PDA

View Full Version : BassMix #2

BassMan
10-19-2004, 06:21 AM
Alrighty then.

I

haven't formally posted a mix in over a year. This one seems to have as much promise as BassMix #1. Simplicity

itself.

1 part Chikara
1 part NPA/m
1 part Sandalwood EO
7 parts ethanol

Apply one spray from an A4.2 /

Attraction bottle (about 0.2 ml, or 4 drops) to a wrist, rub your wrists together.

Use inexpensive Sandalwood EO

(I'm using NOW brand - $40/oz) - don't waste the $5/ml stuff on this. I wouldn't recommend Sandalwood fragrance

oil, tho.

Adjust to taste. You'll smell everything in this mix - the Sandalwood, the Chikara, the NPA.

This mix is a bit more teasing/flirty than BassMix #1, which was pretty straightforward sex.

Happy

hunting!
-Bass

DrSmellThis
10-19-2004, 10:52 AM
Thanks, BM!

BassMan
10-19-2004, 11:14 AM
Thanks,

BM!You're welcome.

Hey, I keep reading about Sandalwood oil being in short supply - we've over farmed

the trees? Is anyone having a problem getting the stuff? I don't see much change here.

Or is it mostly going to

affect quality?

-Bass

bjf
10-19-2004, 11:23 AM
Bass, there is plenty of australian

stuff i think. It is more the stuff in India. Your cool, but obviously the price is higher as a result.

MOBLEYC57
10-19-2004, 11:29 AM
This mix is a bit

more teasing/flirty
As in being teased or flirted with, or as in being a tease and flirty? Can I get amo

for a visual, Bass? Undeveloped minds would like to know.

Thanks, Bass! :thumbsup:

InternationalPlayboy
10-19-2004, 11:58 AM
You're welcome.

Hey, I keep reading about Sandalwood oil being in short supply - we've

over farmed the trees? Is anyone having a problem getting the stuff? I don't see much change here.

Or is it

mostly going to affect quality?

-Bass

I haven't tried buying the EO for several years now.

Having almost depleted my supply though, I'll soon be looking.

I think over harvesting is the main problem

behind sandalwood's availability and expense. One of my aromatherapy books says that sandalwood grows wild in

Hawaii but the plant was almost eradicated from the islands from over harvesting (and IIRC, think the workers were

abused), so the few trees left in the jungles there are heavily guarded secrets.

BassMan
10-19-2004, 12:01 PM
As in being

teased or flirted with, or as in being a tease and flirty? Can I get amo for a visual, Bass? Undeveloped minds would

like to know.

Thanks, Bass! :thumbsup:It's been an entertaining week - last Saturday, my ex was over

until 1:30 am drinking wine and cooking Indonesian food; I tried to get her to sleep it off in the guest room, but

she staggered home because my current was scheduled to show up at 2 after she finished playing a show.

That

visual enough for ya? Like I said, teasing and flirty...

-Bass

bjf
10-19-2004, 12:14 PM
I find that volume is more important

than the ratio with npa and chikara, and two dabs of npa and three sprays of chikara work best.

I was

wondering how much 1 spray from an Andro bottle would yield in terms of sprays of chikara and dabs of

npa.

Also, you said you can smell everything, including the NPA in that mix. Why not add more sandalwood to

cover the piss stink? Is it too strong, or are you trying to conserve?

BassMan
10-19-2004, 12:15 PM
I

haven't tried buying the EO for several years now. Having almost depleted my supply though, I'll soon be

looking.

I think over harvesting is the main problem behind sandalwood's availability and expense. One of my

aromatherapy books says that sandalwood grows wild in Hawaii but the plant was almost eradicated from the islands

from over harvesting (and IIRC, think the workers were abused), so the few trees left in the jungles there are

heavily guarded secrets.
How long does it take to replenish the supply? Do the trees have to be a certain

age before harvesting? Is it like the aloewood trees where they have to be infected with a fungus or something?

-Bass

BassMan
10-19-2004, 12:17 PM
I find that volume is

more important than the ratio with npa and chikara, and two dabs of npa and three sprays of chikara work best.

I

was wondering how much 1 spray from an Andro bottle would yield in terms of sprays of chikara and dabs of

npa.I made it up purposely so that one spray yielded 1/2 drop of each.

I can't convert to dabs,

because dabs of NPA can go from tiny to way over a drop depending on how you hold your finger over that dropper

top.

I was going to do a measurement of the number of dabs in a bottle of NPA, but they varied so much from one

to another with the dropper on that I pretty much gave up.

-Bass

Darkman84
10-19-2004, 12:18 PM
How long does

it take to replenish the supply? Do the trees have to be a certain age before harvesting? Is it like the aloewood

trees where they have to be infected with a fungus or something?

