PDA

View Full Version : New Pheros vs. Old

bjf
09-08-2004, 06:11 PM
For those who have tried

both, what are your thoughts on the newer pheros?

Feedback on

a) smell
b) hits
c) anything

else

would be appreciated!

burgerama1960
09-08-2004, 06:32 PM
the newer pheros gives me a

buzz similar to PI or AE. Smells good, I could not tell ya what notes are different but its good. Hits, I have had

good luck with the old pheros. I have only worn the new stuff twice but did not go out with it yet to test. But it

worked on my wife.

DrSmellThis
09-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Thanks for posting this, bjf.

I'm interested in everyone's feedback on this too.

bjf
09-08-2004, 07:43 PM
welcome, DST :) I'm thinking of

getting one

And thanks for responding Burgerama!

MOBLEYC57
09-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Hello! Hello! Hellooooooo!

Anyone!? Anyone!? Hmmmmmmm....nobody home. Damnit! Wonder where that Cool King is, and his thoughts and

stuff...............:run:

DrSmellThis
09-09-2004, 05:38 PM
Several have already commented

on comparisons between the two, saying that the newer one has more "kick" and "phero buzz" effect, but that the

smell is still recognizable as Pheros. I've noticed more reports of unsolited friendliness so far from

customers in the forum and from my own experience. We haven't heard from Sue in a long while. I wonder how many of

the fifty or so people that tried the beta (I think the average person purchased two bottles or something) even have

the new version yet? Many still have some left, as a little can go a long way, depending on the person.

a.k.a.
09-09-2004, 05:50 PM
I never got in on the Beta.
As

far as the new one goes... Unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to test it in public, but last night I put a dab

between my wrists to see what I thought of it.
The smell is great. I’m not a perfume connoisseur, so i have

nothing to compare it to and no way to describe it. But I felt instantly possessive over it, as in “This is MY

smell.”
I fell asleep sniffing my wrists, had the most vivid erotic dreams and woke up with the hardest

morning wood. (May it work half as well on women.)
This morning I scrubbed my application point with a luffa

sponge but I still perceived a faint, spicy-musky smell throughout the day.

oscar
09-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Mobley,

I believe the reason that

we haven't seen koolking around much is that shortly after his new batch of Pheros arrived he found himself being

Sue'd.
Repeatedly! ;)

bjf,

As you know, but most others probably don't, I had gotten an advance sample

of Pheros from DrSmellThis before the first bottle of batch #1 was even corked. He had put it in a tiny vial that I

guess must have been about half a milliliter or so. So small that a standard eyedropper doesn't fit through the

vial's opening. This vial had evidently contained one of Pheros' more exotic ingredients, because even though he

had cleaned it, whatever residual fragrance that lingered therein enhanced the sample beautifully. When I received

my first bottle of the first batch, I loved it, but it seemed to fall ever so slightly short of the fragrance of my

sample due to what was in essence "contamination" that was imparted by the vial.

Well, maybe it was just the

artiste in him, or (flattering myself) maybe it had some little to do with my feedback about the sample vial, but

for this batch the good doctor has added MORE of the type of ingredient that had originally come in my little vial,

AND has left the product in a considerably more concentrated form. There was nothing wrong with Pheros I in my

opinion. But Pheros II has lots more that's RIGHT about it. It's stronger, it's deeper, it's got lots better

staying power, and though I think it might be my imagination, I believe it has an even better mood enhancing effect

on me than did batch one.

How good is it? When I'm sitting here at the computer scanning the forum or trying to

pretend to be that pretty operator on the Live Help Online on the L-S store site, I usually put a nice dab on the

backs of my hands just so I can enjoy it. In the morning it has the signature Pheros scent, by mid afternoon it's a

blend of fragrances, some Pheros, some me, some of the exotic basenotes. By evening it's just me and the animals.

Deep, dark, forbidding.

It's too good to waste. I wear just enough for ME to enjoy. Nobody I know would

appreciate this scent as much as I do. Let 'em buy their own bottle. I want to make mine last forever. I would say

that it's a "special occasion" scent, but I'd have a hard time thinking of what occasion might be special enough

for me to actually wear it as a "broadcast fragrance". I can probably get three or four self-indulgence applications

for every broadcast application that I might apply.

I'll be the first to admit that this stuff has got me

teetering VERY near the edge. ;)

Don't even ASK what it LOOKS like!

Oscar :)

DrSmellThis
09-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the detailed and

descriptive post, Oscar! I did use your feedback for the upgrade, as I did others'.

You and AKA are reminding

me of Gollum a little bit! ;) It's weird, though, as I sort of know that "possessive" feeling too. That's why I

often put it on my face, because I wear it for myself as well as for others. It is the kind of thing I've worn even

if I knew I wouldn't see anyone -- warming, cheerful, and comforting. Part of that is from the sandalwood, but

it's more intense. My ex-girlfriend smelled the outside of the master jug yesterday and made some grunting noises.

So I asked her what was up with that, and she said, "It brings out the animal in me." That would be the type of

reaction I'd hope for from it. I'm wondering if the type (not just degree) of reaction varies with dose.

MOBLEYC57
09-11-2004, 05:52 AM
"Testing...1..2..3...testing.

The mic's on? :blink: Okay, here we go...Bump me tenderrrrrrr, bump me true...bump me til I get answers from

youuuuuuuu." Niiiiiiiiice voice, Mobley!:run:

bjf
09-21-2004, 09:11 PM
_________Bump

MOBLEYC57
09-22-2004, 07:28 PM
PHEROS: Yesterday a woman I’d never met before tapped

me on the shoulder and asked me to dance... at a party where nobody else was dancing, while I had my arm around my

girlfriend, and Portishead was on the stereo. I was wearing the new Pheros. Very potent IMO. One dab split between

either side of my neck. My girlfriend couldn't get enouch of me. Women were very friendly, in a soft spoken,

attentive kind of way (vs. the chatty, animated friendliness you get with SOE.) Not a lot of smiling eye contact,

but a lot of sly sideways glances. This stuff is wicked.

[colo

r=#000000]Nobody’s forced to believe me, and nobody’s forced to believe they’re going to get the same results with

the same product. I just want to have my bragging rights. (A.K.A.)
[/color]Kooooooooool

King!:whip: Where are ya man!? Hiding under yer bed from yer Sue!?:run: Since you be using dee stuff fer long time

and tis well known in dese parts that ya like dee product, vas vondering yer toughts on dee differences of the Old &

New Pheros man? If yer don't mind sharing man. :cheers:

Tanks!

DrSmellThis
09-23-2004, 10:42 PM
...a little bird told me that

Sue and KK have not yet tried the new brew, but are planning on it soon. I hope the little bird doesn't mind

me saying so. Hopefully they will let us know when they have information to share.

koolking1
09-24-2004, 04:36 AM
Hi Everyone!!! We have yet

to order the new Pheros due to financial complications - we had intended to order 10 bottles so that Sue would have

a good long supply of it. Who knows, I may wear it myself just to experiment. We'll likely just get two bottles

for now. I suspect we'll have some Pheros "reports" out around next weekend (much needed 4 day weekend for us) -

headed to Buffalo and Niagara Falls for the Bills/Pats game so there should be plenty of opportunities for

testing.