PDA

View Full Version : Best Cologne on the market

top_dawwgs
09-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Any

opinions?
Not talking pheromones, just best outright colognes.

deadlyx
09-29-2004, 09:26 PM
I get compliments on VS Very

sexy for him all the time.

real_wiseman
09-29-2004, 11:58 PM
Thierry Mugler "Cologne" and

"B*Men" are good.
YSL M7 and YSL Rive Gauche are hits too IMHO.

// w

Numanoid
09-30-2004, 04:30 AM
Any

opinions?
Not talking pheromones, just best outright colognes.Some of my personal favorites for now -

Gendarme - good year round, but I like this one especially for intimate evenings...very subtle scent. Girls love

this one.
Diesel Zero Plus - great for fall and winter.
Spark - deep fragrance and like Diesel Zero + it's

better for cooler temperatures. It almost smells edible.
Le Male - pretty versatile
Weekend At Burberry's - good

for warmer weather.
Liquid Amber - a body oil from R-expo. Best worn in cooler weather.

bmindful01
09-30-2004, 05:43 AM
Great Topic to discuss

Top_Dawwgs!!!

Well chosen! I personally have tried alot of different colognes, as I'm sure most of us have.

Currently I have probably over 40 different ones, some dating back to middle school, unfortunately alot of them I

never use, the result of impulse buys and ironically, reccomendations from others. As I'm sure you are aware, as

with mones what might work very well for one could easily have the opposite effect for another. With that in mind,

it is advised to sample these before you decide to purchase, otherwise you may end up like me, with money down the

drain and bunch of expensive "junk". Moving forward, here are the "Top Fourteen" that personally have worked well

for me and I've continued in my collection along with others I'd like to add(denoted by

*)

1.Dolce & Gabbana

by Dolce & Gabbana
2.Masculine by

Dolce & Gabbana 3.Aquaman by

Rochas[f

ont=Arial]4.Carolina[/font] Herrera by

Carolina

Herrera5.Pi by Givenchy

6.Diesel Zero Plus by

Diesel7.Marc Jacobs by Marc

Jacobs8.Cool Water by

Davidoff9.Desire Blue by

Alfred

Dunhill10.Burberry Touch by

Burberrys11.Bvlgari Blv(Bulgari) by Bulgari,

12.X-centric

Cologne by

Alfred

Dunhill13.L’eau Par Kenzo by

Kenzo14.Desire by Alfred Dunhill* Chrome by Loris

Azzaro
* Black by Kenneth Cole
* Egoiste Platinum by Chanel

So there you have it an "ALL STAR" line up, IMHO.

In all seriousness though, these are just my personal preferences, I can tell already that there will be some who

read this that completely disagree with me and that's ok too but I 've gotten many compliments on all of these

from a variety of women. Just go with what works for you. If I can make a suggestion, one way that I've found to

really be efficious when shopping for cologne is to print out or write out a list of "prospective choices" you may

have, then go to your local mall department store and spray w/ their testers those little cards they give out, helps

to label them, but that way you can take them home and after the scent has had a chance to settle, you will get a

much more accurate sense of the true scent.(I made alot of mistakes buying right after spraying, lesson learned)

After you've determined what you like and dislike, don't bother purchasing from the department stores as they are

completely over priced, online now days there are name brand whole salers where you can get real name brands at the

fraction of the cost. I personally have been going through www.fragrancex.com (http://www.fragrancex.com)

for some time but I do know that there are other wholesalers out there with comparable pricing as well, just make

sure they explicitly state that they are 100% authentic. Although I am a newbie to mones, I do have experience with

colognes and I believe it is safe to say, "There's nothing like a great cologne, to go with a great mone." So best

of luck to you and to everyone else!! Please feel free to ask any quetions as I will more than glad to assist where

I can.

surfs_up
09-30-2004, 07:22 AM
the definitive website for anything and everything

is:

http://basenotes.net/index.html

They don't discuss pheromones. There is the worlds

greatest concentration of scent knowledge about consumer products in one location. Goods I have never heard of,

esoteric aromas, common products. Their most discussed brand may be Creed. Literally hundreds of choices, straight

fragrances, gay fragrances, day time, evening, simple and clean, dark and complex... YSL M7 receives decidedly mixed

reviews, some love it, others can't relate at all

see for yourself. life is too short for crappy self

presentation.

