions.

Just like women have this image of men they are attracted to, men also have an image of

women they are attracted to. Only men are much more simple creatures than women. Our image is almost entirely based

on physical attractivness. I'm sure that this girl you're attracted to is physically attractive. There are

millions of women that have similar genetic makeup as you, but you like this one.

Men choose mates like

sperm, women choose mates like eggs. Men can mate with thousands of women and have hundereds of children and we

don't have to be around to raise them for them to survive. Women can only have a maximum of about 20 offspring (the

record is 69 but that includes several sets of twins) and they have to be present for a good part of the children's

life to ensure survival. Who do you think is going to be more picky (and use more than just physical attractivness

as a decision to who they mate with)?

Gegogi
11-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Lots people in Asia still have

arranged marriages and live happy lives. Folks meet in chatrooms and fall in love and know squat about each other.

Some women fall in love with convict penpals on death row and get married. Lots women want to jump my bones after

they see me play guitar. otherwise they're not nearly as interested. So ideals are one thing. Reality is another.

phersurf
11-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Arranged marriages asside. When

people meet and fall in love in chatrooms, it's because the guy is saying things that are appealling to the woman

at these other, more ancient levels of communication. And the guy is still probably attracted to her at a physical

level, he's probably seen her picture. I'm sure there are not that many 6'2" guys that look like models falling

for 5' 160 lb women in chatrooms, no matter how cool she is. And unless he is able to come across as a coll, funny

guy with confidence, she won't fall for him.

Women falling in love with convicts proves my point. IF the guy

is able to talk to the part of the woman's brain where attraction is created, it doesn't matter. There is a famous

story that happened in Califoria about 10 years ago where a respected DA helped a man she convicted escape from

jail. When asked why, she said no man ever made her feel the way he did, and there was nothing physical between them

at the time. He was a notorious womanizer.

As far as women wanting to jump your bones when they see you play

giutar, that also proves my point. The artistic male is one iof the architypes that also communicate with this part

of the woman's brain that creates attraction.

DCW
11-23-2004, 03:51 PM
I truely believe that you should date

a least a year and a half before ever considering marriage. Too many people meet then jump into bed and decide to

get hitched while feeling some sexual euphoria only to discover later that they have nothing in

common.

DCW

Knuuttipukki
11-23-2004, 03:59 PM
"good things come to those

who wait", eh?

CptKipling
11-23-2004, 03:59 PM
I don't get it.

:think:

Was it the 33% thing?

I am half Italian and half mix. (mostly Irish) The girl I spoke of is half

Irish. So I figure we have 33% racial simularities. I think I just chosen my terms poorly. : )

I bet you are

just yanking my chain. :POKE:
Chimps are have a genetic makeup 98% the same as yours, for rats it's

somewhere in the 70-80% range. I know you were talking within the human species really though...

So yeah, I was

just kidding ;)

tim929
11-23-2004, 08:53 PM
As I have heard it said befor by

a very famous(and controversial) radio personality..."Men get the woman they can afford." Women tend to be attracted

to men who have thier act together and are able to provide.I once saw a program on discovery chanel(where would I be

without Discovery chanel?) regarding women and what they are realy attracted to.The short of it is that women tend

to be sexualy attracted to tall,dark handsom men who hint at danger and adventure.As for choosing a mate

however,women tend to be somewhat more conservative in the man they choose.Typicaly selecting a man who is stable

and inteligent enough to provide for her and the offspring.That would explain why the AMA indicates that about

twenty percent of the children born to married couples in U.S. hospitals was fathered by someone other than the

husband.And I have enough friends that have children in thier broods that failed the paternity test to think that

number is probably about right.As for what a woman realy wants...realy,it's anybodys guess.But alot of money and

great looks don't hurt your odds of getting a date.

PHP 87
11-23-2004, 09:38 PM
Good looks help, but one has to

create "passion"
Usually, "playing it safe" won't do the trick unless there is a powerful physical

attraction.

This is why "nice guys" strike out, while "bad boys" create that "passion" with their actions and

their attitudes.

Also, many "nice guys" are that way because of self-esteem issues
They are all too eager

to please and are usually "doormats"
Qualities, if you want to call them that, that are repulsive to most

women.

