SweetBrenda
10-20-2004, 10:40 PM
Right on for the

Red Sox!!! :thumbsup:

Whatta a Comeback! they totally played one hell of a great

game!:thumbsup:

PS

Sooo Sorry the

NY fans :( but is definately nice to see another team besides the Yankees trying out for the World

Series!!!:)

I can only imagine the excitement up

in Boston right now!!

:cheers:

I still recall when The Arizona Diamond Backs won the World

Series agaisnt the Yankees too!!!

that was "awesome"

Best of

Luck Boston!!!

You Can Do it!

einstein
10-21-2004, 12:38 AM
I still

recall when The Arizona Diamond Backs won the World Series agaisnt the Yankees

too!!!

that was "awesome"

And now your Diamond Backs are the only

team worse than the KC Royals:lol: :run:

SweetBrenda
10-21-2004, 06:29 AM
Well, hey! at list

we have the satisfaction to know how does it feel to win the World Series. :thumbsup:

Holmes
10-21-2004, 06:50 AM
Helluva game.

DCW
10-21-2004, 07:02 AM
Go Astros!!!

Bruce
10-21-2004, 07:29 AM
I watched the last two games. Great

games. Pedro almost blew the last one. After watching my beloved Cubbies fall apart last year, I could almost see

the Boston dream unravel there for a moment, but they pulled themselves together. Now, who will they be playing for

the World Series???

B

DrSmellThis
10-21-2004, 10:02 AM
Free Pete Rose!

MOBLEYC57
10-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Tis a sad day in the northern

burrows (?) ... I heard the Statue of Liberty got drunk, stripped butt-naked, jumped in the river, and cut her hair.

Tis sad! Tis sad! :run:

Pancho1188
10-21-2004, 11:51 AM
Come on, Brenda...I know

you're not sorry for the Yankees fans... ;)

SweetBrenda
10-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Come on,

Brenda...I know you're not sorry for the Yankees fans... ;):blink: Damnit Pancho, you know me to

darn well!!!:rasp:

bjf
10-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Poooooor Boston. The city with the

biggest bunch of a-holes on earth. How many have the Patriots won in a row now?

DCW
10-21-2004, 01:57 PM
Free Pete

Rose!

Did someone say

Pete Rose (http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c

=Article&cid=1098222610767) .

DCW

canivaro
10-21-2004, 02:15 PM
I think there was some

significance in Terry Francona allowing Pedro to pitch an inning on game 7 at Yankee Stadium. Perhaps he wanted to

let Pedro pitch one last time at Yankee Stadium wearing the Red.

Pancho1188
10-21-2004, 02:29 PM
Poooooor Boston.

The city with the biggest bunch of a-holes on earth. How many have the Patriots won in a row now?
I never

thought of it that way. I went to Boston once. It's not a very friendly city. I had a friend who lived there.

He had nothing nice to say about the place. I'm not sure if I could live there.

Ironically, it's the

foundation of all that is America. Does that say something about the US? After all, it took those kinds of people

to rebel against another nation... :confused:

My thought about victory celebrations:

What is it about

your city's team winning a big sports competition that makes people want to burn toilet paper in the streets?

"Yes, we won! Let's destroy stuff!"

I don't see the connection...

Holmes
10-21-2004, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure if

I could live there.

I couldn't live there again.

bjf
10-21-2004, 02:50 PM
I've been there quite a bit. I'm

not the only NYer who feels that way. I see Holmes knows what I am talking about.

As for the celebrations,

this morning I was very pleased to hear nobody died. When Boston won, I thought, ah-oh.

Unfortunately, the

reports just came out later. A 21 year old female college student was found bleeding from the head on the ground at

fenway, and died. She was hit with a rubber bullet.

I've had the opportunity to riot quite a few times in

my lifetime, and always avoided it because you could be just watching it all and get caught in the wrong

situation.

It is very sad.

Holmes
10-21-2004, 03:11 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041021/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/red_sox_fans

Sports games are

always a wonderful reason to die.

SweetBrenda
10-21-2004, 09:49 PM
I would hate to

start up any $hit with anyone at any game!!:nono: just my luck I could end up getting seriously hurt or killed by

saying the wrong comment at the wrong time... :eek:

That is why I watch the games at home

(safe). Relaxing at home having some friends over. Pizza & Beer goes well while watching a good game.:drunk: ( if

I'm the mood for it which is rare )...

:blink: In regards to those who take it to the other

extreme I really don't get it either, why do people act so stupid and take their anger/frustation or joy into

distruction just because their team won or lost.
This is Pure

Nonesense.:confused:
:cheers:

Pancho1188
10-22-2004, 05:39 AM
It's all part of the

psychology of the mob.

