PDA

View Full Version : Accessory Mix :)

CollegeStudent
10-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Heres an

"Accessory Mix" :) which contains 3 things that are probably good to wear with anything. Maybe call it the CS

Accessory Mix? :)

The following post is my brainstorm of creating this mix. I had a little trouble with

the math at first, which is still not completely accurate, but its pretty darn close. This mix is not really

designed to be used by itself, but as an addon to your favorite "main" mone like Chikara or SOE... etc. It gives

the benefits of TE secret ingredients, WAGGs "edge taker off-er" :) and EW's enticing

power.

Brainstorm:

Anyway, I typically apply 2 drops of WAGG, 1 drop of TE, and *roughly* 1/8 drop

of the new EW. It would be really nice if all this was premixed in some solution that I could apply about 4 to 6

drops of, and it equal out to the totals above.

The limitations are: drops that I put into the mix need to

be whole (I cant effectively measure 1/2 drop). Drops that I apply of the application need to be whole (same

reason). Example:

Lets say I wanted: 2 drops Wagg, 1 drop TE, 1 drop EW (thats alotta EW, I know, but just

an example). That means that its 50%:25%:25% respectively of each type. So 4 drops of this solution (with N * 2

drops wagg + N * 1 drop TE + N * 1 drop EW where N is any integer (bigger N means more of the solution I have

available to me)) would be the same as applying 2 drops WAGG... etc.

But I want 1/8 drop EW, and this makes

it tricky. If I make 8 sets (N = 8) of the above mix (without the EW in it) then I would have a total of 16 drops

WAGG and 8 drops TE. Of 24 drops, Wagg would be 66% and TE would be 33%. So each drop would be 2/3 Wagg and 1/3

TE.

2 Drops of this would be about 1.3 drops Wagg and .6 drops TE.
3 Drops would be around 2 drops of

WAGG (woo) and 1 drop TE (woo again) :)

But, throwing in one drop of EW into this mix (to get the 1/8 drop

deal) messes stuff up.
Then I would have 25 drops total, with Wagg being 64%, TE 32%, and EW being 4%.

Drops of this would be about 1.28 drops Wagg and .64 drops TE and 0.08 drops EW.
3 Drops would be around 1.92

drops of WAGG and 0.96 drop TE and 0.12 drop of EW (roughly 1/8 drop).

So multiplying this mix out gives any

amount of the final solution you want, and the ratios are pretty close to what I originally wanted. It ends up with

slightly less than 2 drops of WAGG, slightly less than one drop of TE, and slightly less than 1/8 drop of EW (which

is probably a good thing, less is better on that stuff).

Final mix: 16:8:1 of WAGG:TE:EW and apply 3 drops of

that solution to give a typical dosage of those three. Enjoy. :)

oscar
10-05-2004, 04:07 PM
College Student,

That seems like

an awful lot of runaround to not be arriving precisely where you wanted to go. Instead of making the mix fit the

ingredient, you could make the ingredient fit the mix.

Why not simply dilute one part of EW in seven parts of a

neutral carrier, such as: Ethanol, Water, Perfumer's Diluent (Ethanol & Water), Di-Propylene Glycol, Vegetable

Glycerine, etc.

That way one drop of the diluted EW mix would be the equivalent of 1/8 of a drop of

undiluted EW, and you could make batches as large or as small as you want, right down to making a single application

"batch" by simply using two drops of WAGG, one drop of The Edge, and one drop of the 1/8 strength EW.
This would

give you the precise dosing that you're aiming for, and keep you from being forced to make mixes that are larger

than what you need to suit your immediate needs. You never know when you might want to change the recipe, or at

least tweak it to suit a particular occasion.

Oscar :)

DrSmellThis
10-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Oscar is the man. :box:

CollegeStudent
10-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Gosh, why didnt I think of

that? That was one of the reasons I posted this. I couldnt get the amounts to work out exactly how I wanted. EW

is an alcohol base, so where can I get some Ethyl Alcohol cheap? (other than using Everclear).

DrSmellThis
10-05-2004, 04:14 PM
You could use strong vodka in

this case.

einstein
10-05-2004, 04:16 PM
My thought on reading this is

that 1/8 drop EW is still about 10 times more than I'd ever consider wearing.

oscar
10-05-2004, 04:32 PM
My thought on

reading this is that 1/8 drop EW is still about 10 times more than I'd ever consider wearing.
einstein,

Now that you mention it, you're probably right.
1/8 of a drop of the commercial version of EW would be equal to

1/800 of a drop of the beta formula, which, from the figures that we arrived at from working with the beta, would

probably amount to roughly the equivalent of five drops of PCC.
That might be just a little bit further into

beaver country than I'd be willing to tread. ;)

CollegeStudent
10-05-2004, 04:38 PM
Really? Maybe Ill tone it

down to 1/20 of a drop, and then use that in the mix. Ive been using a 1:30 EW:TE mix, using about 2 drops of that.

Its stinky at first, but fades after about an hour (either that or I get used to the smell after an hour :( )

CptKipling
10-05-2004, 05:44 PM
College Student,

That seems like an awful lot of runaround to not be arriving precisely where you wanted to go. Instead of

making the mix fit the ingredient, you could make the ingredient fit the mix.

Why not simply dilute one part of

EW in seven parts of a neutral carrier, such as: Ethanol, Water, Perfumer's Diluent (Ethanol & Water), Di-Propylene

Glycol, Vegetable Glycerine, etc.

That way one drop of the diluted EW mix would be the equivalent of 1/8 of a

drop of undiluted EW, and you could make batches as large or as small as you want, right down to making a single

application "batch" by simply using two drops of WAGG, one drop of The Edge, and one drop of the 1/8 strength EW.

This would give you the precise dosing that you're aiming for, and keep you from being forced to make mixes that

are larger than what you need to suit your immediate needs. You never know when you might want to change the recipe,

or at least tweak it to suit a particular occasion.

:D

Trust Oscar to come up with the

simple answer ;)

I was going to say use the Experimentation Spreadsheet, but it doesn't have EW (pherolibrary

is getting a facelift shortly, which will uclude updates to several sections, watch this space).