PDA

View Full Version : Talk about the run around...lol..MR-1 replies

**DONOTDELETE**
11-01-2001, 01:14 PM
<
> Hey all;

I saw a posted topic on here about a product called MR-1. I went to the web page and looked all the hype BS advertising. So then I inquired about the actual content of Ando in the product, broken down to milligrams. Well here is my answer.

{Hi,

MR-1 contains 10,000 ppm of Pure 5-alpha-androst-16-En-3-One,
the actual human pheromone that directly stimulates the recently
discovered V1RL1 gene receptor in humans.
Complete instructions with each bottle. LABORATORY GUARANTEED PURETY.
75% repeat customers.}

Well so you can see they list it as 10,000 PPM (now that is Parts Per Million). So what are we assume? is this 10,000 PPM in a 1 ounce or half ounce item? Or 10,000 PPM solution added to other stuff to make up their product? Anyway 10,000 PPM is really a small amount. Maybe someone can do the math....but is is really quit a small number.

TCO

**DONOTDELETE**
11-01-2001, 02:19 PM
10,000 ppm is the same as 1 percent.

The math is 10,000 / 1,000,000 = .01, one hundreth, or one percent.

Assuming you\'ve got pheros with a density like water, one percent of 1 gram(or 1 ml) would be 10 milligrams -- or 10 mg/ml.

So... I\'d say this is about the same level as say, the edge or Attraction.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-01-2001, 02:23 PM
Oh yeah, phero\'s don\'t stimulate genes, so that\'s pure BS.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-01-2001, 03:03 PM
Exactly some of these sites really work in our benefit thought because they discredit pheros in general so those of us here actually get the good stuff that works and other people try them and then get dissatisfied with them and give up so thats less guys running around and less competition from others right.
So we should encourage them to get on with their bullsh*t tactics.
Agree or disagree

oscar
11-01-2001, 03:39 PM
TCO and Scientist ,

Check my math on this, but a 10,000ppm solution (if this refers to the end product) would be 10x STRONGER than P10 which has 1mg/ml of pheros. That\'s .1% , or 1000ppm.

So either a. this is the strongest stuff out there, b. this is the concentration of the additive used as a component of their product, or c. these numbers are bogus!

This would actually make the product nearly a HUNDRED times stronger than Attraction which has .11mg/ml of pheros, or .011% ,or 110ppm !!

This sounds too good to be true. Or maybe NOT too good. Who would want to wear something 10x stronger than P10! images/icons/shocked.gif

I just ain\'t buyin\' it! The data, that is!

Oscar images/icons/crazy.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-01-2001, 04:40 PM
Exactly what are they using to test these stats and or are they using some weird cheap type of additive. ??

**DONOTDELETE**
11-01-2001, 04:44 PM
Dear ..all ya

I was used MR. 1 for a while but still not get any DIHL...LOL but I still like it ...!!!

JACKY images/icons/smile.gif

Have a good day images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-01-2001, 06:00 PM
You\'re right, Oscar. Those darn decimals again (I use a spreadsheet that has the phero concentrations x1000 so they\'re workable numbers.)

Yeah, it\'d be 10X P10. Given the price of the compounds that Chemist had mentioned before, there\'s no way the numbers are real, unless it\'s something really cheap. (Heck, vinegar is a component of copulins, in theory, so I supposed it\'s possible that they\'re cheap!)

Off to fix my calculator (again!)

Scientist images/icons/crazy.gif

jose
11-01-2001, 09:01 PM
Sorry guys but the proof is in buying the product yourself and trying it out. I have the MR-1 4X-concentration, the pheromones(Maybe that\'s why it\'s 98 percent pure 5 Alpha-Androst-16-En-3-one) smells stronger than AE and it is manufactured by stone independent research. If you put too much you get a buzz from the strong smell, and I have had a few hits with the product. So your mathematics don\'t mean nothing unless you field test it. If I was unhappy with the product and thought it was BS I wouldn\'t have purchased it twice. images/icons/smile.gif
http://home.earthlink.net/~joselg (\"http://home.earthlink.net/~joselg\")

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: jose ]

jose
11-02-2001, 09:08 AM
Just a note, I have been using MR-1 4x concentration alone or with combinations of other products. I would love to tell you the stories of the hits I\'ve had, but since it not a love-sent product I kept it to myself. So don\'t knock it till you try it images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-02-2001, 03:00 PM
Guys - you all kill me. Did you not see the 0.01% concentration claim on the site? Does the bottle look familiar? This is just a weaker version of Stone\'s PPA (0.015%) - I wrote Stone myself and asked what the deal was months ago, and they flat-out told me this was a private-labeled blend of PPA. Same thing with the 4X - it\'s AFA I think - you can write Stone and aske them.
The guy running the MR-1 site probably got confused with the PPM unit calculation.

Best part is this: You can get 0.015% pheros in Stone\'s PPA from THIS SITE for under $25, whereas the MR-1 version contains only 0.01% for $34.95. images/icons/wink.gif

oscar
11-02-2001, 03:15 PM
jose,

Point well taken! You\'re right, the proof is in the pudding. The site is real interesting. The fact that Stone is formulating the stuff is a definite plus.

I do have a problem with their numbers though. They claim the MR-1 2X and MR-1 4X have concentrations of .01 and .02 respectively. Not .01% and .02% .

This means that in the MR-1 4X product which comes in a 2 dram (7.5ml) bottle,you\'d be getting 150 milligrams of the 98% pure A-None that costs $6000. per gram.

It seems quite generous of them to sell you 900 bucks worth of pheromone for a mere $49.95. The 2x product is twice as much product at half the concentration so that\'s a better deal at $34.95 for 150 milligrams ($900 worth) of A-None.

On top of this they claim the 2X to be twice as strong as APC! WOW! I think regular SWEAT is at least twice as strong as APC! Another reason to take the data with a grain of salt.

Guessing they have a decimal point problem. No way Stone Labs is selling these guys something 10 times stronger than P10 that they can then sell cheaper!

I\'m not saying there\'s ANYTHING wrong with the product, but at the very least their math, if not their entire marketing strategy, stinks! If they are going to present \"hard\" numbers, they should be accurate.

Oscar images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
11-02-2001, 07:51 PM
Wilde,

Now THAT I agree with - it looks to me just like sloppiness; when I questioned Stone Labs about it months ago they DID confirm that it was 0.010% - NOT 0.010 grams, etc.

The V1RL1 Gene isn\'t supposed to be \"stimulated\" either - but it IS the gene linked with Vomeronasal activation; if the V1RL1 gene codes for the VNO to be \"turned on\", then you can receive pheromone signals - and therefore be \"stimulated\" by them; but the idiots on that site got the scheme all mixed up! In reality, the gene encodes a protein that shares amino acid similarity with the mouse and rat pheromone receptors, so they figure it is probably evidence that a VNO exists. Check out this link for more info http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/09/000911070425.htm (\"http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/09/000911070425.htm\") images/icons/wink.gif

jose
11-02-2001, 09:14 PM
Ok Oscar, I\'ll give you that their advertising is misleading since I wouldn\'t know a 00.1% from a 1:1 proportion. You still can\'t explain the hits that I have been getting. images/icons/shocked.gif I\'ll only recommend the MR-1 4x concentration since I have had some good results with it. If this stuff irritates my nose, imagine the \"Concentration kit\" Bruce will be selling which is supposed to be pure and not diluted with alcohol or oil images/icons/smile.gif