Holmes
09-30-2004, 07:24 AM
Amouage

Dia
Comme Des Garcons Kyoto
Comme Des Garcons Avignon
Comme Des Garcons

KenzoAir
John Varvatos
DST Pheros

Diesel Zero Plus (maybe)
Rochas

(maybe)

Various Creed

top_dawwgs
09-30-2004, 08:00 AM
Whats the cologne Aqua di gio

or something like that? Ive heard alot of ppl say very good things about this one. I was thinking about purchasing

that one. I have tried very sexy for men from VS. Good scent too. I didnt realize how many good colognes were on the

market. Keep the opinions coming.

top_dawwgs
09-30-2004, 08:01 AM
Oh yeah im 20 years old also.

Just incase that helps. Id like something with a scent that girls my age would instantle love!!!

Holmes
09-30-2004, 08:27 AM
Oh yeah im 20

years old also. Just incase that helps. Id like something with a scent that girls my age would instantle

love!!!

Make a list, get thee to a Sephora (or any department store), and smell for

yourself.

Take into account that what synergizes well with someone else's skin chemistry may reek havoc (no

pun intended) with your own.

blkgost
09-30-2004, 08:29 AM
Summer- House of Creed
All

round- Kenneth Cole Black
Winter- Pi
Anytime - Versace the Dreamer, Hani Moori

Classics: CK1, Paul

Sebastian, Tsar, Escada

I have a bottle of Aqua Di Gio, but it irritates my throat, not to mention it smells

like a grapefruit.

Numanoid
09-30-2004, 08:45 AM
There are some colognes I want

to try but just haven't gotten to yet - Sandalo, Cristobal and Body Kouros in particular. I hear they're

awesome.

camusflage
09-30-2004, 08:53 AM
There are some

colognes I want to try but just haven't gotten to yet - Sandalo, Cristobal and Body Kouros in particular. I hear

they're awesome.
I can't speak to Sandalo, but owning both Cristobal and Body Kouros, I can kick in my

two scents. (thank you ladies and gents.. I'll be appearing the next two nights at..)

Cristobal is

different, but not quite unique. If you know Very Valentino, you know Cristobal's little brother. I like it, but

that being said, they serve different purposes. VV is good for everyday. Cristobal is something I wear when I want

my cologne to scream.

BK is quickly becoming one of my favorites.. It's one of few powdery scents I can

stomach on myself. With the weather turning, I'll be turning to it more in the coming months.

top_dawwgs
09-30-2004, 08:56 AM
Anyone around the same age as

me? Id be curious as to what your favorite cologne is and how the women react to it.

top_dawwgs
09-30-2004, 09:04 AM
Did a litttle searchin on the

net. Looks like Bellagio For Men By Micaelangelo is a very very good scent which the women love. Anyone tried this

one? Im leaning towards this.. or Very Sexy

nitekids
09-30-2004, 11:06 AM
my fav's are

Davidoff Cool

Water
Hugo Boss Dark Blue
Armani Mania

Friendly1
09-30-2004, 11:32 AM
Amouage Dia
Creed
Jaipur

DCW
09-30-2004, 11:33 AM
Amouage

Gold (http://www.Amouage.com) I have gotten very naked reactions using this stuff, so I know it no fluke.
Amouage plus AE is a

lethal combination.

DCW

Numanoid
09-30-2004, 11:43 AM
I forgot to mention Amouage

earlier. It's in a league of it's own anyway.

ToxDoc
09-30-2004, 06:40 PM
top_dawwgs,

I have found

that younger girls/women tend to prefer light, subtle, and fresh scents.

top_dawwgs
09-30-2004, 09:30 PM
light, subtle scents such

as.... any colonges in mind you would recommend with those fresh subtle scents?

Donovan
09-30-2004, 10:03 PM
Amouage gold for

me

Chikira+TE+Amouage Gold or Dia is a lethal combo as well.
I prefer the Gold myself.

