PDA

View Full Version : Creed Users

MOBLEYC57
10-18-2004, 02:35 PM
Howdy!:wave:

:type: I

was in Padadena, California this past August fer me birthday, and was lucky enough to run across Green Irish Tweed

by Creed ($100! in the stores). Sniffing everything I could, trying to find a new scent, my nose was done before

long; even the coffe beans had me confused after sniffing different colognes. Green Irish Tweed stuck with me

mentally, and what I wanted to know, by Creed users "ONLY," is if Green Irish Tweed the best of Creed experience, or

should I try to find samples of their other scents?

Forever greatful.:box:

Friendly1
10-18-2004, 02:39 PM
I'm not where I can look at my

bottle of Creed. I've only tried one Creed product, and I think it is called Imperial something or other (I have

probably mentioned it here in a past discussion).

Whatever Creed I am using turns women's heads for sure.

MOBLEYC57
10-18-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm not where

I can look at my bottle of Creed. I've only tried one Creed product, and I think it is called Imperial something or

other (I have probably mentioned it here in a past discussion).

Whatever Creed I am using turns women's heads

for sure.Signor Friendly, is there anything that you haven't tried? :box: Thanks! I'm into sweet smelling

scents...Imperial? How many Creed products do you have!? :blink: I asked the guy showing me all the new stuff if

they had samples...no luck...and after hearing the price, I understood why!:run:

camusflage
10-18-2004, 04:10 PM
It depends what you're after..

I've sampled several Creed Scents, and enjoyed two of them enough to add to the stable, despite the price. GIT is

good stuff (one of the ones I own), and definitely a joy to wear, but for my money, Silver Mountain Water is the

best they make.

DrSmellThis
10-18-2004, 04:13 PM
Oscar is a big fan of Tweed.

Every place I've been was out of it or didn't carry it.

Holmes
10-18-2004, 04:14 PM
Tabarome and Millesime Imperial

are good.

culturalblonde
10-18-2004, 05:07 PM
http://www.fragrancenet.com Do a search for Creed (you'll get a list of Creed plus click on a name and

you'll get the description). If you get on their e-mail list you will get a 10% off. Plus free shipping for

orders over $60 and no tax (depends on where you live). Earlier in the year, they sent me a $20 off $75 or more

order. I've only seen 10% off lately. I always use that site to see what's a fragrance before buying, since I'm

allergic to florals. :)

BTW: Creed is a good choice!

MOBLEYC57
10-18-2004, 05:53 PM
THANKS...each and

everyone of you! :drunk: I guess I'll have to do some digging, 'cause I'm now I'm confused...thought Green

Irish Tweed was the best of the crew. Wished I had just sniffed all Creed. :sad: It seems more digging for samples

is needed for my next expensive "smellmegood" purchase, in which will be of the Creed family. :sick:

Once

again...Thanks! :wave:

oscar
10-19-2004, 05:17 AM
Mobley,

I haven't tried them

all, but I have sampled a number of the fragrances in the Creed line. Green Irish Tweed is by far my favorite, and

the only one that I actually bought a bottle of. Here's a link to the place where I bought it. ThePerfumeSpot is

the only internet retailer from whom I've gotten as speedy service as I have from Love-Scent. My package arrived

two days after I ordered it with four other fragrance samples inside. Their prices are quite competitive as well.

[url="http://store.yahoo.com/theperfumespot/awcgit4s.html"]http://store.yahoo.com/theperfumespot/awcgit4s.html[/ur

l]

Oscar :)

Holmes
10-19-2004, 05:54 AM
www.perfumebay.com used

to have discounts and samples. Not sure if they still do, but it might be worth a look.

camusflage
10-19-2004, 07:52 AM
I've always had good luck with

http://www.scentiments.com/ myself.

MOBLEYC57
10-19-2004, 11:20 AM
Thanks to yousall!

:thumbsup:

camusflage
10-19-2004, 03:59 PM
FYI, Scentiments has 2.5

testers of both GIT and SMW on sale for $36 bucks apiece.

Friendly1
10-19-2004, 05:17 PM
You should let a woman do your

sniffing for you. Try not to pick the scents you wear if you can get women to pick them for you (assuming, of

course, your goal is to make yourself more attractive to women).

MOBLEYC57
10-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Thanks, Cam! :thumbsup:

Yes, Signor Friendly...t'was she that was with me when I lost me virginity to the scent to Green Irish Tweed, and

vas vondering if Creed had something else as sweet in their line of products. But, as always...good idea! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Holmes
10-20-2004, 08:47 AM
You should let a

woman do your sniffing for you. Try not to pick the scents you wear if you can get women to pick them for you

(assuming, of course, your goal is to make yourself more attractive to women).

Very good point!