-Bass
I can answer that. Just did an

internet search for sandalwood oil because I'm interested in getting it to extend the fragrance of Chikara. Seems

the tree must be over 30 years old before it is ready for the production of the oil.

BassMan
10-19-2004, 12:22 PM
I can answer

that. Just did an internet search for sandalwood oil because I'm interested in getting it to extend the fragrance

of Chikara. Seems the tree must be over 30 years old before it is ready for the production of the oil.Thanks

for that. So I hope people are replanting the trees?

I love sandalwood oil. I've been rubbing it on me since I

started meditating, probably 28 years ago.

Darkman84
10-19-2004, 12:25 PM
No problem.

-I hope so as

well. I just got Chikara and I've had the gel packs. Love the scent, but it doesn't last long. Hope the oil will

still be availible at a decent price.

Darkman84
10-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Thanks for

that. So I hope people are replanting the trees?

I love sandalwood oil. I've been rubbing it on me since I

started meditating, probably 28 years ago.BassMan- question for ya...since it seems you are an expert on

actually using sandalwood, "wood" you suggest I get scented sandalwood or unscented? Also, would it be better to add

it to Chikara, or apply Chikara first, then sandalwood on top?

BassMan
10-19-2004, 12:54 PM
BassMan- question

for ya...since it seems you are an expert on actually using sandalwood, wood you suggest I get scented sandalwood or

unscented? Also, would it be better to add it to Chikara, or apply Chikara first, then sandalwood on

top?I'm lost. Did you mean scented Edge or unscented Edge?

-Bass

Darkman84
10-19-2004, 12:59 PM
Lol. No, I mean the sandalwood

oil. After some research, I found that you can get some that is for the most part unscented. Would you recommend

that, or sandalwood oil with the scent?

bjf
10-19-2004, 01:05 PM
do you mean diluted?

Darkman84
10-19-2004, 01:12 PM
I found that, too, but I'm

talking about the fragrance. You can get some sandalwood essential oil with virtually no scent. Should I get that to

mix with Chikara or go with the regular fragranced version of the oil?

bjf
10-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Sandalwood essential oil does

have a scent. The fragrance oil is a synthetic replica of it.

I think most people on the forum would

recommend the essential oil, although it is more expensive.

Darkman84
10-19-2004, 01:20 PM
Ok, thanks.

BassMan
10-19-2004, 01:25 PM
I found that,

too, but I'm talking about the fragrance. You can get some sandalwood essential oil with virtually no scent. Should

I get that to mix with Chikara or go with the regular fragranced version of the oil?Interesting. I guess

I'm less of an expert than you think. I've never heard of an unscented sandalwood EO. So obviously, I think you

should use the scented stuff :o .

Did your research reveal what the unscented stuff was good for?

-Bass

BassMan
10-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Also, you said you can

smell everything, including the NPA in that mix. Why not add more sandalwood to cover the piss stink? Is it too

strong, or are you trying to conserve?Sorry, missed this part.

I don't perceive NPA as piss stink.

Powerful male stink, yes. I'm not alone here in the forum in noticing that the sexual tension increases when the

phero odor bleeds through somewhat. IMHO, you don't want to cover the smell completely. Rather, you want to blend

with the pheros, to make something overtly sexual. And that depends on individual skin chemistry, which is why

experimentation is always necessary to adapt a mix to your own bad self...

-Bass

DrSmellThis
10-19-2004, 01:53 PM
Interesting. I

guess I'm less of an expert than you think. I've never heard of an unscented sandalwood EO. So obviously, I think

you should use the scented stuff :o .

Did your research reveal what the unscented stuff was good for?

-BassRed sandalwood has very little smell and is used to hold other scents such as rose or musk. Any EO

you typically buy will have a scent. You do have to watch out for adulterated oils, so smell a few before you buy

one, unless it comes recommended from someone you trust.

MOBLEYC57
12-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Alrighty then.

I haven't formally posted a mix in over a year. This one seems to have as much promise as BassMix #1. Simplicity

itself.

1 part Chikara
1 part NPA/m
1 part Sandalwood EO
7 parts ethanol

Apply one spray from an A4.2 /

Attraction bottle (about 0.2 ml, or 4 drops) to a wrist, rub your wrists together.

Use inexpensive Sandalwood EO

(I'm using NOW brand - $40/oz) - don't waste the $5/ml stuff on this. I wouldn't recommend Sandalwood fragrance

oil, tho.

Adjust to taste. You'll smell everything in this mix - the Sandalwood, the Chikara, the NPA.

This mix is a bit more teasing/flirty than BassMix #1, which was pretty straightforward sex.

Happy

hunting!
-Bass
You-whooooooooooooooooooooo! :think: