PDA

View Full Version : Please dont forget to vote tomorrow!!

DrSmellThis
11-01-2004, 10:35 PM
Let's all make a statement that we care about the issues of this election by voting!

No sane politician could fail to get this message, and take it to heart,

if we all just vote. They will know they can't just go through the motions and count on the people to stay silent,

at least. That is worth a lot. We are all on the same team in this respect.

Voting

is the base condition for a successful democracy, and by simply filling in the numbers you are implementing positive

change in the world. The whole process of democracy requires a certain momentum to work well, and

voting is the easiest and most important way to get the snowball of democracy rolling. We can help our

country reach a critical mass of democracy now; and reap the benefits of a stronger, better country forever! The

point of critical mass might just be your vote!

Every vote

counts twice in "psychology of democracy" terms -- over and above how it counts to help elect your preferred

candidate! First, it counts in adding to the number that voted and second, in subtracting from the number who

didn't show they cared! (These are separate phenomena mentally, and democracy lives in the minds of women and

men.)

Voting is a way we can help those brave souls who have given their

lives on 9/11 and after, to have accomplished a greater good, together with us, in creating a permanently

stronger democracy! Our time of historic opportunity is now!

It will also be a

fun event, and we'll feel great about ourselves for the next four years knowing we took part.

Today is the most important holiday this year, IMO. Let's get in the spirit, fellow scented

Americans! :thumbsup:

belgareth
11-01-2004, 10:45 PM
Yes, I'll second that. Please,

everybody, VOTE! Your vote does count and every vote matters.

The only thing I'll disagree with the good Doc

about is the term Sane Politician. Always thought that was about as valid as honest politician. Both are oxymorons.

:)

DrSmellThis
11-01-2004, 10:55 PM
Oh well, I had to qualify the

statement somehow! ;) It's hard to reach crazy or crackhead politicians anyway -- except we can always vote them

out and send a message to those with half an ear to hear!

DrSmellThis
11-02-2004, 02:40 AM
Do not let anybody steal your right to vote!!!

If anybody challenges your right to vote

you can by law still get a provisional ballot, and/or talk to a voting attorney at your polling place. You can also

in many cases sign an affidavit about any information that you may be missing. Forgetting your ID should not

disqualify you, for example.

You have a right to a demonstation of voting equipment if you do not understand how

it works.

SweetBrenda
11-02-2004, 06:55 AM
My Vote is in!

=):hammer:

DrSmellThis
11-02-2004, 08:39 AM
You rock. :)

Pancho1188
11-02-2004, 11:11 AM
Most important

holiday...*sarcastic laugh*...my company makes us log PTO hours for whatever time we miss from voting...I feel bad

for those who waited an hour or so to vote (of course, you can vote before or after work, too).

That said, maybe

everyone should get a day off to vote. That'd be cool. If you have proof of voting, you can go home! :) (that

wouldn't work, but just let it be funny)

Mtnjim
11-02-2004, 11:33 AM
Have voted in every election since

1969, that includes TODAY!!
:wave: :cheers:

Pancho1188
11-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Mtnjim, what's your 'winning

percentage'? (may be equivalent to the number of times a Dem/Rep has won, but you may not be straight-party)

HK45Mark23
11-02-2004, 12:39 PM
You know

I went and voted. My vote is in. Go good guys! I thought it was funny how some of the candidates in my aria were

on hand at the poling center and asked for my vote. They would shake my hand, open the door and say, “Hey vote for

me remember I opened the door for you.” I had a list of the people I was voting for. How comical it was that I was

not voting for them.:thumbsup:

HK45Mark23

SweetBrenda
11-02-2004, 12:39 PM
Have voted in

every election since 1969, that includes TODAY!!
:wave: :cheers:Right on!!

Good citizen.
:cheers:

SweetBrenda
11-02-2004, 12:46 PM
You know I went and voted. My vote is in. Go good guys! I thought it was funny how

some of the candidates in my aria were on hand at the poling center and asked for my vote. They would shake my hand,

open the door and say, “Hey vote for me remember I opened the door for you.” I had a list of the people I was voting

for. How comical it was that I was not voting for them.:thumbsup:

HK45Mark23LOL.....
Was there a

red carpet too?
:trout:

Mtnjim
11-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Mtnjim, what's

your 'winning percentage'? (may be equivalent to the number of times a Dem/Rep has won, but you may not be

straight-party)

To tell the truth, not very good. Example, I voted against Nixon when he was

re-elected! :hammer:

I never vote "party", but for who I think is the "best". :POKE: A bit of trivia, in

the last election, the Libertatian candidate won our precinct.
:wave:

HK45Mark23
11-02-2004, 01:09 PM
No

red carpet. They did in fact give me a Brach’s Cinnamon Hard Candy. So no red carpet but red candy that is hot. I

wonder if they wanted people to associate the heat of the candy to the status of the candidate. I thought the candy

was much hotter. :lovestruc To bad there were no hot female candidates there. :wub:

HK45Mark23

Mtnjim
11-02-2004, 01:24 PM
This is an interesting

article:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=518&ncid=732&e=10&u=/ap/20041102/ap_on_re_eu/eln_wo

rld_on_edge

SweetBrenda
11-02-2004, 01:50 PM
No red carpet. They did in fact give me a Brach’s Cinnamon Hard Candy.

So no red carpet but red candy that is hot. I wonder if they wanted people to associate the heat of the candy to the

status of the candidate. I thought the candy was much hotter. :lovestruc To bad there were no hot female candidates

there. :wub:

HK45Mark23Hey

at list you got something sweet & hot out of that! hahaha ,,, I didn't get no candy

=(

Everyone here at my job are wearing their voting stickers walking around all proud

because they voted.. Is like such a inspiring voting environment never seen this before in any of my others jobs..

A couple of my co-workers even got into it because one is going for Bush and the other for

Karry ( soooo rediculous ) is like vote for who you want to vote and mind your own business. Why even argue about?

not because of whatever the opponet says is going to make you change your mind of who you are voting for,,, is it??

you already know who you want for President.
Just a waste of time.

Pancho1188
11-02-2004, 02:52 PM
It's funny. Everyone's all

about voting here, but not one person has even mentioned who they voted for or who should be President. I actually

like it that way.

I'm glad I voted in PA because DC is just lop-sided Democrat.

Speaking of which, I think

we should just abolish voting outside of DC. After all, we're the ones who have to live and work a few thousand

feet from the man every day! ;) ;)

:LOL:

DrSmellThis
11-02-2004, 03:16 PM
This is an

interesting

article:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=518&ncid=732&e=10&u=/ap/20041102/ap_on_re_eu/eln_world_o

n_edge (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=518&ncid=732&e=10&u=/ap/20041102/ap_on_re_eu/eln_wor

ld_on_edge)
Yep. It underscores the folly and illusions that underlie isolationism and unilateralism.