MOBLEYC57
02-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Got my samples ... Is it just

me, or does Green Irish Tweed smell like Cool Water? :think:

joseph956
04-11-2005, 08:35 AM
I'm an ex-CREED user.. not

because I don't like it, I just ran out and am trying out Chanel Platinum

anyway, going by bottle colors..

because I really don't remember the names off hand, the GOLD bottle will DEFINITELY get you some good comments from

the ladies, I had SO many girls come and cuddle up to me and tell me how good I smelled,

as far as personal

preference, I REALLY enjoyed the smell of the BLACK bottle and will probably try that out next...

just my 2

cents =))

j

MOBLEYC57
04-11-2005, 09:35 AM
I'm an

ex-CREED user.. not because I don't like it, I just ran out and am trying out Chanel Platinum

anyway, going by

bottle colors.. because I really don't remember the names off hand, the GOLD bottle will DEFINITELY get you some

good comments from the ladies, I had SO many girls come and cuddle up to me and tell me how good I smelled,

as

far as personal preference, I REALLY enjoyed the smell of the BLACK bottle and will probably try that out next...

just my 2 cents =))

j
Bottle colors!? :trout:

Tis now your duty to find out the name, ya tease!

:trout:

Platinum is good stuff, if ya ask me. :thumbsup:

joseph956
04-11-2005, 01:00 PM
LOL, many apologies.. didn't

think another male would ever call me a tease :blink:

kidding, heh.. anyway just hopped on EBAY and found out

the BLACK container is called Green Irish Tweed (my personal preference).. the GOLD is called Millesime Imperial

(the ladies preference)

Yes Platinum is some VERY good stuff, just hate that after about 2 hours or so it wears

off.. we'll see how it does with my new bottle of NPA I just received today :twisted:

j

DCW
04-11-2005, 01:21 PM
I have Vertiver the old scent not the

new.

DCW

silksand
04-11-2005, 01:56 PM
I love GIT; you have good taste

Mr. Mobley. Other Creeds you might want to try: Bois du Portugal (cedar, sandalwood, lavender and vetiver) and Baie

de Genievre (cinnamon leaves, vetiver and juniper); both are full-bodied, very manly but intriguing and different.

Silver Mountain Water (green tea, blackcurrent) is very good but much lighter, more for those who like fresh clean

scents like L'Eau d'Issey and Aqua di Gio. I bought a dozen samples of Creed from an ebayer called bigbonkykitty

very reasonably.

MOBLEYC57
04-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Thanks, Joseph, for your

research results. A+ :thumbsup: Will have to check out IM, and see what it does for

me.:whip:

I love GIT; you have good taste Mr. Mobley. Well, thankya, Silky!

:thumbsup:

Other Creeds you might want to try: Bois du Portugal (cedar, sandalwood, lavender

and vetiver) and Baie de Genievre (cinnamon leaves, vetiver and juniper); both are full-bodied, very manly but

intriguing and different. Silver Mountain Water (green tea, blackcurrent) is very good but much lighter, more for

those who like fresh clean scents like L'Eau d'Issey and Aqua di Gio. I bought a dozen samples of Creed from an

ebayer called bigbonkykitty very reasonably.And which out of that herd tickles y o u r fancy, Madame

Silky? :think: Glad you posted ... on my way back to Cali for a week, before Summer semester starts, in May ... will

be sure to sniff at those you've listed. Thanks for typing your thoughts/opions! :wub:

burgerama1960
04-11-2005, 04:07 PM
isn't curve suppose to

smell like git but only a tenth of the price?

silksand
04-11-2005, 04:15 PM
And which

out of that herd tickles y o u r fancy, Madame Silky?

Well, Monsieur Mobes, I think that

currently I like GIT best of all - but it all depends on how it wears on you, how it blends with your own skin

scent. You'll have to sample them on your skin to know which one makes you happiest. You could also get a few small

decants on ebay to try out, give the women in your life a sniff and get their opinions ... always a good flirting

technique, offering your neck for their delectation, while innocently soliciting their womanly wisdom! (apparently

we are suckers for guys wanting advice ... :LOL:

silksand
04-11-2005, 04:17 PM
isn't

curve suppose to smell like git but only a tenth of the price?

I've heard that said before, and

while I don't think I've knowingly smelled Curve, here are some men's fragrance aficionados' opinions on your

question:

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120716.html

MOBLEYC57
04-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Well, Monsieur

Mobes, I think that currently I like GIT best of all - but it all depends on how it wears on you, how it blends with

your own skin scent. You'll have to sample them on your skin to know which one makes you happiest. You could also

get a few small decants on ebay to try out, give the women in your life a sniff and get their opinions

Thankya! :thumbsup:

give the women in your life a sniff and get their opinions ... always a

good flirting technique, offering your neck for their delectation, while innocently soliciting their womanly wisdom!

