PDA

View Full Version : Winking

Elvis
11-23-2004, 04:01 AM
I have a question for the

ladies. I'm a newbie and I don't know if it's been covered but I couldn't find anything.

Onyhoo, what does a

girl think when a guy winks at them? Is it creepy, or flattering or what? Does it depend on the person

winking/receiving wink...etc.

Opinions much valued, thanks.

chococat
11-23-2004, 01:18 PM
I like it. It strikes me as

confident and playful.

Newbie gal
11-23-2004, 08:42 PM
I have a

question for the ladies. I'm a newbie and I don't know if it's been covered but I couldn't find anything.

Onyhoo, what does a girl think when a guy winks at them? Is it creepy, or flattering or what? Does it depend on

the person winking/receiving wink...etc.

Opinions much valued, thanks.
It all depends who the guy is.

If it's the type I like, I'll blush and feel good. If it's not my type, I'll feel disgusted. :sad:

Surreal
11-23-2004, 11:15 PM
I don't like winking at girls.

It makes me feel like that old dirty man. ( i am 22) I never found an good time for it.

SweetBrenda
11-25-2004, 09:07 AM
I like when a

guy winks at me.. I find myself blushing when this happens specially if the guy is

atractive!.
I like to wink with a smile. I always get a nice smile back.

But of course I do not wink just at anyone.. And I do not like just anyone winking

at me...;)

Newbie gal
11-25-2004, 08:29 PM
I don't like

winking at girls. It makes me feel like that old dirty man. ( i am 22) I never found an good time for it.

Cute guys wink sexily. I love it. :kiss:

Surreal
11-25-2004, 08:33 PM
Cute guys wink

sexily. I love it. :kiss:

I am unsucessful, maybe because I have bolts in my neck.... (if you get the

allusion)

Newbie gal
11-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Take some practice, I

guess.

Elvis
11-26-2004, 07:05 AM
So, I guess the answer is

something like...'believe in what you're doing, and make sure you/they are the right person?'

j5fakt0r
11-26-2004, 10:08 AM
So what does a sexy wink look

like on a guy? is it a quick wink with a smile following, or before the wink?

chococat
11-26-2004, 10:36 AM
A smile during the whole thing.

I like winks from guys in the context of private type jokes. I mean if someone else does or says something that we

both interpret as slightly funny or silly and the guy gets this sly smile on his face and winks at me, I love it.

So in my experience, it's most effective to build rapport. As an overt comeon it's not as effective in my

opinion.

s500s420
11-27-2004, 01:21 PM
I like to wink and be winked

at. IMHO it sorta makes a person feel at ease, such as myself.;)

MOBLEYC57
11-27-2004, 03:02 PM
Winking is like any other

flirtacious move ... if they find you attractive, it's great! Buuuuuuut! If they don't find you attractive,

you're crazy, a stalker, a sicko, a as$hole, or all the above. It's like a woman telling her man when someone she

doesn't find attractive is hitting on her, but if she finds him attractive, she won't say one word. Go figure!

:run:

Newbie gal
11-27-2004, 08:55 PM
You got that right, Mobley.

culturalblonde
11-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Winks are as beautiful as

a smile. Winks are a good way to let someone know you are interested.

Newbie gal
11-27-2004, 09:51 PM
You need cute eyes for

effective winks.

Newbie gal
12-01-2004, 10:00 PM
Guys, how do you feel when

girls wink at you?

Gegogi
12-02-2004, 12:16 AM
It's cute if you like them. My

last girlfriend used to do it and it gave me a massive boner. She has such beautiful eyes. Too bad she was

married.

MOBLEYC57
12-02-2004, 12:58 PM
Guys, how do

you feel when girls wink at you?That runs its fingers through the hairs of my ego, and I purrrrrrrrrrr :wub:

if I find her attractive. :thumbsup: If I don't find her attractive, I put my hand on my knife, 'cause that's

normally a sign of interest, and I'm ready to fight her :twisted: off if I have to! :run: I think that's pretty

much the way everyone feels, yes? :blink:

kryptogram
12-02-2004, 03:41 PM
I tend to only wink @ women

when I'm joking about something or to clue them in that I'm joking -- However - I've gotten winks from women and

been flattered but kinda been

:blink: where'd did that come from?

Enticing
12-02-2004, 04:56 PM
I think the best wink is

attached to a simultaneous friendly smile ( a SMILE, not a toothy grin... that's a bit too much) ... not one of

those smarmy "hey you, me, broom closet, now" type digusting winks and head jerks and gestures, together.

*shudder*.

Does that help clarify?

Newbie gal
12-03-2004, 06:31 PM
I think there are approval

winks, encouragement winks, flirting winks and sexy winks.

Elvis
12-03-2004, 09:11 PM
not one of those

smarmy "hey you, me, broom closet, now" type digusting winks and head jerks and gestures, together.

*shudder*.
Just shows you the difference in people. I love those kind of winks. That's what winks were

invented for IMO. Honestly, if a girl (even in the normal to slightly above average category) does that to me...in

that style...I get hhhooottt!

Then again, I am a man.

chococat
12-04-2004, 11:43 AM
I think the

best wink is attached to a simultaneous friendly smile ( a SMILE, not a toothy grin... that's a bit too much) ...

not one of those smarmy "hey you, me, broom closet, now" type digusting winks and head jerks and gestures, together.

*shudder*.

Does that help clarify?

Perfect! I agree completely.

Here is what I suggest.

Winking can be used for flirting or winking can be used to create rapport.

It says, "I'm interested in you."

or "We share a secret."

I would do the "We share a secret." wink and let it be interpreted by the target

however he/she wants. Always remember the smile, and always do it in a casual, social situation.

Like I

mentioned before, when telling a joke or divulging information, it works well! Do it in a social situation where

it's not *just* you and your target.

chococat
12-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Guys, how do

you feel when girls wink at you?
I want more opinions on this, too! Is it ever a turn*off* when a female

winks at you?

Newbie gal
12-04-2004, 06:13 PM
I find girls' winks are

cute. But then, I am a girl.

Elvis
12-06-2004, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by

Newbie gal
Guys, how do you feel when girls wink at you?

I want more opinions on

this, too! Is it ever a turn*off* when a female winks at you?
I've never complained. Then again, I've

never had a real horror wink at me so, I'm not sure how I'll react 'till it happens. Uncomfortable, I imagine.

When a cute girl winks at me, I take it as a green light. It feels great!