PDA

View Full Version : Grow Taller?

TheViking
09-06-2004, 08:08 AM
Hallois

Today is my

20th birthday and I'm 176 cm while my brother (27yo) is 186 cm and my sister (24yo) is 177 cm tall. I'm not sure

if my lower height is because I have inhereted other genes or if it's because of lack of sleep during my youth, bad

diet or something else, but I'm now trying to grow taller..

Two weeks ago I started with some stretching

exercises morning and night every day. During the first week I also visited my physiotherapist (Ki-Chi) and he did

something to actiacte some glands which is suppose to produce growth hormones. So far I can't say that I have grown

noticably, but tonight I'm starting the more advanced part of my stretching program.

The stretching program can

be found here: http://ak360.741.com/GrowTaller.htm

Please let

me know if you have tried any grow taller products/methods and with what results?
Or maybe you know something

scientifically etc that would be of interest?

Well, all feedback greatly appreciated :D

oscar
09-06-2004, 09:10 AM
Viking,

There was a very similar

question posed a little while back. Maybe you can get some suggestions from

this thread. (http://pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4308&highlight=taller)

Oscar :)

Holmes
09-06-2004, 10:23 AM
A lot of the links in that thread

lead to scams, including a couple that I originally posted (hey, I was young...).

The only one that

might work is that Wendi hypnosis program, which is supposed to facilitate the re-opening of the growth

plates. Stranger things have been accomplished through hypnosis.

Stretching/yoga is good. Swimming is good.

Jumping rope is good.

The Alexander Technique is great for posture and body alignment.

ManBeast
09-06-2004, 12:19 PM
I don't get it... Yes being

taller can help in some situations... But at 5'7" I've NEVER let it stop me. I'll flirt with anything I find

sexy, I think I can pull it off because, even though I'm shorter than they are, due to my mass, I still appear way

larger than they do. That is the big issue with a lot of tall girls, they want to feel "protected" and if the guy is

shorter than them and a smaller guy, it's hard for them to feel safe... but a short guy that's bigger can easily

provide that :D

MB

TheViking
09-06-2004, 01:24 PM
A lot of the

links in that thread lead to scams, including a couple that I originally posted (hey, I was young...).

The only one that might work is that Wendi hypnosis program, which is supposed to facilitate the re-opening

of the growth plates. Stranger things have been accomplished through hypnosis.

Stretching/yoga is good. Swimming

is good. Jumping rope is good.

The Alexander Technique is great for posture and body alignment.Is

stretching/yoga, swimming and jumping rope just good in general or good for gaining height?
Hmm.. hypnosis sounds a

bit strange to me, but if the stretching thing i'm doing now doesn't work i'll guess I will try that also..

I

tried sending an e-mail to the b-growth user in the other thread also, so i hope to get some feedback from him.

Taking pills to grow sounds a bit scary though..

I don't get it... Yes being taller can help in

some situations... But at 5'7" I've NEVER let it stop me. I'll flirt with anything I find sexy, I think I can

pull it off because, even though I'm shorter than they are, due to my mass, I still appear way larger than they do.

That is the big issue with a lot of tall girls, they want to feel "protected" and if the guy is shorter than them

and a smaller guy, it's hard for them to feel safe... but a short guy that's bigger can easily provide that

:DWell, everything in life isn't about dating women (allthough a lot ;)).. One of my main reasons for

wanting to grow taller is because I want to improve my abilities in volleyball.. I'm 5 feet 9-10 inches and that

makes it very difficult to play volleyball on a higher level, and makes beach volleyball especially difficult since

jumping abilites are way more decreased in sand..

Holmes
09-06-2004, 02:17 PM
Viking,

B-Growth is a HUGE

scam. It's a worthless (not to mention expensive) product, as are all the others of its

ilk.

Stretching, swimming, jumping rope, etc., are especially good for height increase because they

facilitate your own GH production/release and, over time, they actually cause bone remodeling.

Some people

even do things like hanging or kicking with ankle weights. Whatever blows your hair back.

The hypnosis might

actually be worth a try. It makes sense in theory. And hypnosis itself ain't that scary.

ManBeast
09-06-2004, 02:45 PM
If you are just looking for

jumping height... Try plyometric training. It is amazing what it will do for anyone if applied properly, be sure to

find a good coach because you can also seriously injure yourself if you don't have perfect form.

MB

TheViking
09-06-2004, 05:28 PM
Holmes: Yep, my stretching

program does contain a little bit of "hanging around" ;)

MB: Well, I would like to increase the height also,

since beach volleyball doesn't work well with jumping.. And of course, gaining height does have it's social

advantages. I don't want to grow way tall, but if i could add 10 cm to my height I would never complain about my

height ever again.. I just find it so strange that my brother is 10 cm taller than me.. Might just be we got dealt

different cards from the genepool, but still I don't like being that much lower...

