PDA

View Full Version : Good Coverscents...

real_wiseman
09-14-2004, 03:34 AM
Hi guys,
I

recently sampled the new scent from Thierry Mugler called "B*Men" and it is a *really* good

coverscent.

Actually, Mugler's scent "Cologne" is also a good coverscent. Somewhere in both good old Thierry

have notes that blend very well with mones.

// w

camusflage
09-14-2004, 11:02 AM
Agreed! A*Men is also quite a

good cover scent, as the base notes will outlast all but the most odious -none OD. I haven't yet had a chance to

sample BMen, but I hope to very soon, having been quite impressed with both A*Men and Cologne.

InternationalPlayboy
09-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Haven't sampled any

Thierry Mugler products but have seen a lot of praise for A*Men on these boards. I can't help thinking that they

don't use much imagination for their names though.

A*Men
B*Men
Cologne

I predict their next

product will be called "C*Men" or maybe "Smelly Stuff." :)

Seriously though, I think I'll have to sample

some of their products. Are they available in department stores like Dillard's, or would I have to go to a more

high end store for them? Dillard's and Mervyn's are as high end as it gets in these parts.

real_wiseman
09-15-2004, 01:15 AM
Actually I think A*Men was

supposed to be "Angel for Men" since the feminine scent from Mugler is called "Angel".

What B in "B*Men

stands for I have no clue...

Btw, Try YSL M7 also, a very good coverscent. I used it for unscented TE and

it blends really well with M7

// w

camusflage
09-15-2004, 10:04 AM
M7 is some truly amazing

juice.. I picked it up before any local department stores did, and I absolutely fell in love with the stuff. With

cooler weather coming, scents such as M7 and Envy (another deep and brooding scent) can be cycled back in with more

regularity.

If you see M7 Fresh, don't bother. I took a whiff of it, and commented to the salesperson that

it was like a neutered version of M7. Minus the ginger and agarwood, what's the point of the scent?

Holmes
09-15-2004, 10:18 AM
I love the KenzoAir.

Goddamn!

And the John Varvatos.

Numanoid
09-15-2004, 12:14 PM
I

tried some Cologne by Therry Mugler a few days ago...it's powdery smelling to me. It's Unisex but I think it

smells a little more masculine than feminine. I'll get some eventually.

With

cooler weather coming, scents such as M7 and Envy (another deep and brooding scent) can be cycled back in with more

regularity.
Some other nice cool weather scents are Spark by Liz Claiborne and Diesel Zero Plus. I haven't

worn Diesel with TE yet but Spark doesn't do a good job of covering the smell too well in my opinion. I could still

smell it.

blkgost
09-15-2004, 12:33 PM
One more post then its back to

work :-D

My ultimate summer scent: Silver Mountain Water by House of Creed. Even w/o pheros I get great

responses

My ultimate winter scent: PI for men by Givency. Can't help but to wear it seeing my last name

has the same pronnuciation just spelled differently. Makes for a cheesy line when a woman inquires about what I'm

wearing

My ultimate all-round scent: Kenneth Cole Black. Clean Crisp and the scent that comes with

Perception reminds me of it.........

Wohoooooooo post 60

camusflage
09-15-2004, 01:08 PM
I was quite surprised by

Spark.. I was moved enough to buy a .5 oz travel kit with ASB and shower gel. Understand this is quite a commitment

for something as mass-market as Spark. :)

SMW is indeed an excellent summer scent. Creed just has so many

wonderful colognes it's tough to pick. The only one I've not been terribly enthusiastic about was Himalaya, which

had a bit too strong of a rose note for my tastes. I like rose, don't get me wrong. I actually wear scented SOE

with Rose EO once in a while, but Himalaya was just too much to make it into the collection.

blkgost
09-15-2004, 02:04 PM
SMW is

indeed an excellent summer scent. Creed just has so many wonderful colognes it's tough to pick. The only one I've

not been terribly enthusiastic about was Himalaya, which had a bit too strong of a rose note for my tastes. I like

rose, don't get me wrong. I actually wear scented SOE with Rose EO once in a while, but Himalaya was just too much

to make it into the collection.

Lucky you I only know of one store in the Detroit area that

carries Creed's line, and they only had green tweed (think thats the name) and SMW. I'm looking into ordering

some more items from the House of Creed online if stores around here don't straighten up and get something in the

higher end line of fragrances other than Vera Wang

einstein
09-15-2004, 06:07 PM
I believe Thierry Mugler's is

called A*Men in England, but had to change it to Angel for the US due to copyright. I saw it on basenotes a while

ago.

Most of the colognes you guys are discussing are big on basenotes also, like M7, all the Creeds, Kenzoair

oscar
09-15-2004, 06:16 PM
Gents,

One online retailer who carries several Creed fragrances with whom I've done business is

ThePerfumeSpot.com (http://store.yahoo.com/theperfumespot/creedproducts.html) (Link is set up to go

directly to Creed page.)

The times that I've ordered from them they've delivered in as little as two days

using the cheapest shipping option, and have thrown in some interesting samples to boot. Their current prices for

Silver Mountain Water, Green Irish Tweed, and Tabarome are about half of what one might see them selling for in an

upscale department store. There MAY actually be places on the net where you can buy Creed even cheaper, but I can

vouch for ThePerfumeSpot's reliability. And no, I'm NOT an affiliate! ;)

ParfumsRaffy has a better selection,

but their prices are outrageous by comparison.

Oscar :)

ToxDoc
09-15-2004, 08:32 PM
My personal

favourites:

Daytime & office: Lancome Miracle & Benetton Sport
Evening & night: Sander & Gucci

Envy

Unfortunately none of the above mixes well with Chikara. As a matter of fact, I have not come across

any that does. It is perhaps best to use no cover scent at all with Chikara.

real_wiseman
09-16-2004, 01:32 AM
Unfortunately The Perfume

Spot doesn't accept international orders, but it looked interesting anyway.

Numanoid
09-16-2004, 07:14 AM
As a matter of

fact, I have not come across any that does. It is perhaps best to use no cover scent at all with Chikara.I

think Weekend by Burberry's smells something like Chikara, once it dries. But I also think that it's best to

wear Chikara without a cover scent. It's good enough on its own.

And - Perfumebay.com has a clearance

section with very reasonable prices. I got some Diesel Zero Plus for $17.95 not long ago.

real_wiseman
09-20-2004, 02:08 AM
I think that B*Men is the

last of this partucular line of scents from Mugler...

Would you wear a scent called

C*Men?

LoL

// w

InternationalPlayboy
09-20-2004, 06:31 AM
I think that B*Men is the last of this partucular line of scents from Mugler...

Would

you wear a scent called C*Men?

LoL

// w

LOL! That name didn't even appear to me like

that until your post. LOL!

blkgost
03-27-2006, 07:03 PM
I have another to add to the

list

Tommy Bahamma is the sh*t!!!!!

bronzie
03-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Has anyone ever tried from

Armani- black code?

the women just love that scent, its very vanilla and other things that i cant remember,

but i do remember the department store sellout and no stock from girls buying that scent for thier boyfriends, guess

its what they like, that we like to wear? we satisfy thier narsistic senses!

gucci envy is the best for

night use, but it is better for colder weather

anyone have any luck with the smelly amouage range? they can

be really unpredictable, one girl says nice, another, discusting and overpowering....and very middle

eastern

personally, and this is not prejudice from me, i dont like scents that are produced and designed in

the usa, they seem to be to aqua and do not last, eg DKNY, i use as bathroom freshener now, and the really nasty

calvien clien stuff, really shallow and no depth

i much prefer european scents and even japanese