PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Price

Yoel
10-15-2004, 02:53 PM
I was really thrilled

about the TGIF Perception offer, but while I was proceeding to check out I noticed the shipping prices have

sky-rocketed, so I was forced to cancel (I am SO sad).

What happened? Last time I ordered the basic delivery

was priced about $6.5, now it's $25!
Please tell me I clicked something wrong...

Indigo
10-15-2004, 03:19 PM
I have no problem: when I log in

and checkout I get the international airmail for 10$. Everything as usual! Where do you come from?

Bruce
10-15-2004, 04:26 PM
Shipping prices have gone

significantly down on the average. Though there are a few cases where folks are paying more than they are used to,

we are collecting about 20% less in shipping than we used to 3 months ago. We used to have flat rates for

everything, but the new cart dyanamically transmits shipping price quotes from the various shippers (posts office

and Fed Ex) and adds on a modest "handling fee" which barely puts a dent in our cost of actually getting the

products out the door to customers.

One quick example, Fed Ex overnight used to cost everyone a flat $18.

anywhere in the US, including Hawaii and Alaska, as well as Grand Junction, CO, a 2 hour drive down the road from

our warehouse. But NOW, customers in Colorado can get overnight delivery for under $10. Whoopie! if you live in

CO, but if you live in Hawaii, you now pay over $20. when you used to get it for $18. The VAST majority of

customers live in the US and select the cheapest postal shipping option which USED to be a flat $3.95, but now is

pretty much always $2.60.

After that big pep talk of mine, probably what Yoel is quoting there at $25. is a

Fed Ex charge to Canada? OR maybe the EMS charge to Israel? Look around, there must be some normal postal options

there.

Regards,
Bruce

Yoel
10-17-2004, 03:39 AM
Ok, I checked again just a minute

ago and believe me it's getting worse!

As you can see from the screen, fed-ex now refuses to delivery to

Italy (that's weird, it worked 2 days ago, but it was about $30 anyway), and I'm still getting $25 for the EMS,

while I paid the same service $6,50 about six months ago.

Oh wait, maybe I see the problem, there's no

international airmail in my screen! If I remember well, that's what I chose last time.

Bruce
10-17-2004, 01:47 PM
Italy. OK, Now I get it. Normally,

there are quite a few shipping options including a cheap airmail one, but we can turn the options on and off on a

country to country basis. We were losing so many postal shipments to Italy that we had to turn that option off.

Seems like once a week I would get an email from Italy. "What happened to my shipment?" they would always read.

Now, what was really happening to the shipments, I have no idea, but the end result is that we had to rehip the

order. I think Italy is the only country in the EU we had to do that with, but there are lots in Eastern Europe,

Middle East etc.

Options?
Fed Ex is still OK to Italy. Their server must have been down at the time you

tried your order.
"Free shipping for orders over $100." still applies even though you are in Italy. I just ran

thru the recent orders to Italy and there are a lot of folks going for that option. We ship by post, but insure the

package and get a signature, which is something we can't offer a regular option for on the shopping cart. We are

willing to foot the bill for a large order though.

Regards,
Bruce