D

ToxDoc
09-30-2004, 11:29 PM
“light, subtle scents such

as....” L'Eau D'Issey, Acqua Di Gio, Benetton Sport, 212, and Nautica Competition. Most of these are fresh,

particularly the first three. All are fairly good for 20-somethings, IMO. Just bear in mind that they are also

fairly trendy (ie common and easily recognised) though. Do try them out, as “lightness and subtlety” is a highly

subjective matter.

top_dawwgs
10-01-2004, 05:09 AM
do they have a woody smell,

or a musky smell.. or is it more of a citrusy smell. How strong it it? And which one do u like the best out of that

list?

bzpwhx
10-01-2004, 06:28 AM
:LOL: Im sure you

will happy whit Body of Kuros (yves saint lorraint)
You will be pleased to know that the girls will be happy

too!!!!!
Aqua di gio is on everyone today (in Italy at the last) another one is Ferrari Black (not the other ones)

Try those!

Alessandro

camusflage
10-01-2004, 08:46 AM
“light, subtle

scents such as....” L'Eau D'Issey, Acqua Di Gio, Benetton Sport, 212, and Nautica Competition.
Call me

old school, but I'd hardly consider L'Eau D'Issey to be a light, subtle scent. Sublime, yes. Subtle, no.

deepblue
10-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Dakar Noir has

been a favorite of mine for a while.

phersurf
10-01-2004, 09:11 AM
There's a ot of good ones out

there.

I still haven't smelled Amouge yet, but I'm looking for it in LA.

Has anyone smelled the new

Givenchy Blue Label yet? I got a sample recently and am very impressed.

phinmone
10-01-2004, 09:34 AM
I have been reading about

amouage. how does it smell like? how does gold + dia differ.

DCW
10-01-2004, 09:48 AM
I have been reading

about amouage. how does it smell like? how does gold + dia differ.

Gold is kinda baby powderish, go

to the website and buy the men samples it's about $25 for Gold, Silver, Dia and Ciel.

I'm told that Gold is

more evening wear, Dia is more suitable for daytime, but this is not writen in stone.

DCW

Holmes
10-01-2004, 10:01 AM
Dakar

Noir has been a favorite of mine for a while.

Big in Senegal. :D

CptKipling
10-01-2004, 10:39 AM
:D

Dia is much...smoother,

more pleasant. Definately better for younger guys compared to the gold option.

Holmes
10-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Yeah, Dia is a winner. The only

drawback is the price.

Some good fresh/clean scents include:

Gendarme (which DCW mentioned)
Jil

Sander Pure
Clean Men

Various Kenzos, like Fraiche, L'Eau Par Kenzo and

Air.

Acqua Di Gio is okay, but do you really wanna smell like everyone else?

top_dawwgs
10-01-2004, 12:04 PM
ok.... now im considering

going with Benetton Sport. I found it for 15 bucks and someone stated that the women will like the sweet subtle

scent. Any other feedback on this cologne? It would be much appreciated. Keep the favorite colognes coming.

top_dawwgs
10-01-2004, 12:06 PM
No Id like to have my own

smell lol. I'm serious though.. I want the women to get a wiff of it and I come and ask what im wearing as if they

havent smelt it before. Acqua di gio is obviously very common so Im starting to single that one out. Also, a half

decent price would be appreciated.

DCW
10-01-2004, 02:19 PM
I kinda like Spark and Jupe, CK1 is a

winner too.

DCW

DCW
10-01-2004, 02:47 PM
I got a blind date in an hour, I will

be wearing Amouge Gold with two dabs of AE and a dab of PI.

Who wan'ts to bet that I get a follow up date?

:lovestruc Anyone....?

DCW

top_dawwgs
11-13-2004, 09:34 AM
any others?

Knuuttipukki
11-13-2004, 10:00 AM
Kenzo...I like that

BlackRook
11-13-2004, 04:16 PM
My favorites are:

Lolita

Lempaka
Versace The Dreamer
LeMale
Bucheron

TRock
11-13-2004, 05:03 PM
chanel sport and ferragamo are

good. chanel is a sweet smell while ferragamo is a sharp smell that ferragamo describes as italian sophistication.

