PDA

View Full Version : musk oil and edge

Lee
11-02-2001, 01:25 PM
I know TE is alcohol based and musk oil is obviously oil-based.

Would it be a conflict of chemicals to mix the musk oil diectly in the edge bottle? Would that damage the effectiveness?

If that\'s a good idea, how many drops of that free musk oil should I drop in without off-setting the balance of the universe. I\'m really concerned over the Edge smell.

I accidentally sprayed TE in my bathroom sink and one of my female friends used that same bathroom and said that my sink smelled like piss. I can\'t imagine wearing this stuff if it does so I\'m trying my best to cover the smell.

Bruce
11-02-2001, 02:51 PM
Hi,
Lot of things to consider.
A. You need to use a fragrance to blend/mask the phero smell. You can apply the oil separately from the Edge, or try mixing small test batches in a third container.
B. women are sometimes repulsed by androstenone (the piss smelling ingredient) when they are not ovulating.
C. Don\'t use too much at one time.

Good Luck,
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
11-02-2001, 02:57 PM
Lee,

You can mix it. I do it at a rate of: 1/2 bottle of the oil to a bottle of the SandalWood Edge. And then mix the hell out of it. Or rather shake the shit out of it. The blend has a nice musky scent. As far as unscented I have used: a 50/50 ration of TE with cologne and then 10 drops of the Musk oil.

Anyway experiment a bit, and let us know how you like it.
TCO

**DONOTDELETE**
11-02-2001, 05:07 PM
I hear ya on the smell thing. I added a couple of dropper\'s of the musk oil into the TE bottle. I also added a at least three droppers full (over-poured by accident) of Hugo Boss. Suprisingly it helped a great deal, it smelled pretty good. I\'ll let you know how it works out. I am going to try that plus dabbing some APC tonight...we\'ll see.
PC

**DONOTDELETE**
11-02-2001, 08:01 PM
What TE is made of Alchol ..... u shouldn\'t have told me that!!! What happens when I run out of beer and only have TE!?! You know once I drank some .... I accidentaly spilt at least 4 days worth in my pocket so I said what the hell Im pretty drunk anyways ill taste it... it really doesnt taste like alchol or anything really. Just useless information provided by your phero user alchol addict.

Whitehall
11-05-2001, 08:14 AM
\"Musk Oil\" is not necessarily oil!

I posted here recently that there is very little real musk oil available on the world\'s market. Just about everything called \"musk oil\" is a synthetic or, less likely, from some odd-ball animal that\'s not the real thing.

Given that \"musk oil\" is synthetic, it can quite probably be offered in an alcohol base. Also, the various brand names are complete marketing constructs so \"Egyptian\" musk oil means little unless one says \"Stone Research Egyptian Musk Oil\" (or what ever.)

This is not to say that synthetic musk oil will never have the psychoactive properties of the real deal, just that some specific commercial offerings might and others probably will be duds. The only way to know is by specific test and referral.

So....

If you have good/bad experience with a brand, give us the details with a specific reference. Hate to complain, but this is what\'s useful.

As always, I appreciate the effort all of you go to to share. Thanks.

Thanks

Lee
11-05-2001, 10:55 PM
The musk oil referred to in this context is the Intimate Research Androstenol Laced Musk Oil if you want to be more specific. I don\'t know if it\'s true oil like you talk about.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-07-2001, 10:13 AM
Hi,

I recently tried mixing the SP e-oils with Perfect 10 which is alcohol based and I got a milky emulsion as a result.

Alcohol and oil do not mix. (Duhh...my new discovery images/icons/tongue.gif )

But I still could spray them on with the atomiser except that I don\'t know how effective it is. You\'d have to shake it up well before you spray it on though.

The question is, how potent would the stuff be since the contents aren\'t really blended into each other?
~JacQueLine~ images/icons/crazy.gif

Whitehall
11-07-2001, 10:50 AM
Assuming you get a good mixture and that it comes our evenly, it should work.

After all, LIQUID never affects the other person - the active ingredients have to evaporate into the air to travel into their nose. The alcohol-based ingredient may get bound in the oil so that it\'s release rate is slower but that\'s only a guess.

To get better mixing, you may want to try adding a drop of surfactant, i.e. detergent or soap but that\'s only an experimental recommendation.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-07-2001, 10:55 AM
I never had a problem with mixing the two....I mean yes if you do not mix or shake vigorously it kinds binds up in the bottle. But the longer and harder you mix or shake the smeller the oil globs get and then mix into the alcohol.....Also just a note..all your colognes and perfumes are oil based...they are just suspended in an alcohol carrier.

TCO

**DONOTDELETE**
11-07-2001, 12:13 PM
So thats it, so obviously the realise of the alcohol stuff say andro 8.4? and something like AE or PI or another oil based product would work well.

Just got to be careful and take notice of what and how we are mixing the stuff.

The edge and musk oil work well for me when applied seperatley as well. That is keeping each one on its own and just applying as two seperate products at the same time.