PDA

View Full Version : Estradiol... Again

Icehawk
11-06-2004, 09:04 AM
So was doing some

research on stuff and came across this...

Neural oxytocinergic systems as genomic

targets for hormones and as modulators of hormone-dependent behaviors

ABSTRACT

At the molecular level,

estradiol turns on the gene for oxytocin in a subset of paraventricular hypothalamic neurons and

turns on the gene for the oxytocin receptor in other limbic and hypothalamic cell groups. As a result,

oxytocin deposition, whose signal is transduced both through G alpha (q/11) and Gi to stimulate

phosphatidylinositol turnover, facilitates electrical activity in certain hypothalamic neurons. Consequently,

affiliative behaviors including those closely associated with reproduction--mating behaviors and

parental behaviors--are promoted. One important aspect of this effect is the preservation of instinctive

behaviors associated with reproduction, in the face of disturbances due to mild stress.

So any thoughts on this? Seems like it would be an effective addition to those new

multi-phero mixes out there. Also did a search on Realm for Women but everybody is vauge on the issue. Anybody have

anything CONCRETE on this?

bjf
11-06-2004, 09:25 AM
Estradiol isn't a pheromone, though,

right?

Icehawk
11-06-2004, 09:28 AM
Ive heard otherwise, I'm pretty

sure in fact. Also supposedly RfW is the only product so far out there that has it but thats about as far as what I

know...

bjf
11-06-2004, 09:36 AM
I think estradiol is estrogen. You

are thinking of estratetraenol, I think, which is a pheromone.

DAdams91982
11-06-2004, 10:02 AM
I think estradiol

is estrogen. You are thinking of estradienol, I think, which is a pheromone.
Estradiol is a synthetic

estrogen... Sythetic test bases convert into this... or it is introduced as is by say birthcontrol.

Adams

Icehawk
11-06-2004, 10:27 AM
http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread

.php?t=8245&highlight=estradiol (http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8245&highlight=estradiol)

So here is my other question... Does Realm for men have estradiol or is

it Realm for Women??? Or neither?? BTW, I found estradiol by randomly stepping onto another phero site which had it

on a poll of interesting pheros, so draw your own conclusions...

einstein
11-06-2004, 07:44 PM
Estradiol is a synthetic

estrogen
Not synthetic, its made by the human body. The strongest estrogen.

Here is an excellent

article on estrogen from LEF

magazine.
http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag

2004/oct2004_report_estrogen_01.htm (http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2004/oct2004_report_estrogen_01.htm)

DAdams91982
11-06-2004, 09:35 PM
Your right... in women it is

created in the ovaries... In males... it has to be converted from Synthetic testosterone.

Adams

Watcher
11-07-2004, 03:04 AM
oh yes realm the one that works

but the details of whats inside still is waiting. I think its overpriced and doesnt work to well. Much better

detailed componets in LS products and they actually do what they say they do in the whole.

jvkohl
11-07-2004, 08:38 PM
Estradiol and other less potent

estrogens are responsible for increased olfactory acuity and specificity to male pheromones and also the reason that

musky scents are preferred by women who are ovulating. Estradiol levels rise for approx 72 hours prior to ovulation

and prompt a surge in luteinizing hormone (LH); and testosterone; and increased levels of oxytocin. The LH,

testosterone, oxytocin combo helps to ensure that a woman who responds to male pheromones with a sexual encounter

will enjoy her encounter, since oxytocin plays a key role in orgasm. Basically what you have is increased

suceptibility to male pheromones (which probably also help to prompt to ovulatory LH and testosterone surge) and the

LH/testosterone response to male pheromones is more likely to lead to a great orgasm for her and whoever happens to

be the lucky guy; the one with the best timing and best pheromone signature. That's why it's important to note

that androstenol increases LH and improves mood in women--simply put it helps set the stage for a sexual encounter,

which is why it's now incorporated into many pheromone-enhanced

products.

JVK