PDA

View Full Version : Warning, APC a complete big rip-off !!!

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2001, 02:51 AM
Cruiser posted Oct. 29, 2001 that APC only has a ridiculous 0.0225 milligrams per Liter of pheromones in it. He found this info on his APC bottle.

Unbelievable, but thats only 0.000675 mg per bottle of 1oz (or 0,0003375 per 0.5 oz bottle) APC. THAT IS NOTHING! images/icons/mad.gif

Don\'t forget to update your excelsheet of pheros if you downloaded it from here (btw: Thanks for that, big help in making decisions).

Compare it to PPA from Stone or to Primal. PPA contains 2.25 mg per bottle for $25, so Stone gives us 6,666 (>six thousand sixhundred!!) times more A\'none at a lower price.
So APC is expensive only for a smell, you get very nice and expensive perfumes for that price with a lot more contents in the bottle.

Even Attraction, that only contains a third of pheros of what they claimed to have in their bottles (now saying 3.3 mg Phero per bottle), is a much better deal compared to APC.

Lets rather forget about APC as a product. It could only serve as a placebo in a double blind controlled study of pheros but as nothing else.

Not to forget the awful behaviour of the makers of APC. They spam-mail customers and post faked (stolen?) testimonial stories on their website. Thats not trusworthy at all.
P.E.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2001, 04:25 AM
hear hear...

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2001, 04:36 AM
Wish I knew that 3 weeks ago images/icons/mad.gif . I received my bottle yesterday, going to do some tests now. hopefully PF and PI should arrive next week.

jose
10-31-2001, 06:33 AM
The only products I will recommend are AE,PI,TE(sandalwood),Mr.Pheromone(which is not sold in this site). The concentration kit from stone labs seems promising,and will be my next order. As for APC people do seem to like the smell just like the SPMO I use with the combinations of other products.
http://home.earthlink.net/~joselg (\"http://home.earthlink.net/~joselg\")

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2001, 08:40 AM
What is Mr. Pheremone, and what site does sell it?

jose
10-31-2001, 09:22 AM
Hockey-I sent you a private message on your profile to link you to the WebSite. You can read about it there.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2001, 03:28 PM
JOSE,I WOULD LIKE TO INVESTIGATE MR.PHEROMONE AS WELL.CAN YOU HELP ME???? images/icons/cool.gif images/icons/laugh.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2001, 04:34 PM
Hmmm!?!

That\'s only one ingredient though. Most of these have 20 - 40 ingredients. Are we all experts on which steroid or \'copulin\' (where did that come from?) enuf to say that x % of one andy-randy-stone is better than another?

Geez, 8 years of research and inside-industry trawling databases, and I still see don\'t see any compelling argument to say that one ingredient is better than another. Even George Dodd (designer of Xcite!) is quoted as saying that it is a \'blend\' of ingredients that has an effect.

Not that I\'m a big fan of APC, per se - but the process of \"updating spreadsheets\" and \"forgetting (about) products\" seems a leetle nonsensical. Doing that seems about as logical as putting the ingredients on the bottle for people to shop and compare in the first place. Two nonsensical things don\'t make one sensible one.

If APC works for someone, or anything else for that matter, let\'s support it. I agree about being critical though, and I really wish that somone would start doing further behavior studies based on some of the anecdotes here with pheromones and \'real\' people. Make the reports open and valid, get the manufacturers to put thew studies out in the open though, but try and keep the FDA out of it though (tricky!). ...

I\'m rambling, so I\'ll stop! images/icons/cool.gif

oscar
10-31-2001, 04:41 PM
Yo!

I\'ve trashed APC on and off for some time, but even I\'m not willing to believe that it\'s as weak as its own packaging claims. That\'s got to be a mistake.

And it\'s on the basis of this belief and two lab studies conducted ostensibly by Stone and Primal (some time ago) that I\'ll STILL credit it with a .005% pheros by weight concentration, same as Realm. That\'s where the numbers on Randy\'s excel chart originated. We\'ve just given it the benefit of the doubt.

Even if it had NO pheros, it would still be a relative bargain compared to many E-Oils that don\'t smell NEARLY as good!
So, regard it as a mere \"fragrance\" if you will. Put it at the bottom of your shopping list. But don\'t overlook it altogether! And beware of bootlegs! You at least want to get that magical scent.

Oscar images/icons/wink.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2001, 08:56 PM
wish id known that before I ordered the crap. Doesnt this remind your of attraction!! images/icons/mad.gif images/icons/mad.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
10-31-2001, 09:26 PM
I can\'t agree here. My first hit was from APC, although granted it was a ridiculous OD, the fact still stands. It was the first time a \"group\" of women showed interest in me (at least approached me in this way) and the first time ever a woman has bought me a drink so I have to disagree here. Although if you don\'t like APC try Arabian or Egyptian musk. The scent is just intoxicating if not more.

Chemist
11-01-2001, 01:41 AM
I bought 20 bottles of APC 4 years ago - it is in glass bottles with a foil based label and a black top and is sealed. It\'s smell is reminiscent of some bathroom air freshners. There is no mention of the quantity of none in it

**DONOTDELETE**
11-01-2001, 01:56 AM
Well the other products.
AE the edge NPA andro 4.2 and (8.4) test products, um what else the other stone labs primal instinct and the list goes on. That stuff works and is effective and its cheaper as well.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-02-2001, 04:27 AM
I´ve just received my APC bottle and if you read carefully, they don´t actually say the phero content is 0.025mg/l, rather there´s NO substance listed on some pharmacy books ?? in excess of 0.025mg/l. Does anyone know if androstenone come listed in those books?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-02-2001, 08:32 PM
Wilde,

Call IPD and ASK THEM! I did this, and while they were not happy about it, they had to agree that there was NO misprint on the package. HOWEVER, this is NEW as of January of this year, and as such I think both PI and Stone have yet to update their analytical results on their respective pages.

Lusoman,
Just for the record, what the package says is that there is no component to the product greater than 0.0225mg/L that can be classified as a STEROID. Because Androstenone is a steroid, no steroid level greater than 0.0225mg/L means no androstenone level greater than 0.0225mg/L images/icons/frown.gif