(apparently we are suckers for guys wanting advice ... :LOL:There's no women in me life, Madame, so,

I'm out of luck on that one. :rant: :trout:

apparently we are suckers for guys wanting advice

... :LOL:
I vouldn't know. :rasp:

NaughtieGirl
04-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Bottle

colors!? :trout:

Tis now your duty to find out the name, ya tease! :trout:

Platinum is good stuff, if ya

ask me. :thumbsup:
Oh Come On "Monsieur Mobes"!!! :hammer: Mais oui! - He's trying to help

you!
:hammer: (I already took my shower so no fish for me tonight!)

Seriously (And yes, I can be that too -

Can you?) Be on the look-out for my next post regarding sensual scents for men! :lovestruc

PS You are just too

easy of a target for teasing!

NaughtieGirl
04-11-2005, 05:29 PM
THANKS...each and everyone of you! :drunk: I guess I'll have to do some digging, 'cause

I'm now I'm confused...thought Green Irish Tweed was the best of the crew. Wished I had just sniffed all Creed.

:sad: It seems more digging for samples is needed for my next expensive "smellmegood" purchase, in which will be of

the Creed family. :sick:

Once again...Thanks! :wave:
As promised - My serious reply! I have no

experience with and/or knowledge of Creed But... if Amouage for men is anything like Amouage for women, you really

should spring for the 22 or so bucks and order their samples! Trust me? :hammer:

MOBLEYC57
04-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Oh Come On

"Monsieur Mobes"!!! :hammer: Mais oui! - He's trying to help you!
And your point is? :think:

:hammer: (I already took my shower so no fish for me tonight!)
Why am I not

convienced? :think: Did you get behind your ears? :rasp:

Seriously (And yes, I can be that

too - Can you?)
Not a chance! :trout:

Be on the look-out for my next post

regarding sensual scents for men! :lovestruc
Yesssss, Dear. :kiss:

PS You are

just too easy of a target for teasing!
To hear you tell it! You have to look at the BIG picture, and then

you will see, vhat is dee message coming from Mobley. :thumbsup:

NaughtieGirl
04-12-2005, 05:06 AM
LOL - Too

many quotes and counter-quotes for this blonde now!

My point: You were hitting Joseph over the head with that

tuna, :nono: so I just felt like hitting you over the head with a hammer.

:angel: Truce (for now!)

InternationalPlayboy
04-12-2005, 06:39 AM
Wow! I thought I was

going to buy some Green Irish Tweed in a couple weeks while on vacation. I knew it was expensive but I didn't

realize how much so. Checking the links given in this thread, no one had minatures of that product, so I've settled

for a 2.5 ml sample of Tweed and a .05 oz sample of Creed's Himalaya from Perfumebay. Also ordered minature

collectables of Angel Men, Benetton Sport, and Armani's Emporio, and also a .05 oz sample of Armani's

Mania.

The Angel Men I had read about here, I sampled the Armanis on a card in a department store and thought

they were worth looking further into, and I was a fan of the Benetton F1 team for a long time. I've always wanted

something by Benetton but never cared for their knitted clothing.

Now if only the unscented Chikara was

released today so I can get it in before I leave for vacation at the end of next week. If the scents arrive in time,

I plan at least to try the two Creeds out then. I guess I'll have to settle for Perception, though I like Chikara

better. I guess the "cologne extender" benefit will be nice since I will be working with such small quantities of

the Creed scents.

MOBLEYC57
04-12-2005, 07:21 AM
My point: You

were hitting Joseph over the head with that tuna, :nono: so I just felt like hitting you over the head with a

hammer.

:angel: Truce (for now!)Oooooooooh! :blink: So what had happen was ... you were driving along,

mindng your own business, when you saw Mobley and J having an adult conversation, in which you somehow, probably

intoxicated by that fishy smell, filtered it as fighting/being ugly, and jumped your little hinny flat in the middle

of something that didn't :nono: even concern you! :twisted: And you're asking fer truth, fer true!!? :nono:

:POKE: :trout: :trout: :twisted: :trout: :trout: :POKE:

IP ... yep, tis

expensive! Probably Amouge's kin folk. :blink:

NaughtieGirl
04-12-2005, 08:07 AM
Oooooooooh!

:blink: So what had happen was ... you were driving along, mindng your own business, when you saw Mobley and J

having an adult conversation, in which you somehow, probably intoxicated by that fishy smell, filtered it as

fighting/being ugly, and jumped your little hinny flat in the middle of something that didn't :nono: even concern

you! :twisted: And you're asking fer truth, fer true!!? :nono:

:POKE: :trout: :trout: :twisted:

:trout: :trout: :POKE:

IP ... yep, tis expensive! Probably Amouge's kin folk.

