PDA

View Full Version : Reading Girls!

evon610
10-14-2004, 02:00 AM
I have

another question while it is on my mind for all of you that consider yourselves good at reading girls' body

language. There is a girl I work with in a restaurant that I find very attractive. She used to flirt with me when I

started working at this restaurant about 6 months ago, and even suggested that we go out a couple of times. I had a

serious girlfriend at the time, thus not being interested, I pretty much blew her off. I was also very intimidated

by our age difference (I am used to dating girls my age or a bit younger or older, not 5 years older.) I am 19 and

she is 23. I would like to believe that this difference is not that big of a deal, yet something tells me it is to a

girl. I actually look older than I really am and this girl looks about 19... how funny! Anyway, when she asked me

how old I was, and I told her, there was a long moment’s pause followed by a dry sounding "Oh.." Could I be

misreading this situation? Is this age gap too much for 2 college students? Remember that she is 4.5 years older

than me. haha..

Anyway, she does not talk to me at all now, and is even rude at times. I

feel like she does purposely not like me because she feels as though I turned her down. How do I turn this situation

around? How do I spark an interest in her for again. I really find this girl exciting. Any suggestions guy? Are

their mones that might suit my purpose??

Thanks

Indigo
10-14-2004, 02:41 AM
She

used to flirt with me when I started working at this restaurant about 6 months ago, and even suggested that we go

out a couple of times. I had a serious girlfriend at the time, thus not being interested, I pretty much blew her

off.
Hello,

does that mean you actually don't have a serious Gf right

now ?????

Regards

Indigo

evon610
10-14-2004, 03:25 AM
yeah we broke up.

Pancho1188
10-14-2004, 05:56 AM
I could write a long

explanation as usual, but I'll be concise today:

Wouldn't you be pissed if someone blew you off?

Many women are uncomfortable dating younger guys as it's against society norms, thus making the idea feel weird.

Plus, she could be in a different "life stage" than you (you're in party mode and trying to get through college

while she's in establishing a life mode and trying to get out of college).

You'd have to be really

friendly and generate some rapport to spark her interest again.

Friendly1
10-14-2004, 06:53 AM
I wouldn't say you screwed up.

You were involved with someone and that was that. Not every opportunity comes at the right time.

Don't

agonize over the girl. Move on.

And, no, age doesn't matter to them nearly as much as maturity, mystery, and

excitement. When I was 20, I dated a 24-year-old. Now I'm 44 and I've dated women from 20 to 42 in the past

year.