PDA

View Full Version : How to know what you smell like

bjf
10-24-2004, 05:37 PM
It can be

really hard to tell what you smell like, especially after your nose gets used to what you are wearing.

So

here's something that may work: Close yourself in a car, turn on the fans or AC, point them vents toward yourself,

and sniff away.

The fact that you are in a small enclosure helps things.

MOBLEYC57
10-24-2004, 05:46 PM
It can be really hard

to tell what you smell like, especially after your nose gets used to what you are wearing.

So here's something

that may work: Close yourself in a car, turn on the fans or AC, point them vents toward yourself, and sniff away.

The fact that you are in a small enclosure helps things.Will coffee beans work? :blink:

bjf
10-24-2004, 05:49 PM
If you put them in the coffee maker,

they will.

MOBLEYC57
10-24-2004, 06:31 PM
When I went to Pasadena, and

entered the store to sample colognes, they had coffee beans in little containers on the counter. I asked what they

were for, and was told that after sniffing many colonges, the nose becomes numb to smell. The coffee beans was

suppose to give new life to your nose to continue sampling colognes = Mobley translation, but it suppose to let you

start off fresh. :run:

bjf
10-24-2004, 06:42 PM
Yea, I figured that was what you

meant. This is the first time I've heard of that, thanks for the info, it is definitely something worth trying.

MOBLEYC57
10-24-2004, 06:51 PM
Yea, I figured that

was what you meant. This is the first time I've heard of that, thanks for the info, it is definitely something

worth trying.Don't feel bad, it was the first time I've heard of such a critter, too! :blink: I thought

the coffee beans were there for decoration. :sad:

Watcher
10-25-2004, 12:48 AM
Sniff under youre arms

Pancho1188
10-25-2004, 04:46 AM
I always blew out through my

nose really hard and then held my nose for a while. It's not as effective because you're not replacing it with a

contrasting scent, but it works a little because you're not picking up the scent for a while.

camusflage
10-25-2004, 01:47 PM
It can be really

hard to tell what you smell like, especially after your nose gets used to what you are wearing.
One

method that I've found to work is to take a shower, and then go back and smell the clothing that was closest to you

before the shower. In my case, that's my undershirt.

bjf
10-25-2004, 02:14 PM
But then you wash off all of the

pheromones. Dohhhh! Sorry, I never mentioned that in this thread. I meant what your mones and cologne mix smell

like on you!!

Watcher
10-25-2004, 06:10 PM
Here is an extention of my

previous posts - have a shower - then do 30 minutes of weights or some exercise - then have a whiff under youe

armpits - youre smell is composed of thousands of compuonds though - remember just a few have been put into

pheromones but you can get the general idea.