PDA

View Full Version : An interesting hit..

camusflage
09-13-2004, 11:07 AM
I had a very

unusual hit last Thursday while out doing the Salsa thing. As I was sitting at the bar, I noticed two ladies. One

was sitting at the bar with her friend, while her friend was standing and moving with the music. When the friend

ducked away, I seized the opportunity to go up to her and ask her to dance. She looked amused at first, saying she

had no idea what she was doing. I reassured her, and she got up and started learning a couple of basic salsa moves

through the next two songs (which she picked up fairly readily) along with a bit of merengue too. Her friend

returned shortly, and I did some dancing with her as well. When we went back to their spot at the bar, the first

girl I danced with said she was waiting for her boyfriend to show up. I quickly wandered off and left them

alone.

Some time after the boyfriend showed up, the three left together. I was sitting at the bar having a

cigarette and rehydrating myself. When passing as they were leaving, the lady, in full view of her boyfriend, gave

me a squeeze on the shoulder and said it was nice meeting me. Needless to say, I was almost shocked speechless by

this! Unfortunately, I couldn't track them long before going around the corner because I'd have loved to have seen

what the boyfriend's body language looked like after that!

I was wearing four inches of SOE and three sprays

of Chikara, applied in early evening, overlaying two small dabs of PI/m applied in the morning, along with a

moderate application of Balenciaga's Cristobal pour Homme. As a woody "gourmand" scent, cut from the same cloth as

A*Men, Lempicka, Rochas Man, and Animale Animale, Chikara mixes beautifully with it. Now that cooler weather is on

the horizon here, such scents can be put into more regular rotation.

Traggard
09-13-2004, 11:18 AM
Hm,

English is not my first language so I have to ask. Is a squeeze on a shoulder like a mini hug, or is it a kiss on

the shoulder?

camusflage
09-13-2004, 11:23 AM
Hm, English is not my first language so I have to ask. Is a squeeze on a

shoulder like a mini hug, or is it a kiss on the shoulder?
Neither.. Just a hand laid on

the shoulder and a quick squeeze of it. In this case, the first non-dancing body contact.

Traggard
09-13-2004, 11:35 AM
Ok, but is that really a hit?

Things like that happens to me without any pheromones. I never interpreted it as anything sexual, just friendly

behaviour.

Pancho1188
09-13-2004, 11:43 AM
I've said it was nice to meet

someone. I've said it was nice to meet someone while shaking their hand and maybe patting them on the back if I'm

in that position. I've never squeezed someone's shoulder while doing so...

...but she might've been really

friendly...

...I'd say a friendly one would've been a touch on the arm, back, or shoulder...but the squeeze

probably shows a hit.

Just guessing, though...

Traggard
09-13-2004, 11:59 AM
I guess the real reference is

what is out of the ordinary for being you. So if you experience it as something unusual I guess it is a hit.

bjf
09-13-2004, 12:01 PM
Traggard, that is a hit, in this

culture at least.

camusflage
09-13-2004, 12:11 PM
If not for the boyfriend, I

wouldn't have thought anything out of the ordinary.. With the boyfriend there, that's what pushed it over the edge

for me. Now granted, I've grown accustomed to A LOT of attention. Hell, I only post about the interesting or

obvious stuff any more. I felt this one fell under the former.

Holmes
09-13-2004, 12:11 PM
Traggard, that is a

hit, in this culture at least.

As opposed to the kind in Mafia culture. :lol:

DrSmellThis
09-13-2004, 12:23 PM
The only way one person can

judge whether their own hits are due to pheromones is over time. But it would be helpful if Mr Traggard boned

up on the research, since he is appealing to scientific skepticism so much. We have a whole forum dedicated to it

now, so it's easy to find.