Gegogi
11-13-2004, 06:08 PM
My fav cologne is Burberry

Weekend, a refreshing citrus scent with a touch of Asian overtones. It mixes and covers well, espeically with TE,

NPA or SOE. Plus it retains its scent for a relatively long time (really long compared to Chikara or Realm).

A similar but somewhat darker scent, Miyaki's L'eau D'Issey, is also near the top of my list. As it dries it

loses some of its citrus scent and takes on a more woody vibe with a touch of tobacco. It also lasts a long time but

isn't as good at covering 'mones as Weekend.

Incidentally, women, espeically younger women, seem to love

both scents as I get lots of comments when I wear them. :thumbsup:

DeMoKiLL
11-13-2004, 09:25 PM
APC the scent is amazing and

when you put a little perception over it, it keeps the scent for hours! and makes it stronger! I have aqua di gio

and it smells like lemons. The only thing I don't like about apc is, its oil, you can't put it on your clothes and

when you put it on your skin it makes it all greasy and gives you a feeling like you've been sweating for a while.

But I just be careful with clothes and put perception over it and apc works for me.

blkgost
11-14-2004, 03:09 AM
If your into spicy scents, you

can't go wrong with Gucci. I don't even know why I bought it, I can't even give it away to any of my friends, not

that it smells bad, its just strong spicewise Vera Wang is also good.

phersurf
11-16-2004, 12:52 PM
I'm getting ready to buy some

Amouage. I recently smelled all 3 fragrences and like Dia the best.

But my question is which fragrence is

going to get he most responses from women?

DCW
11-16-2004, 01:02 PM
I'm getting ready to

buy some Amouage. I recently smelled all 3 fragrences and like Dia the best.

But my question is which

fragrence is going to get he most responses from women?

The smell of money. :rofl:

I've

gotten a good response with all of them.

DCW

bjf
11-16-2004, 01:09 PM
I think the younger crowd likes DIA

the best. Seems to be the favorite among a lot of people on the forum.

pheromack
11-16-2004, 05:21 PM
I think chanel platinum

egoiste,cool waters and Issey Miyake are the best colognes and have an almost pheromone like effect on women.

Darkman84
11-18-2004, 12:59 AM
Obsession. This is a long time

favorite of mine and mixes well with Pheros, by the Doc. Smells great, lasts a while, spray it on your clothes

without washing and you still smell it weeks, yes, weeks later. I also like Burberry and the Issey Miyake original.

Haven't tried the "summer" version, but heard it's even better.

kryptogram
11-18-2004, 03:27 PM
Anyone know if Amouge is sold

in department stores?

bjf
11-18-2004, 03:34 PM
They have it Bergdoff Goodman

(splling) in NY. I assume you might be in the city?

kryptogram
11-18-2004, 03:42 PM
Yes- NYC - thanks

Funny -

checked online - not there - guess I'll have to actually go in the store......

bjf
11-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Yea, go to the store. When I went

last year, they ran out of gold, and it took them five months to get it back in.

They actually get a lot of

requests for it.

Fuse
11-18-2004, 06:59 PM
Has anyone ever used Clive Christian

X? It goes for about $650 for a 30 ml bottle. I'm interested as to what is so special about this one.

bjf
11-18-2004, 07:07 PM
http://www.basenotes.net/brands/clivechristian.html

Interestingly enough, it is available at

Bergdorf Goodman's. Krypt, if you go to check out amouage, will you check out these for us?

sito
11-21-2004, 06:37 PM
I stick mainly to Acqua Di Gio and

Bvlgari, but my mother recently put me onto the Avon line of colognes and they are pretty good for the price. The

best one that gets me MANY compliments and hits(without mones) is Mesmerize by Avon. People looking for low-cost

alternatives for colognes should give Avon a try.

jub
11-22-2004, 07:06 PM
ONE MAN SHOW by Jacques Bogart

Launched by the design house of Jacques Bogart in 1980, ONE MAN SHOW by Jacques Bogart is classified as a

luxurious fragrance. This masculine scent posesses a blend of: dry woods with hints of moss and tobacco. It is

recommended for romantic wear.

