PDA

View Full Version : Pheromone Theory

bjf
10-21-2004, 11:45 AM
I've been testing a lot

of friendy and/or trusting pheromones. I notice that when my mixes are largely dominated by them, I don't get the

eye contact that I do with more masculine-oriented mixes.

Thinking about it, I arrived at this conclusion:

Men and women are more likely to have their attention grabbed by pheromones that signal power, as a defense

mechanism.

People have to realize potential threats. So power pheromones grab our attention. Nicer

pheromones seem to work differently, and I would think this is because our conciousness isn't alerted of their

presence quite as quickly.

MOBLEYC57
10-21-2004, 12:00 PM
I, Sir, the non-Mad Scientist,

agree ... especially with strangers. :type:

bjf
10-21-2004, 12:08 PM
Definitely with strangers....and

you're a mad-scientist in denial

DrSmellThis
10-21-2004, 01:05 PM
Makes sense.

CptKipling
10-21-2004, 03:29 PM
I agree aswell. I like what you

say about being aware of threats aswell, but perhaps the threat isn't always to the individual. Perhaps they also

signal someone who will challenge the "status quo" of the situation and make an impact.

MOBLEYC57
10-21-2004, 06:48 PM
I agree

aswell. I like what you say about being aware of threats aswell, but perhaps the threat isn't always to the

individual. Perhaps they also signal someone who will challenge the "status quo" of the situation and make an

impact.I would say threat and a strong captivating presence ... 'cause I've seen the frightened looks, and

I've seen the "what in world!" (there's a real man in the area - Mobley's translation:twisted: ) interested

looks.