Diffusion of responsibility and the other thing I can never remember the name of but

escalates emotions due to everyone feeding off of each other and doing what they normally wouldn't.

SweetBrenda
10-22-2004, 06:17 AM
It's all

part of the psychology of the mob.

Diffusion of responsibility and the other thing I can never remember the name

of but escalates emotions due to everyone feeding off of each other and doing what they normally

wouldn't.Si, Senor!:hammer:
:kiss:

bjf
10-22-2004, 06:26 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2004/news/story?id=1906735

SweetBrenda
10-22-2004, 06:31 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/pl

ayoffs2004/news/story?id=1906735 (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2004/news/story?id=1906735)Whoa!!!!.............

Holmes
10-22-2004, 07:29 AM
Emerson College? Shit.

Pancho1188
10-22-2004, 08:31 AM
It's nice to know that the

police take responsibility for the incident, but I hope that nobody gets fired and they don't change their methods

too much. I think this was just a freak accident. I am not aware of this exact situation per se, but in most

circumstances had the police not taken these steps, more lives probably would have been lost from rioting.

Attending Penn State at the time, I could have gone down to Beaver Ave. and rioted with all of those insane fans

after the Sweet 16 incident, but what did I do instead? I stayed away. Dozens of people got pepper-sprayed

during that incident, but think of what would've happened had they celebrated somewhere else instead of rioting in

the street.

Although the police may have been the immediate cause of this, I blame the mob. I hope the family

is able to see it that way. It's a very sad situation.

SwingerMD
10-22-2004, 10:01 AM
There is a reason why

paintballers wear goggles and masks when they play. I remember seeing the devices that police used during WTO here

in Seattle. They looked like slightly modified Tippman 98s that I have used when I go paintballing. I don't

remember exact numbers, but I do remember hearing that the projectiles are traveling at a much greater speed (I

think 300-400 fps) than what is allowed on most paintball fields.

TRock
10-22-2004, 10:11 AM
It's nice to

know that the police take responsibility for the incident, but I hope that nobody gets fired and they don't change

their methods too much. I think this was just a freak accident. I am not aware of this exact situation per se, but

in most circumstances had the police not taken these steps, more lives probably would have been lost from rioting.

Attending Penn State at the time, I could have gone down to Beaver Ave. and rioted with all of those insane fans

after the Sweet 16 incident, but what did I do instead? I stayed away. Dozens of people got pepper-sprayed

during that incident, but think of what would've happened had they celebrated somewhere else instead of rioting in

the street.

Although the police may have been the immediate cause of this, I blame the mob. I hope the family is

able to see it that way. It's a very sad situation.

i have been in riots before, i never partcipated

but i have watched the action. usually the police are the aggressors. they start treating ordinary citizens as if

they're cattle. if you're being treated like that by a cop who's over aggrressive because he has "authority",

you're gonna start acting retarded too. there is no reason to shoot blindly into a group of bystanders.

Pancho1188
10-22-2004, 10:43 AM
It's funny that you mention

treating people like cattle. Yes, they are. They're trying to get people to disperse. That's the whole point of

riot prevention. Keeping people moving toward another destination. It's when you get a bunch of people in the

middle of a large open area standing around and goofing off---gradually getting rowdier---that a riot breaks out.

Obviously, you shouldn't shoot that stuff into a crowd of bystanders, and if that's the case then someone screwed

up. However, if people start going nuts, you tell them to move along and they don't, then they have the authority

to bust out the pepper spray on your stupid self.

Like I said, it happened at Penn State and everyone was

complaining. The cops told them to move, they didn't, someone did something stupid, and the cops busted out the

pepper spray. Everyone was like, "Why'd the cops have to do that?" Well, if you would've moved like they said,

you wouldn't have been there anymore to get hit with the spray, would you?

Of course, the difference is that

this was very far away from the stadium after the game and involved people willingly gathering in Beaver Canyon. If

this happened at the stadium and people were still trying to leave, then that was wrong. If, however, there was a

big group that had the chance to disperse and didn't, then they should've listened to the police in my opinion.

That said, it's a horrible shame that this happened because now it makes justifiable force look bad. The

intention of the pepper spray is to put down a riot without permanently injurying anyone, which is better than the

alternative of riots with hundreds injured and a half-dozen killed.

Holmes
10-27-2004, 08:45 PM
YEAH! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

bjf
10-27-2004, 08:52 PM
yech!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrSmellThis
10-28-2004, 02:22 AM
The Yankees make a great

villian, and it was good to see Boston redeem themselves with a dominant roll. Next year it will probably be

somebody else.