PDA

View Full Version : How does extreme heat affect pheros?

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 07:07 PM
I remember a while ago people on the board talked about how extreme heat can kill pheros. I had a small amount of PI and PF that I left in my car for a few hot days. Does anyone know if they will still work?

PS - Be sure to put those caps on tight. Pheromol Factors tends to leak easily if the cap isn\'t on tight.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 07:07 PM
Sorry for the repost, I accidentally resent the post when I hit the back button and then refreshed.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 07:08 PM
This sounds like a question for Chemist. He was referring in one of his post about how to destroy \"mones\". The subject was alcohol but his post implied very high ranges of heat. I live in \"Hell\". Or rather the Tri-State area of the USA (Arizona-Nevada-California) the temps get quit high 52C or 125F plus in the summer months. But I have found that leaving a bottle in the mailbox or the car when temps get real high does not seem to diminish the pheros. Actually when I received my last order of the Edge (thanx again Bruce) it was 115F or so and the mail was dropped off in the AM and I did not retrieve until 4PM or so...it was hot. But I am getting very solid hits. So maybe it may diminish if stored at high temps for long periods of time. But a short interval does not seem to hurt. But it is probably not the best place for storing with high temps all the time.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 07:08 PM
Pheromones are not destroyed my alchohol. Extreme heat and in the presence of other substances - some metals or other substances that \"attack\" the structure will most definately break down pheromones. The right set of circumstances would be an extremely acidic or basic environment with the proper reagants - all of these which do not exist in these potions. Extreme heat is possible on a hot day inside a black car. If it\'s hot enough to pop the top off of a sealed soda can, then it\'s hot enough to break down pheromones just by boiling them. However, it\'s more likely that the container will explode the contents of the bottle all over the insides of your car before the pheromones themselves are destroyed.

Some bacteria will break down pheromones when exposed to the atmosphere over time - this can be slowed down by capping your bottle tightly after each use (which you should do anyway) and /or minimizing the contact of skin to bottle contents. I do the first thing, I avoid the second case by premixing my potions in a seperate portable spray container and bring it around with me.

-----
Chemist

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 07:09 PM
Good Idea! -- \"I avoid the second case by premixing my potions in a seperate portable spray container and bring it around with me\"

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 07:09 PM
What about water, you know if it rains or you are, by some rare chance, hit by a tidle wave or something

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 07:10 PM
Water won\'t hurt them at all. It may wash them off - just like it would wash off cologne. PI doesn\'t mix well with water.

-----
Chemist

**DONOTDELETE**
I had the cap off of my Attraction spray bottle for a lng time now (months). I lost it and didnt think anything of it because I didn\'t think anything could evapoate through the spraying mech. Is it pssible that bacteria invaded the bottle and broke done most of the pheromone?

**DONOTDELETE**
Highly unlikey. The cover doesn\'t really do much - except keep the plunger from being pressed while in your pocket.

-----
Chemist

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 07:11 PM
Like most perishables, storing your phero products in a cool, dry place is probably the best bet for long lasting phero-freshness