Quite good for all those lone romantic hunters I must say.

Fuse
11-24-2004, 12:40 AM
I just ordered a bottle of Amouage

Dia from parfumsraffy.com

I haven't smelled it yet, but Friendly1 highly recommends and he's never steered

me in the wrong direction. I've also ordered the men's samples from Amouage's official website. I want to know

what they all smell like. Maybe I'll like Gold too.

I haven't been able to find any Clive Christian

samples. So if anyone comes across them, it would be appreciated if you could post the links. We'll I'll let you

know what I think when the Dia arrives.

phersurf
11-24-2004, 09:51 AM
I just ordered a

bottle of Amouage Dia from parfumsraffy.com

I haven't smelled it yet, but Friendly1 highly recommends and

he's never steered me in the wrong direction. I've also ordered the men's samples from Amouage's official

website. I want to know what they all smell like. Maybe I'll like Gold too.

I haven't been able to find any

Clive Christian samples. So if anyone comes across them, it would be appreciated if you could post the links.

We'll I'll let you know what I think when the Dia arrives.

Parfumes Raffy's store is about 5 miles

from my house. I went there last weekend to sample Amouage.

I liked the Gold, it was very unique, but he Dia

was my favorite.

kryptogram
11-24-2004, 06:41 PM
http://www.basenotes.net/brands/clivechristia

n.html (http://www.basenotes.net/brands/clivechristian.html)

Interestingly enough, it is available at Bergdorf Goodman's. Krypt, if you go to check out

amouage, will you check out these for us?Sorry - i saw this after I actually went to buy the Dia - I'm

probably going to pick up the Gold as well - I will report back on the scents above. FYI - Dia w/ PI has been

PARTICULARLY successfull. :) Several woman I work with have been extremely amourous and the wife is happy :)

bjf
11-24-2004, 06:55 PM
Cool. How much PI do you use, how

much Dia?

Fuse
11-24-2004, 11:36 PM
Parfumes Raffy's

store is about 5 miles from my house. I went there last weekend to sample Amouage.

I liked the Gold, it was

very unique, but he Dia was my favorite.

I chose them because they guaranteed that all products are

in stock and offered an extensive amount of shipping options. Unfortunately, I placed my order over the weekend and

chose 3-Day Air. It was shipped on Tuesday. Unfortunately, I totally forgot that Thursday was Thansgiving. On top of

that, UPS does not consider the day after Thanksgiving a business day. So I won't get it until next Tuesday

:(

Oh well.. It'll be worth the wait. On another sad note, I just got an e-mail from Amouage.com telling

me that they were out of stock of the men's samples. So looks like I won't be testing out the other Amouage scents

for a couple of weeks.

kryptogram
11-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Cool. How much PI

do you use, how much Dia?
Dab on each wrist - and one each behind the ears (4 total)
spray of DIA on each

forearm and 1 spray on the neck. Actually have used PI & APC in equal amounts - lots of looks, stares & smiles -

I'm pretty social - but some of my male coworkers have been joking about it - so it's not all in my mind. :lol:

One BIG negative has been my secretary who has been overly attentive and flirtatous.

chococat
11-25-2004, 11:40 PM
I love Lolita Lempicka for men.

Angel for men is another luscious one. My brother smelled really wonderful the other day, so I asked him what he

was wearing. He had simply used some sort of Patchouli bodywash, I believe it was Kiss My Face Peaceful Patchouli.

It wasn't an obtrusive scent at all, so I would recommend it as a supplement to your natural scent!

chococat
11-25-2004, 11:47 PM
Lolita Lempicka for men:
Green

Accords, Ivy Green, Absinthe, Aniseed Water, Violet Flower, Violet Wood, Cashmere Wood, Cedar Wood, Vetiver, Citrus,

Olive Wood.

Angel for

men:
peppermint,

patchouli and lavender combined with middle notes of tonka, coffee and vanilla with a base of musk, chocolate and

caramel

I'd say these are both winners as far as "sexy"

smells go. I basically begged an old boyfriend of mine to buy the Lolita Lempicka. I'd seek out

licorice/anise/absinthe based colognes if I were you, as the licorice scent is a provn turnon for women. I had no

idea that Lolita Lempicka for men had such heavy licorice notes in it until I looked up the notes. Not surprising

at all!