Holmes
11-23-2004, 10:21 PM
The girl I spoke of

is half Irish.

What's the other half?

chococat
11-23-2004, 10:41 PM
As a woman, I would say the

biggest turnon is intelligence and passion for whatever it is that you do in life (or passion in your hobbies.) I

think my attraction to these things can trump many disadvantages that a male could have... I guess this is due to

something innate that tells me you might be a good long term mate. ;)

Surreal
11-23-2004, 11:09 PM
This is one of those "how many

licks does it take to get the center of a Tootsie pop?", type questions. "the worlded may never know".

Some lick

10000 times get to the center and are happy and some are unhappy. Some lick 3 times get bored and bite right to the

center.

jokingly, I think we have a better chance of discovering cold fusion than finding a set criteria for a

womens mating patterns.

There are a plethora of stable reasons in any persons mate selection procedures. Pre

20000 years ago it was ever so simple. Just like what the rest of you guys said. Offsping, support, manlyness, ect.

In our time the various societies contribute extremly heavly to the mate selection procedure.

Of course I am

only 22 what do i know : )

-S

Surreal
11-23-2004, 11:10 PM
What's the other

half?
??? is cuteness a good answer ???

tim929
11-23-2004, 11:31 PM
Surreal...just because your

twenty two doesnt mean you have nothing to contribute.The only thing older folks have on youngsters is

wisdom.Inteligence falls of sharply after the age of eight in most men,but with wisdom...we can hide it realy well

by using big words.

Indigo
11-24-2004, 01:45 AM
Surreal...just

because your twenty two doesnt mean you have nothing to contribute.The only thing older folks have on youngsters is

wisdom.Inteligence falls of sharply after the age of eight in most men,but with wisdom...we can hide it realy well

by using big words.
:D :D :D Great way to put it !!!

Silver
11-24-2004, 03:40 AM
Lol, I've already given you guys

a fairly good idea of what I look for in a man. To summarize: intelligence, wit, passion, independence, THEIR OWN

LIFE, respects me and MY OWN LIFE, and of course, physical attractiveness. If you want the whole story, along with

the difference between protective and overprotective, etc., you can read it under "PCC update", I'm far too lazy to

type it up again.

That having been said, let me address some of the more specific points that have been brought

up in this post with respect to how I think they apply to women in general.

The biological imperative is key,

guys, but it's not only about physical attractiveness. In looking for a mate, women want healthy babies, but we

also want men that will stick around and help us raise said babies without driving us insane...the baby will be

doing more than it's fair share of that. Sanity is key to survival and reproduction, and I do think that our

biology cues us to seek it.

There is no shame in demanding physical attractiveness. Even if the guy is the

nicest, smartest, funniest person on the planet, if there is not even the slightest spark of physical chemistry,

then a romantic relationship is not possible. How would it be better in any way for a woman to have a romantic

relationship with this guy? What does she want from him that can't be gotten if they were simply the best of

friends.

That having been said, Chococat is right. You don't have to be a stud. In fact, you don't even have

to be what most people consider attractive. 90% of the female population can think you look like the mold growing

in the back of a frat guy's refrigerator, but as long as this specific female finds you slightly physically

attractive, you've definitely got a chance. You just have to make up for it in sheer AWESOMENESS.

Beyond this

necessary spark, each woman is different. You can think of looks and personality as rubies and sapphires. Some

women love rubies more, some love sapphires. Some don't care, as long as they have 50 carats total in the end.

But all women need at least a little bit of each (muahahaha shiiiiinny).

Hope this helps:)
~Silver

Surreal
11-24-2004, 03:50 AM
^^^ good post.....

A little

while back I would dress harsh, punkish, gothic, and just plain more rugged. I would attract a certian kind of girl.

When they got to know me they relised I was not who the person on my cover was. ("don't judge a book by its

cover") I displayed a rough gritty personality. But I am more sophistcated, intellectual, amibitous, and worldly.

Simply those girls just wanted a raw person. (most of them smoked, i dont) I am just not that. But when it comes to

attracting a girl of simular characteristics to myslef they have difficulties breaking past my cover and looking at

me for me. CEE, darn you!

Watcher
11-24-2004, 01:44 PM
Good post silver