PDA

View Full Version : Amouage VS Pheros

phinmone
11-11-2004, 10:15 AM
somebody said

amouage rounds the pheromone signature, but so does pheros. both have many natural ingredients. which one is better?

is amouage more of a perfume while pheros might be more of natural pheromone product? any input?

Friendly1
11-11-2004, 10:35 AM
somebody said

amouage rounds the pheromone signature, but so does pheros. both have many natural ingredients. which one is better?

is amouage more of a perfume while pheros might be more of natural pheromone product? any input?
Amouage

is a cologne. I have read here that it is laced with Civet pheromones. Civets are related to mongooses but are

also called cats. I'm not sure of whether that really matters.

A couple of weekends ago, I wore Amouage Dia to

an event and as I was leaving a friend of mine came up to me and asked what I was wearing, "because that is a

kick-ass now and take names cologne!"

Of course, I was also wearing The Edge and maybe some APC.

bjf
11-11-2004, 10:40 AM
somebody said amouage

rounds the pheromone signature, but so does pheros. both have many natural ingredients. which one is better? is

amouage more of a perfume while pheros might be more of natural pheromone product? any

input?

Best thing to do is go through all the old threads, because it isn't that simple.

phinmone
11-11-2004, 10:51 AM
well actually i have been

reading some amouage threads and i found it very interesting. but it is very very expensive. i have also been

reading many pheros threads.

DCW
11-11-2004, 10:58 AM
I've gotten more action using

Amouage than anything else so I give it my thumbs up.

DCW

BassMan
11-11-2004, 11:27 AM
Last one I dated said Pheros was

her fav of everything I wear. The one I'm dating now goes nuts for Amouage Gold. They are both very good, and

equally expensive, at roughly $4/ml. At least Pheros is still on sale...

-Bass

DrSmellThis
11-11-2004, 11:40 AM
I appreciate your

curiosity. I am an advocate for both products, as is well known. They are apples and oranges. The two scents

are similar in complexity, though, and do have some common ingredients.

Pheros has more natural

pheromones than Amouage, and is more designed to blend with your body chemistry, and to enhance the use of

pheromones. I believe there is nothing that Amouage has in the way of natural pheromones that Pheros

doesn't have more of. You can also use Pheros for body hygiene, whereas you'd not want to wear

Amouage in your pits, etc. For how much you use Pheros, Pheros is significantly cheaper than

Amouage (a few dabs versus three sprays, for example), maybe a fraction of the cost. Pheros also has

small amounts of numerous synthetic pheromones, unlike Amouage. Pheros is a limited edition product,

and once it's gone, it's gone.

Amouage is one of the greatest perfumes in the world, however, extremely

sophisticated; and I'd never pretend that Pheros is equal as an achievement in perfuming. Pheros is a

more modest perfume. Then again, Pheros is not just a perfume.

Um, I recommend both. ;)

phinmone
11-11-2004, 12:52 PM
i just bough a few other

products @ LS and i am keening for pheros now. have been actually for awhile already, but i have to save some $$$,

but it will propably be the next one in my collection. the only thing is, if it worked for me (as it could with more

100 than ingredients), i would be missing it when it's gone...

@DST: i just got edge sandalwood and i

remember you told to smell that first and then to decide to wether to buy pheros or not. sandalwood smells kinda...

hmm musky? in my colognes that i have i normally prefer a light fresh scent. but it's not bad though.

i'm

not an expert on this, but somebody said pheros + chikara blended quite ok. so i was thinking that as i sprayed

chikara and then cerruti 1881 amber (my fave) on it, it blended quite nicely. and now i had an idea of maybe

spraying pheros (by the time i have it) for arm pits and my cerruti (in case you know how it smells like) on my

chest or something. could this work, without clash of the scents?

DrSmellThis
11-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Pheros is not light and

fresh, and is more musky. So don't get it if that's what you want. Chikara is light and fresh without being

citrusy, but mainly commercial citrus colognes fit that bill. However, you could put something light and fresh over

Pheros if you keep it light.

MOBLEYC57
11-11-2004, 06:48 PM
I've gotten more

action using Amouage than anything else so I give it my thumbs up.

DCWWhich Amouage do you own, DCW?

:blink:

DCW
11-11-2004, 07:08 PM
Which Amouage do you

own, DCW? :blink:

I have the full bottle of Gold, Silver and the tester of Dia, and Ciel.

:thumbsup:

DCW

bjf
11-11-2004, 07:09 PM
DCW, was it you who had a tester

which you believed was gold instead of dia?

MOBLEYC57
11-11-2004, 07:12 PM
DCW, was it you who

had a tester which you believed was gold instead of dia?

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd, which is your favorite?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

DCW
11-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd,

which is your favorite? Thanks! :thumbsup:

Mmmm tough to say but I would probably go with Dia,

you'll definately get noticed, you might try a couple dabs of AE if u have it.

DCW

real_wiseman
11-12-2004, 03:27 AM
I have both Pheros and

Amouage (both Gold and Dia). (Actually for some reason I got loads of sample vials from Wendy of Amouage in the UK

for some time, after I helped her with a spyware / virus problem. I even got a Merry Christmas card one year. Go

figure) and I must say that I like Pheros more.

Actually the Amouage Gold smells horrible IMHO, the Dia is

far better but very alike the female version of Amouage Dia (I got the female versiona all as samples as well).

Pheros is way better.

I beleive that the high price for Amouage a little lies in the name, some more in the

expensive bottles they come - or used to come? - in. Goldplated if I remember correctly.

AFAIU Amouage also

uses only natural stuff (among others Musk, Civet, Ambergis and Jasmin), which can be expensive.

But DST's

Pheros holds up good to Amouage IMHO

DST: A question to you:
You don't have any photosensitizers in

Pheros do you? I sometimes use a tanning bed at my gym and those days I haven't "dared" to wear Phero in case this

would be the case.

// w

DrSmellThis
11-12-2004, 08:56 AM
RE: photosensitivity:

Pheros has like 150 ingredients and some of them are photosensitizing in isolation. But in the context

of a perfume you shouldn't have anything to worry about as far as normal use. All bets are off with tanning beds,

however. They can be unhealthy in the most ideal circumstances. It's like asking if it's safe to have a cigarrette

before shooting yourself! ;) I have no idea. It seems like one would apply a cologne after tanning.

DCW
11-12-2004, 09:15 AM
DCW, was it you who had a

tester which you believed was gold instead of dia?

Yeah the son of a gun sold it to me saying it was

Silver, I now know that it was Gold. I don't think he did it on purpose though he had a bunch of tester and the

gold bottle wasn't labled so no biggie, I have since bought Silver and got a compliment from a stranger at work a

few weeks back.

The full Dia bottle is going to be my next purchase in the next few weeks.

DCW

DCW
11-12-2004, 09:33 AM
One thing I would like to mention is

that I'm kinda leaning in the direction of thinking that you should lay off the cologne for a couple of days then

apply it.

It seems to have a better effect which lends to the build up theory.

DCW

DrSmellThis
11-12-2004, 11:43 AM
i'm not an

expert on this, but somebody said pheros + chikara blended quite ok. so i was thinking that as i sprayed chikara and

then cerruti 1881 amber (my fave) on it, it blended quite nicely. and now i had an idea of maybe spraying pheros (by

the time i have it) for arm pits and my cerruti (in case you know how it smells like) on my chest or something.

could this work, without clash of the scents?A true amber scent would blend with Pheros just fine,

since Pheros has a strong amber note itself, though I'm not familiar with the one you are talking about.

This is interesting that it is your favorite, since ambers are really not in the "light and fresh" category.