Fuse
11-27-2004, 02:32 AM
They were having a special at work

today for day after Thanksgiving sale. All fragrances were buy 1, get 1 free. So I chose Hugo Boss #6, and Ralph

Lauren Polo Sport. They were both both $40 scents, so I ended up paying $20 a piece. What a deal! Anyway, I like the

scent of Polo Sport a lot.

I also tested Joop! When I first sprayed it on my wrist, it seemed a little too

much on the feminine side. But after a couple of minutes of being on my skin, I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. It

worked really well on my skin. One of the girls I work with agreed with me. She said Angel was her favorite

cologne.

On a side note, I may have gotten a pretty good hit from her today. We were testing out scents

together and became very flirty. She then asked me "Well what do you wear? I'm looking for something for my

boyfriend?" This could have been just friendly talk. But the fact that she wanted to get her boyfriend the same

cologne that I was wearing lead me to believe that maybe the pheromones influenced it. Tonight I was wearing 4 dabs

of TE (2 on neck, 1 on each wrist), 4 dabs of Pheros (same place I applied the TE), 2 sprays of Perception to neck,

and 1 dab of A-1 split behind both ears. Pheros smells so damn good, so I could understand why she wanted me to

reveal my secret. I just told her it couldn't be bought in stores. Anyway, I had a very good day at work with the

mones. One girl I work with seems heavily influenced by them, and we've been flirting A LOT lately. I'm talking

deep eye contact kinda stuff.

Anyway, I didn't mean to get off topic. Bottom line, I'd give Polo Sport a

shot. It's nothing out of the ordinary, but it smells great.

DCW
11-27-2004, 08:10 AM
I'm buying the full Dia later this

week.
Anyone ever tried Tweed?

DCW

kaiser76
12-07-2004, 01:47 AM
Anyone tried Happy by Clinique?

The young ladies seem to love it. i usually wear BLV and New West. seems to go well with my body chemistry.

Numanoid
12-07-2004, 07:49 AM
Anyone tried

Happy by Clinique? The young ladies seem to love it. i usually wear BLV and New West. seems to go well with my body

chemistry.I've tried Happy before. Very light and citrus like...very nice for warmer weather.

kaiser76
12-07-2004, 09:04 AM
I've tried

Happy before. Very light and citrus like...very nice for warmer weather.
I agree. Think its more of a

"day' fragrance

phersurf
12-07-2004, 09:49 AM
I'm buying the full

Dia later this week.
Anyone ever tried Tweed?

DCW

Do you mean Green Irish Tweed from

Creed?

If so, I think it rivals Amouage Dia (and I like it much more than Gold). There is another Creed that

has a little more citris that is also very good but more of a Summer scent.

Donovan
12-07-2004, 10:04 AM
It seems most prefer

Amouage Dia vs Gold.
I like Dia, but it is not in the same league as Amouage Gold.
JMHO.

kaiser76
12-07-2004, 10:17 AM
It seems most

prefer Amouage Dia vs Gold.
I like Dia, but it is not in the same league as Amouage Gold.
JMHO.
Just

surfed and found out that Dia and Gold costs 175 euros for a 50ml bottle?? :blink:

That's a lot to pay for a

fragrance isn't it?

phersurf
12-07-2004, 10:37 AM
It seems most

prefer Amouage Dia vs Gold.
I like Dia, but it is not in the same league as Amouage

Gold.
JMHO.

I got a sample of Gold from Parfumes Raffy and wore it to work one day last week. I

polled about 30 women of all ages and cultures and the overwhelming reaction was that it was too powdery and

unmasculine.

Interesting to note was that the few that liked it were some software engineers (not that what

they do for a living makes any difference) from India.

phersurf
12-07-2004, 10:40 AM
THe next day I wore a sample of

Green Irish Tweed and I thought many of the same women from the day before were going to atack me :)

I still

haven't tried Dia yet.

