PDA

View Full Version : Untitled

MOBLEYC57
10-20-2004, 12:00 PM
In my class yesterday, in the

a.m., my instructor ask a question that I think deals with body language, but she didn't know the answer.

Supposingly when you ask someone a question ... if they look to the left they're using their memory, if they look

to the right they're making up stuff/speaking with forked tongue. That's not the right answer, but the format is

that. Does anyone know about this, or what I should look under to find the real answer?

Much obliged to ya!

:thumbsup:

Pancho1188
10-20-2004, 01:07 PM
Yes, there's something about

the brain's function that tells you what they're thinking by where they look. If you actually move your eyes in

this way while trying to recall something, you'll remember better:

Up-Left - Recalling visual fact (may also

shut eyes really hard as if straining to see)
Up-Right - Creating visual hypothetical situations (why they say a

person's lying)
Left - Recalling auditory fact
Right - Imagining auditory hypotheticals
Down-Left - Auditory

digital (can't remember what that means, but that's what it is)
Down-Right - Kinesthetic (Feeling)

MOBLEYC57
10-20-2004, 01:19 PM
Yes, there's

something about the brain's function that tells you what they're thinking by where they look. If you actually move

your eyes in this way while trying to recall something, you'll remember better:

Up-Left - Recalling visual fact

(may also shut eyes really hard as if straining to see)
Up-Right - Creating visual hypothetical situations (why

they say a person's lying)
Left - Recalling auditory fact
Right - Imagining auditory hypotheticals
Down-Left -

Auditory digital (can't remember what that means, but that's what it is)
Down-Right - Kinesthetic

(Feeling)
Thanks Pancho! :thumbsup: Is this called something? Something that I can look up to get more

info ... trying to get some extra credit ... need all the help I can get. :rant:

Pancho1188
10-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Uhhh...I'm sure it is...when

do you need it by? It's all written neatly in Tony Robbins' book Unlimited Power. I'm sure you could find

it in other psychology sources, but that's the most recent (recent meaning the last document I've read it in, not

the latest research) I've seen it in. I could have it for you tomorrow (if I remember to check).

The way your

eyes tell you about your thoughts is based on the fact that your left brain is associated with logic, fact, order,

structure, and memory, while your right brain is more along the lines of creativity, abstract thought, and artistic

ability.

The reason why this means truth vs. lie is that when you access your memory/logic/fact part of the

brain, you are trying to access something real that actually happened. If you look at your creative/abstract side,

you are imagining what could have happened and creating another situation. Therefore, if someone was asking you a

question regarding the death of someone and you were the defendant, you would be trying to remember what actually

happened if you looked up and to the left and would be trying to make something up if you looked up and to the

right. Hence, truth vs. lie.

MOBLEYC57
10-20-2004, 02:08 PM
Uhhh...I'm

sure it is...when do you need it by? It's all written neatly in Tony Robbins' book Unlimited Power. I'm

sure you could find it in other psychology sources, but that's the most recent (recent meaning the last document

I've read it in, not the latest research) I've seen it in. I could have it for you tomorrow (if I remember to

check).

The way your eyes tell you about your thoughts is based on the fact that your left brain is associated

with logic, fact, order, structure, and memory, while your right brain is more along the lines of creativity,

abstract thought, and artistic ability.

The reason why this means truth vs. lie is that when you access your

memory/logic/fact part of the brain, you are trying to access something real that actually happened. If you look at

your creative/abstract side, you are imagining what could have happened and creating another situation. Therefore,

if someone was asking you a question regarding the death of someone and you were the defendant, you would be trying

to remember what actually happened if you looked up and to the left and would be trying to make something up if you

looked up and to the right. Hence, truth vs. lie.
So, if they're looking to their left is truth, to the

right is lie, yes?

Thanks, Pancho!:thumbsup:

Pancho1188
10-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Yes, just remember the

confusing part: their left is your right and their right is your left.

If I just confused the hell out of

you...

Lie<--- :) --->Truth

Notice that they would be looking right to lie, but you would see

them looking to the left.

Holmes
10-20-2004, 03:24 PM
Read Instant Rapport by

Michael Brooks.