PDA

View Full Version : birth control

antonio
10-26-2004, 07:29 AM
Hey i dont really know

much at all about birth control pills, except that my girl takes them. I usually wear a condom or if i dont i pull

out just to be safe cuz i dont think she even knows how good it works... But last night we were doin it and i had a

condom on and i busted in the condom while it was still in her.. and when i pulled out i saw the head of my dick had

ripped through the condom and i must have jizzed all in her... So im kinda scared, does the birth control pills work

well? last thing i want is a kid!

BassMan
10-26-2004, 08:13 AM
Hey i dont really

know much at all about birth control pills, except that my girl takes them. I usually wear a condom or if i dont i

pull out just to be safe cuz i dont think she even knows how good it works... But last night we were doin it and i

had a condom on and i busted in the condom while it was still in her.. and when i pulled out i saw the head of my

dick had ripped through the condom and i must have jizzed all in her... So im kinda scared, does the birth control

pills work well? last thing i want is a kid!If she takes them exactly as prescribed, they work quite well.

If she's sloppy and misses days, they don't work nearly as well.

-Bass

Pancho1188
10-26-2004, 08:34 AM
99.whatever% effective if

taken correctly (= every day at the same time of day). You'll be fine in the event of an "accident" like that if

she takes them. Good call with the "double protection" standard. Don't sweat it.

Now, if she wasn't on the

pill, I'd be telling you to start thinking of cute names for the baby just in case. ;)

Daemon45
10-26-2004, 10:35 AM
Definitely. The only thing I

can suggest is that you not listen to religious people that denounce birth control when they're talking about it's

effectiveness. My old religion teacher (I went to a Catholic highschool) was actually saying about how condoms

aren't really that effective (I believe the percentage he gave was in the high eighties). I said "Chad, man, if the

condom companies lied about the effectiveness, every man and woman in America could sue them for fraud. They'd sink

faster than the Titanic. That, and the FDA would also have tested them to make sure that nobody lied."

He

shut up and moved on after that.

DAdams91982
10-28-2004, 11:28 PM
Definitely.

The only thing I can suggest is that you not listen to religious people that denounce birth control when they're

talking about it's effectiveness. My old religion teacher (I went to a Catholic highschool) was actually saying

about how condoms aren't really that effective (I believe the percentage he gave was in the high eighties). I said

"Chad, man, if the condom companies lied about the effectiveness, every man and woman in America could sue them for

fraud. They'd sink faster than the Titanic. That, and the FDA would also have tested them to make sure that

nobody lied."

He shut up and moved on after that.
And he was for the most part right. With all other

factors taken into account... how they were stored, rate of breakage, and rate of slippage. These factors go into

them kind of studies... therefore leaving that 10 - 12%.

Not even condoms are 100%... but how he was going

about this was true responsibility.

Adams

Pancho1188
10-29-2004, 05:38 AM
True...condoms are at about

87%. I'm not comfortable with that rate, but I am when combining 87% and 99.1% (I think it's 1, it might be 91 or

something), I'm pretty comfortable. I have about as much chance as winning the lottery, and since I'm pretty sure

I won't win, I don't play. In this situation, however, since I know I won't win, I play as much as I can... ;)

;)

99.1% and 87% -> about 99.9% effective...which means I could have sex 1,000 times and maybe then get someone

pregnant. That means if I had sex once a day, it would take almost two years (on average) to up to three for

'double-protection' to even think of failing once. Even then, if one failed, the other would compensate. It's

unlikely that they'd both have an off day...

Even then...I didn't even factor in spermicide, which I always

use. Spermicide adds another layer of protection...probably bringing the percentage to 99.99% or more, which means

you could have sex every day for a quarter of a century and be safe statistically.

I'd say if you can break all

of those barriers, you were meant to have that child like Mary and Joseph.