DCW
12-07-2004, 01:04 PM
THe next day I wore a

sample of Green Irish Tweed and I thought many of the same women from the day before were going to atack me

:)

I still haven't tried Dia yet.

Tweed sounds wicked, they have the 4oz on sale here in

town, Dia is out of stock because of this fourm :frustrate
I'm going to put both on my shopping

list.

DCW

oscar
12-07-2004, 01:54 PM
DCW,

How much is the 4 oz. Green

Irish Tweed?
Unlike the Amouage line there are a lot of good deals on Creed products online.

Oscar :)

phersurf
12-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Tweed sounds wicked,

they have the 4oz on sale here in town, Dia is out of stock because of this fourm :frustrate

DCW

Interesting that you say that. The guy that owns Parfums Raffy in LA says his Amouage

sales have made a jump (mostly online sales) in the last 1-2 months.

Could this forum have that much power!

DCW
12-07-2004, 02:29 PM
Interesting that you

say that. The guy that owns Parfums Raffy in LA says his Amouage sales have made a jump (mostly online sales) in the

last 1-2 months.

Could this forum have that much power!

Yes, that and word of mouth so

expect a price increase in the near future IMHO.

DCW

DCW
12-07-2004, 02:37 PM
DCW,

How much is

the 4 oz. Green Irish Tweed?
Unlike the Amouage line there are a lot of good deals on Creed products online.

$138.00!!!! they are overstocked get your stoday!!!

DCW

oscar
12-07-2004, 02:58 PM
$138.00!!!! they are

overstocked get your stoday!!!

DCW
DCW,

Thanks!

But it's no wonder they're overstocked.

I bought my last bottle for a little more than 60 bucks at

www.theperfumespot.com (http://www.theperfumespot.com/).

The stuff took two days to get to me and

there were four free samples in the box.

Here's the page for

Green Irish Tweed. (http://store.yahoo.com/theperfumespot/awcgit4s.html)

DCW
12-07-2004, 03:03 PM
DCW,

Thanks!

But it's no wonder they're overstocked. I bought my last bottle for a little more than 60 bucks at

www.theperfumespot.com (http://www.theperfumespot.com/).

The stuff took two days to get to me

and there were four free samples in the box.

Here's the page for

Green Irish Tweed. (http://store.yahoo.com/theperfumespot/awcgit4s.html)

Oscar

Damn you guys are fast!!
I was just about to post that same site saying that they have

a better deal!!! :cheers:

Is the site for real!!! Quality wise?

DCW

Red Stripe
12-07-2004, 03:20 PM
For anyone looking at an

alternative, Curve is almost a dead ringer for GIT and much less expensive.

http://www.scentiments.com/scentiments/find.asp?mscssid=D313PSAGHGW98P821CCS62B0X8M84RP6

Scentiments.com also has Silver mountain water in stock for $36 unboxed. Less than 20 for a 4oz of curve..

DCW
12-07-2004, 03:26 PM
Damn you guys are

fast!!
I was just about to post that same site saying that they have a better deal!!! :cheers:

Is the

site for real!!! Quality wise?

DCW

The dude at Raffy said that he is getting call daily

about fake bottles of Tweed circulating everywhere, those who bought it before often can tell the difference newbees

like myself may
not.
I gave him the price of $63.02 and he said "thats crazy we can't even buy it for that."

So who the hell know.

DCW

phersurf
12-07-2004, 03:44 PM
The dude at Raffy

said that he is getting call daily about fake bottles of Tweed circulating everywhere, those who bought it before

often can tell the difference newbees like myself may
not.
I gave him the price of $63.02 and he said "thats

crazy we can't even buy it for that."
So who the hell know.

DCW

I've been in his

store a couple of times and he seems like a straight shooter.

He sells the 1 oz size of GIT for $90, so $63

for 4 oz seems like it's too good to be true.

oscar
12-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Gents,

I once ordered the bundle

of Creed samples from ParfumsRaffy and it contained a sample of what I assume to be genuine Creed Green Irish Tweed.

I've also sampled the fragrance at Lord & Taylor and checked out the packaging. I have no reason to believe that

the bottle I got from theperfumespot is anything other than the genuine article. The fragrance and the packaging are

exactly what they're supposed to be.

