PDA

View Full Version : Sleepless Nights...

SweetBrenda
10-19-2004, 10:51 PM
I'm afraid I'm back to those long sleepless nights once again...

This time I got some pills but honestly as bad as I need them I hate taking them.

It comforts me in a weird way to know I have them, but as you can see I rather be awake writting

none sense than to take them.

I'm not stressing out nor unhappy I guess feeling a

little down still, lonely is actually how I'm feeling these days. I'm doing fine during the day because I'm busy

but for some reason as soon as my kid goes to bed and my home gets quiet something happens to me and even though my

mind is clear I still can't get sleepy.

I've tried to listen to soft music and even

read a book and taken warm baths etc,etc.

I also got some pretty good advices from

some of you (thank-you) so this time I'm not here whinning...( I guess a little, maybe *grin*)

The reason I'm here right now is because is late to call anyone and I'm wide awake and bored...

And I know I'm not the only lonely soul around here at this time so I might just give someone a little company

along with something to read at the sametime...*grin*

Listening/singing

along with Al Green- *Lets Stay Together/ Ain't no SunShine When She's Gone..
I'm in a

romantic mood tonight and sleepless! God!!

I think what I would like at this

moment is a nice warm body right next to me...

Without saying a word, but just holding

me so close to him that I could feel him breathing down my neck, his hands & fingers caressing my back so slow and

very gentle ,,a few nice soft kisses (no tongue not right now anyway) until I fall asleep in his arms.. Yeah, I miss

that so much...

I guess you don't miss moments like those until you don't have them

anymore...

handtohandking
10-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Hi there

Brenda.:wave:

I'm in the SAME boat as you at this moment. For the past month I haven't been able to go to

sleep and have watched the sun rise on more than a few occasions. :sad: My life hasn't been the best recently, and

I just pass the time late at night just messing around until the next day so I can try to get things started again.

Hasn't been too successful so far...

Enough about me...

How have you been? I haven't posted in months

because of lack of time and energy, but now I have all the time in the world...

SweetBrenda
10-19-2004, 11:52 PM
Hello

Handtohandking,

My problem with lack of sleep comes and goes. Is back and I truly hate

it. As you can see I'm still around and is going on Midnight and I need to be up around 4:00am to go to work. I

know I'm going to feel like a zombie and no energy so I need to take one of those darn sleeping pills

(ugh)...

You asked me how I been? well lets see... Not much really, besides work and

spending time with my kid. I;m excited about ordering some new Pheromones. Can't wait until I get them, than I'll

be able to contribute to the Forum with my adventures like someone of the guys in here.. I get so jealous to read

some pretty good hit stories but jealous in a good way..

So how do you like the mones

btw?....
I hope life gets better for you guy.
Talk to you

soon
Brenda
ps
going to take my pill...

yuck!

Pancho1188
10-20-2004, 05:57 AM
I'm surprised you had to

write this...you should've just read some of my posts...that would've put you to sleep! ;)

Seriously,

though...you don't need a pill to fix your problems...but that's just my opinion. I've been lonely and depressed

through much of my life, but it has never affected my appetite or my sleeping patterns. I recommend

exercise, eating right, drinking lots of water, and taking time to relax or do something you enjoy every night. You

need the will to realize that there are no inherently good or bad things in life; it's all how you perceive them.

Losing sleep means you're missing something in life. A pill will solve the sleeping problem at the moment but

won't solve the problem that's causing the sleeping problem. You need to take that underlying problem and derive

a solution. You don't need to fix the problem, you just need to put it in perspective and know you're taking

steps toward a goal to satisfy your mind enough to get some sleep...

They should really put doctors and

psychologists together in one practice. They could call it "Mind and Body". "Well, Pancho, we've noticed that

you're losing sleep because of stress. We could either give you this pill or find the causes of your stress and

find productive ways to relieve them." "Well, Pancho, you're sick. Time for some medicine." "Well, Pancho,

there's no physical reason that your arm has lost its ability to function. Maybe you have some repressed childhood

issues that have caused this disability. Let's take a deeper look. Tell me about your childhood..."

PR

belgareth
10-20-2004, 06:53 AM
Brenda,

I was in your

position once, about 16 years ago. A single parent, working full time then tied down in the evenings because it

would be unfair to the kid to drag her around at night. TV is boring, evening child care is expensive and who wants

to hang out at your home while the kid's asleep? You get lonely and depressed. To talk to somebody would be nice

but there is only so much you can say on the phone and too few people to call. By the time you need to be in bed,

you're tired but not sleepy, feeling down and frustrated. You go to bed, toss and turn and fret about what a lousy

situation you are in. Does this all sound familiar?