:blink:
Oh no-no-no I didn't filter anything. :POKE: I was only very vaguely following the

conversation. Like you said - crusin' on by... Then I saw an opportunity to hit you over the head with something

and I just couldn't resist! :angel:

MOBLEYC57
04-12-2005, 08:13 AM
Oh no-no-no I

didn't filter anything. :POKE: I was only very vaguely following the conversation. Like you said - crusin' on

by... Then I saw an opportunity to hit you over the head with something and I just couldn't resist!

:angel:How can someone so short be so violent? :blink: Must be that damn rap music! :trout:

NaughtieGirl
04-12-2005, 11:40 AM
How can

someone so short be so violent? :blink: Must be that damn rap music! :trout:

This fishiepoo isn't

biting any more!

PS Somehow I never pictured you as being short! :think:

InternationalPlayboy
04-12-2005, 06:13 PM
Just got notice that

my order from Perfumebay shipped today. I'm anxious to try the Creed samples. I figure that being an

International Playboy, I'm meant to wear something that was designed for the likes of Cary Grant.

:cool:

NaughtieGirl
04-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Just got notice that my order from Perfumebay shipped today. I'm anxious to try the

Creed samples. I figure that being an International Playboy, I'm meant to wear something that was

designed for the likes of Cary Grant. :cool:
Yikes Playboy! What happened to your avatar? You're scaring

me now!
Did you cross over to the dark side?

InternationalPlayboy
04-13-2005, 06:01 PM
Yikes Playboy! What happened to your avatar? You're scaring me now!
Did you cross over to

the dark side?

That was Frylock (actually a "Visible Frylock"), from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I had

used it for an Avatar a few months ago and brifely reprised it in honor of culturalblonde's posting of the ATHF

theme song in the "Best Songs of the World" thread.

Anybody recognize the guy in my current avatar? :)

culturalblonde
04-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Billy "Beer" Carter???

InternationalPlayboy
04-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Billy "Beer" Carter???

You got it! Billy Carter standing next to a tub of

Billy Beer. :D

NaughtieGirl
04-15-2005, 12:02 PM
That was Frylock (actually a "Visible Frylock"), from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I had

used it for an Avatar a few months ago and brifely reprised it in honor of culturalblonde's posting of the ATHF

theme song in the "Best Songs of the World" thread.

Anybody recognize the guy in my current avatar? :)

Oh so that wasn't you??? :think: (:lol: )

joseph956
04-15-2005, 02:43 PM
[QUOTE=NaughtieGirl]
My

point: You were hitting Joseph over the head with that tuna, :nono: so I just felt like hitting you over the head

with a hammer.

[QUOTE]

Awww, I'm being defended by a beautiful woman?

must be the 'mones.. :thumbsup:

:wub:

j

NaughtieGirl
04-15-2005, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=NaughtieGirl]
My point: You were hitting Joseph over the head with that tuna, :nono: so I

just felt like hitting you over the head with a hammer.

[QUOTE]

Awww, I'm being defended by a beautiful

woman?

must be the 'mones.. :thumbsup: :wub:

jMaybe... or just maybe I love to hit Monsieur Mobes

over the head with my tuna fish and look for any opportunity to do just that! :lol:

InternationalPlayboy
04-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Got my order from

Perfumebay already. And they threw in a .05 oz sample of Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine Por Lui and a pack of Bvlgari por

Homme after shave emulsion on top of the quick service.

The A*Men miniature is cool, it's refillable but the

Armani Emporio is a sealed metal cannister with a spray head.

I probably really stink right now. I had

sprayed Very Sexy for Him 2 on my chest around noon and as soon as I opened my package just now, I sprayed A*Men on

one wrist and used the dabber of the Green Irish Tweed sample to apply a bit to my other wrist.

Both are good

scents and evoke memories, I'm not sure of what though. I was surprised that the A*Men was the "older" smelling of

the two. It brings up thoughts of chocolate and tobbacco and men in smoking jackets sitting in overstuffed chairs

while smoking pipes at the club. I like it a lot but think it won't be work appropriate as it's so

strong.

The creed is familiar too but I can't smell it right now inless I bring my wrist up to my nose. The

A*Men overpowers it too much. Can't wait to try the Himalaya but I need to wash the others off first.

I'm

starting to think that miniatures and samples are the way to go, they will be especially convienent for traveling.

Hopefully, I can find some Creed minis on my trek to civilization. Looks like it's going to be another Perception

vacation so I can play with this new stuff. Even if Bruce released the unscented Chikara tomorrow, I don't know if

it would arrive before I left on my trip next Saturday morning. I will still bring Chikara along, maybe the beta so

I can try mixing with these stronger scents. Anyway, once again I have too many items to choose from. :)