I'll stand by my recommendation.

DCW
12-08-2004, 11:38 AM
Gents,

I once

ordered the bundle of Creed samples from ParfumsRaffy and it contained a sample of what I assume to be genuine Creed

Green Irish Tweed. I've also sampled the fragrance at Lord & Taylor and checked out the packaging. I have no reason

to believe that the bottle I got from theperfumespot is anything other than the genuine article. The fragrance and

the packaging are exactly what they're supposed to be.

I'll stand by my recommendation.

Oscar

Sounds good, I'm tempted, how does it hold up does it have a lasting quality on the

skin?

DCW

Red Stripe
12-08-2004, 02:51 PM
They have got a great rep...

http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide/cust_reviews__mid--31580.html
as does Scentiments...

http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide/cust_reviews__mid--24777.html

bottomfisher
12-12-2004, 07:58 PM
Based on info on this

subject above, I bought Very Sexy by Victoria's Secret and Amourage Gold. I prefer Very Sexy. You can get a

sample of 4 Amourage male scents for $25 on their site. Very Sexy lasts, goes well with all the products from

love-scent. I found Amourage too sweet and did not last that long.... but I continue to test.

bottomfisher
12-12-2004, 08:06 PM
If you want to try some of

the cologne's above ask the online fragrance store to sell you a sample bottle or a tester. Testers sometimes do

not have box, but very inexpensive.

phersurf
12-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Interesting that you found

Amouage Gold not very long lasting. When I tried it it lasted all day.

I bought Amouage Dia last week and

think it's the best thing I ever smelled! I like it a lot better than Gold. Since the Amouage fragrences are so

complex and different than most other fragrences, they do take a while time to get used to.

bottomfisher
12-12-2004, 08:08 PM
Regarding Amourage Gold and

Amourage Dia, I have the sample vials of both, hands down Gold is better, very much a richer warmer sweeter smell.

Dia is more of a citris and kind of reminds me a little of fir sap, not my favorite.

Friendly1
12-12-2004, 09:10 PM
Regarding

Amourage Gold and Amourage Dia, I have the sample vials of both, hands down Gold is better, very much a richer

warmer sweeter smell. Dia is more of a citris and kind of reminds me a little of fir sap, not my

favorite.Different strokes for different folks.

I am sure that women are divided in their preferences

between these two fragrances, too. We need to be comfortable with the scents we wear. And a little flexible.

bottomfisher
12-13-2004, 02:56 PM
Gold smell like flowers

(roses) when I first put it on. Dia smells like I have been using solvent, I don't like Dia. Ciel smells the

best on me for daytime, and Gold for night.

bottomfisher
12-13-2004, 03:02 PM
Friendly1 hit the nail on

the head. See which ones the ladies like, and then use it. Right now Alter Ego with a Jovan Musk cover works best

for me. Women all over me including my wife. I bought about 7 new colognes off the internet to experiment with new

covers.

I must admit, Amourage Gold is very intoxicating. I really like wearing it. It is strong when first

applied but mellows out to a very smooth cover. I will do some "hit testing" and get the results back to this board

or other boards.

Numanoid
12-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Personally I like the Dia for

daytime wear (during warmer weather). It's not as elegant smelling as Gold. I'd wear Gold to a formal event.

bottomfisher
12-13-2004, 06:29 PM
I just received Bulgari

pour Homme today and really like it. It is light with soft sweet smell and hint of spice and musk. Top notes

include Orange Blossom, Blackcurrant Flower, Darjeeling Tea, Water Lily. Bottom notes are Transparent Amber and

Musk

I am using it as cover for Alter Ego tonight, will let you know the results.

Whoever gave me the tip on

www.basenotes.com (http://www.basenotes.com), it is a great cologne reference site! Thanks again.

DCW
12-14-2004, 02:18 PM
I just bought the Creed samples from

Raffy, I may buy Dia in January because I have some samples left.
Anyone ever tried Crown?
I pass a bunch of

discount purfume stores on my way home from work so I'll check for any samples to try.

DCW