PDA

View Full Version : Questions for the science wizards

CJ01
11-04-2001, 10:22 AM
I´ve had another look at the Calypsos-oil website.

Now my first question is what is Pheromone SB-74 exactly?

My second Q, a bit off topic,
what about 7-Keto DHEA?
Could a product containing this be a useful investment or are those products just another hoax?

I know Bruce mentioned about collaborating with them or buying some of their stuff but I don´t know hwat became of that.--?

Any insight would be appreciated.

CJ

**DONOTDELETE**
11-04-2001, 05:17 PM
The nearest I can tell, SB-74 is a marketing name for the special sauce in Calypso\'s oil. The search results for SB-74 only turn up web sites run by Skin Biology Inc.

See: http://www.skinbio.com/investor.htm (\"http://www.skinbio.com/investor.htm\")

Whitehall
11-05-2001, 01:53 PM
re 7-keto-DHEA

DHEA is a major precursor hormone to the major sex hormones. It is produced largely from the adeneral glands. Besides it role as a prohormone, it seems to have a number of specific functions in the body that are not yet clear. It may well be the prcursor to pheromones also.

If you\'re above 40 and in good health, then it might be a good anti-aging supplement - I take it as I\'m 50. Before you start, please research it carefully. Few people have problems with it but much is still unknown so there is some risk.

One delightful effect can be increased libido and lubricity in women. Another effect sometimes (rarely) seen is masculization in women - facial hair, deeping voice, enlarged clitoris - this is a sign of excessively high dose - supplementation should be drasticaly reduced or eliminated at first sign of this.

Some have proposed using 7-keto-DHEA as a way to get the general systemic advantages of DHEA without providing a pathway to the sex hormones - estrodial or testosterone. The 7-keto version does not change into sex hormones while regular DHEA definitely can and does. On the other hand, what is there left to do? Whether 7-keto-DHEA is a precursor to pheromones is something I don\'t know but I\'d doubt it given the link between sex hormones and pheromones and the non-link between 7-keto and sex hormones.

Again, research DHEA before you try it - it\'s your body and you\'re responsible.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2001, 08:53 PM
What about androsteninenone and androsterone. What exactly role do they play in the pheromone scene.

Whitehall
11-06-2001, 08:09 AM
Mr. Duck,

I presume you\'re asking about our pheromones (spelling does count.)

The answer is I don\'t know. One thing I don\'t know is whether pheromones are produced JUST from apocine glands or on a more general, systemic basis. I suspect the former is the dominant pathway but probably not the only way. I do suspect that DHEA is part of the metabolic pathway to \'mones but, again, I don\'t know. If so, then DHEA supplementation would increase pheromone production (somewhat and maybe not directly.)

Copulins are a different matter with way different chemistry. Are they just produced in vaginal secretions? Probably not since girls smell good all over but, again, I don\'t know.

I do know that there are common reports of apparently increased pheromone (non-copulin) production following DHEA supplementation.

oscar
11-06-2001, 08:36 PM
Whitehall,

I could be mistaken, but I believe Donaldduck MAY have been asking about Androstenedione, (and I\'m not too sure about MY spelling) a product of DHEA and precursor to Testosterone, which makes it a not too distant ancestor to our treasured Pheromones. As it is in disposing of this Testosterone that our Apocrine glands secrete the metabolytes that become the androgens that mix with the electrolytes and bacteria to become the Pheromones that we pay good money to buy synthetic versions of. And no wonder, considering how long and involved a process it seems to be! And when I said \"I could be mistaken\", that goes for the entire statement. images/icons/crazy.gif (There may have been an extra \"...lyte\" or two in there!)

Oscar images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-06-2001, 09:20 PM
Thats the one oscar thanks anyone wanna help us out with this discussion a delightful response would be appreciated anyone who can help us out, hey bruce do you know anything about this other phero androgen type additive.

jvkohl
11-06-2001, 09:28 PM
DHEA is unlikely to be a pheromone since its levels are very similar in males and in females. Thus, it fails as a signal either of
masculinity or femininity. We addressed this in \"The Scent of Eros,\" and I vaguely recall that Clive Jennings-White, the Erox/Realm chemist told me it had no effect on the VNO.

Metabolites of DHEA are produced in different ratios in men, women, and--according to several studies--in homosexual men. Accordingly, these metabolites are likely to function as human pheromones. Two studies that I have collaborated on--in this regard--have results that are inconclusive. Anecdotal evidence strongly favors these metabolites being human pheromones. You will read more about this as research progresses.

Meanwhile, I just published \"Human Pheromones: Linking Neuroendocrinology and Ethology\" in Neuroendocrinology Letters. This article is very technical, but the bottom line is that human pheromones are more important to the development of physical attraction than visual input.

You can download the full text of the article from the following URL:
www.nel.edu/22_5/NEL220501R01_Review.htm (\"http://www.nel.edu/22_5/NEL220501R01_Review.htm\")

James V. Kohl

Chemist
11-06-2001, 09:31 PM
S-74 doesn\'t appear in any scientific journals. 7-Keto DHEA appears in very very few (my research appears in more than articles) and studies have been done on toxicology and whether or not it improves memory in mice.

This is one of those heath food items that you will not find much in scientific journals, but if you visit a health food store, you will probably find a book and the web will reveal a great deal of info.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-06-2001, 09:49 PM
Hey james finally glad to see you found this little forum, well everyone we have the masters on board now so things are here and happening here the information is here and things are taking off, whats next we dont know more interesting products. Hey thanks james i intend buying your book to have a good read thanks again.

CJ01
11-07-2001, 05:51 AM
Thanks guys, BUT maybe I should have explained better or just posted the link, here it is:www.calypsos-oil.com (\"http://www.calypsos-oil.com\")

I wasn´t enquiring in reference to pheros really. This particular part of DHEA (7-keto DHEA)is being used in some of their products in a cosmetic way and is suppose to be good for the skin. Meaning it is applied externally.
I was just wondering if, scientifically, this is plausible and worth further investigation or if I should give it a miss.

SB-74 is contained in some of their products but I would not buy them for their pheros sake.

Anyway it´s a good and interesting site regarding fragrances too, check it out!

CJ images/icons/smile.gif

oscar
11-07-2001, 01:55 PM
DDuck,

I did a little web searching. According to one site I found selling Androstenedione (pretty inexpensively I might add), it is a genuine weight lifters type steroid. You know, pumps you up, puts hair on your chest if you\'re a woman, tits if you\'re a man. The same site also sold DHEA, whose listed uses range from skin care, to youth restorer, to spontaneous combustion and beyond.

One part will interest you particularly. They listed dozens of countries that they ship to, however they only listed ONE country that they ABSOLUTELY DO NOT ship to. Pop another shrimp on the bar-be while you guess which one, mate. G\'Day! images/icons/wink.gif

James,

You\'re likely to get a number of arguments from a great many knowledgable bartenders, computer programmers, salesmen, students, etc. about the Pheros being more important than visual input. So who do you think you are, \"Joe Pheromone\"? As I re-read your post I notice that you throw around a lot of big words and ......Hold On!...Does that say \"Kohl\"?? James V. Kohl???... Holy Shit! You ARE \"Joe Pheromone\"!! images/icons/shocked.gif

Welcome to the board! images/icons/laugh.gif

Oscar images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-07-2001, 02:24 PM
Mr Pheromone himself has been onboard by the looks of it for quite some time, have a look at his member number #50 that was when we moved into this space a little while ago.

So they dont ship to australia ha oh well guess i dont want tits anyway could be a funny look.

I prefer wok cooking to BBQs actually i love vegemite.

Anyway welcome abaord James your input should really put the rest of us into line, now all we need is Phil Stone himself from stone labs and we will have everyone on board and we can all learn.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-07-2001, 11:59 PM
Yeah check out my other link to the article on the role of bacteria on the skin and something to do with the immune system.

A question to consider, do externally applied synthetic pheromones increase our immune systems effectiveness on the skin level. I notice that i am a lot healthier since i started to use pheros, seeing as though phero signature gives off the health of the immune system to the opposite sex.

Just something to consider CJ i would investigate further. See what else you can come up with.

Whitehall
11-08-2001, 08:40 AM
Let\'s back off a bit on \"genuine weight lifters type steroid\" androstenedione. I do weights and have experimented with the legal precursor hormones.

Androstenedione is junk - little weight gain, little psychoactivity. It does aromatize into estrogens - its not a good choice for anything. Avoid.

Androstenediol is another matter! This stuff (the 4-AD variety) does give one muscle gains and a bit of the hairy ape psychological boost. There are two products that I can recommend:
Andro Sport Creme at http://www.medlean.com (\"http://www.medlean.com\")
AndroSol Spray at http://www.biotestedge.com (\"http://www.biotestedge.com\")

Both products need to be cycled - maybe 4 weeks on, two weeks off - or your nuts will shrink and your hair will fall out - that\'s a bit of an exageration but be forewarned - this is serious stuff.

Neither is recommended for young guys, say under 30 or, better, 40, unless you\'re seriously emaciated - you know, the provbial 97 poound weakling.

There is some field evidence that 4-AD serves as an aphrodisiac in men and women. For women, DO NOT use with any regularity as it can stimulate mustache growth and enlarged clitoris, etc. On an acute basis, it makes women rather bitchy and irritable so that they don\'t know whether to murder you or love you to death. Something of a Black Widow Spider act!

As usual, do NOT try any of this stuff until you\'ve done more research! You need to responsibly know what you\'re getting into, why you would use it and what are the downsides. Slipping 4-AD to an underage, unsuspecting, or uninformed female is strictly verboten and probably illegal.

Neither seems to have any effect on self-produced pheromone production.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-10-2001, 01:57 AM
So i will leave that one alone ha just the proven pheromone compounds which the mainstream scientific community still says arent really there maybe we should let the conspiracy theroy types and UFO community take up pheromones in large numbers and then they will be able to get everyone to take notice of them, seeing as those high phero producers are listened to more than anyone else, just one of the side effects of the human power structure which probably leads to a lot of the problems encountered in day to day life as well. Poverty war etc, so we have a dilemma which may or may not ever be solved. What about genetic engineering our greatest strength is also our greatest weakness leading to the me me syndrome as a matter of survival instinct does anyone else wish to contradcit me or add to this point im putting up.

Women control selection we phero users control the women and vise versa. Men are mostly slaves to sex, well the highly emotional ones who dont think about how they are thinking (anti NLP movement here) and things go around and around and around they go. At least we have a major clue and point to move on from here.

Just me being philsopical again please disregard the above as to much information. Only for those who control the world government have contact with UFOs etc. he he not. But some will belive so. Maybe