What will work for you is probably different than what

worked for me but I'll share some of the things I did.

1. Exercise: After putting my daughter to bed and

getting my basic housekeeping stuff done I'd spend a while doing my stretches, some aerobics, a few push ups and so

on. It helped to burn off energy, improved my attitude and helped me think more clearly.

2. Study:The Internet

and personal computers didn't really exist then so I enrolled in a home study course. Whenever possible I took my

daughter to the library and we both got to expand our reading. It was a wonderful experience to read things like

Alice in Wonderland to my daughter.

3. Get involved in a hobby: Because of my interests and situation I

couldn't get out much but discovered local politics. While I was trapped at home I could still call people about

issues, write letters, work on various campaigns, etc. After a couple of months I found my evenings were very full

of worthwhile political doings and I felt like I was accomplishing things. Along the way I made many new friends

that kept my phone lines tied up for hours at a time. As a side benefit, one of my new friends introduced me to a

fellow who felt my skills were just perfect for the job opening he had and I ended up getting a much better job

along the way.

4. Get outside whenever possible: On nice evenings I would take whatever I was doing out to the

front porch and do it there. People would pass by and many would stop to chat. Met some great people that way,

including several ladies I ended up dating later. It was great because they were single parents too and could relate

to my situation.

It's tough being a single parent, as only another one can really understand. But don't let it

get you down. Instead, take advantage of what is around you to better yourself.

Good luck.

DrSmellThis
10-20-2004, 11:56 AM
Keep the faith, Brenda.

Eventually your sleep will get better if you keep working at it. I've had those problems myself. Aloneness can be

hard to come to terms with, but it's worth trying. All single people spend most nights alone, and it's possible to

accept it and make the best of it. A lot of it is expectations. Tomorrow's a new day, and it's just aound the

corner.

MOBLEYC57
10-20-2004, 12:37 PM
I'm afraid I'm back to those long sleepless nights once again...

This time I got some pills but honestly as bad as I need them I hate taking them.

It comforts me in a weird way to know I have them, but as you can see I rather be awake writting

none sense than to take them.

I'm not stressing out nor unhappy I guess feeling a

little down still, lonely is actually how I'm feeling these days. I'm doing fine during the day because I'm busy

but for some reason as soon as my kid goes to bed and my home gets quiet something happens to me and even though my

mind is clear I still can't get sleepy.

I've tried to listen to soft music and even

read a book and taken warm baths etc,etc.

I also got some pretty good advices from

some of you (thank-you) so this time I'm not here whinning...( I guess a little, maybe *grin*)

The reason I'm here right now is because is late to call anyone and I'm wide awake and bored...

And I know I'm not the only lonely soul around here at this time so I might just give someone a little company

along with something to read at the sametime...*grin*

Listening/singing

along with Al Green- *Lets Stay Together/ Ain't no SunShine When She's Gone..
I'm in a

romantic mood tonight and sleepless! God!!

I think what I would like at this

moment is a nice warm body right next to me...

Without saying a word, but just holding

me so close to him that I could feel him breathing down my neck, his hands & fingers caressing my back so slow and

very gentle ,,a few nice soft kisses (no tongue not right now anyway) until I fall asleep in his arms.. Yeah, I miss

that so much...

I guess you don't miss moments like those until you don't have them

anymore...Sure you're not stressing out or down. I was that way during my last break up, and have

worn out three body pillows ... no, it doesn't hold you, you have to hold it, but it's the best investment I've

made. Annnd the breakup was the best thing that could have happened. She's off enjoying her life the way she wants

to live it, I quit smoking, and put on more musclar weight because I can go to the gym without worrying what she's

up to. Get you a body pillow until it's time ... and only YOU'll know when that is. I always say, "there will come

a time when enough is enough," you'll figure it all out when it's time and enough becomes enough.

It's

amazing when the truth comes to haunt you isn't it?

"I guess you don't miss moments like those

until you don't have them anymore..."

Just don't make the mistake of thinking that a

substitute will do, cause it won't. Dig a little deeper, and I'm sure you'll find it's HIM that you're missing,

not a him.

Hang in there ... each passing second is a second closer to the

solution. :kiss: and that's after I brushed my teeth, and it's full of sugar fer ya suga!:whip:

DrSmellThis
10-20-2004, 12:59 PM
:thumbsup: That's rich,

Mobes.

MOBLEYC57
10-20-2004, 01:27 PM
:thumbsup:

That's rich, Mobes.
Thanks, Doc!