Anyways, I'm off to bed

now. Will do my stretches first of course ;)

ManBeast
09-06-2004, 05:41 PM
Here's the "layout" for myself

and my siblings.
Me (22 years old): 5'7" very thick build.
Bro (20 years old): 6'1" very lanky build.
Sister

(18 years old): 5'2.5" hourglass build.

Yes... we all have the same mother and father. Dad was 6'3" and thick

build. Mom was 5'2" and had an hourglass figure. Genetics are fun aren't they? :D

MB

Holmes
09-06-2004, 06:03 PM
Here's the

"layout" for myself and my siblings.
Me (22 years old): 5'7" very thick build.
Bro (20 years old): 6'1" very

lanky build.
Sister (18 years old): 5'2.5" hourglass build.

Yes... we all have the same mother and

father. Dad was 6'3" and thick build. Mom was 5'2" and had an hourglass figure. Genetics are fun aren't they?

:D

If "fun" is French for "suck," then yes.

ManBeast
09-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Hah, you would think I would be

really pissed, and I used to be... But honestly I'm built perfectly to lift weights like a mofo... and I love doing

it. So I'm a very happy person these days, and I really think embracing my build (over accepting it) helped my

confidence a ton.

MB

Holmes
09-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Hah, you would

think I would be really pissed, and I used to be... But honestly I'm built perfectly to lift weights like a mofo...

and I love doing it. So I'm a very happy person these days, and I really think embracing my build (over accepting

it) helped my confidence a ton.

That's a great attitude.

belgareth
09-08-2004, 03:47 AM
Here's an interesting, related

article.

Height Doesn't Influence Kids' Popularity:

Study

Tue Sep 7,10:29 AM ET

By Charnicia E. Huggins

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Parents of a short child who believe

growth hormone therapy will better his or her social life may be mistaken, new study findings suggest.

Among lower and upper grade students in one public school district

in New York City, height had little effect on which children were the most popular or who had the most friends.

The "good news" of the study is that "teens see through physical

characteristics," lead study author Dr. David E. Sandberg, of the State University of New York at Buffalo, told

Reuters Health.

"A person's height on its own tells us nothing

about how well that individual is liked by others, perceived by others, or what they're like," he added.

About 40,000 children in the United States are currently receiving

treatment for growth hormone deficiencies. Recently, the US Food and Drug Administration (news - web sites) also

approved the use of growth hormone to treat children who just happen to be short but are otherwise healthy.

This approval was partly based on the belief that an increase in

height would improve peer relationships. Yet, few studies have examined whether extremely short children indeed have

social problems that are due solely to their height.

To investigate,

Sandberg, a pediatric psychologist, and his team conducted a study of height and social adjustment among 956

sixth-through-twelfth graders from 45 different classrooms in a Western New York public school district. Of this

group, 68 students were of short stature; 58 were extremely tall.

The children listed names of classmates they regarded as their friends and their best friends and afterwards

rated their friends, as well as their other classmates on the extent to which they liked or did not like them. In a

separate exercise, students also assessed the character of their peers, indicating, for example, who among the

students "is a good leader," or "has trouble making friends," or "is often left out."

Based on students' responses, short children were no more or less

liked by their peers than were average-height or tall children, the researchers report in the September issue of the

medical journal Pediatrics.

Height also did not influence

children's choices of friends or best friends and had no impact on which friendships were reciprocated. Further,

children did not seem to take height into consideration when they chose friends, so short children did not

necessarily have friends with heights similar to their own.

"In our

society many people believe taller is better," Sandberg said, and the same sentiment is "likely in the minds of

parents, clinicians and kids."

In fact, the stereotypes about the

plight of short people are so strong that Sandberg was surprised at his study's findings. He expected the short

children to be less popular, less liked and to have a reputation of being more withdrawn than their peers, he told

Reuters Health.

Also contrary to Sandberg's expectations, there

were no gender differences among the study participants. According to popular notion, height is more important for

boys than it is for girls. In the study, however, short stature was no more detrimental to boys' social adjustment

than it was for girls'.

Although some parents have reported that

their short child tends to be treated as younger than their age and is often teased about his or her height,

Sandberg said adults should know that all adolescents experience teasing. Some children are teased about their

height, others are teased about other physical characteristics, and still others may be teased about being a nerd,

he said.

"Short stature can be a lightning rod for (parents')

worry," he said.

Summing up, Sandberg said this study confirms that

there is no relationship between height and social adjustment, "despite all of the nonsense we believe."

SOURCE: Pediatrics,

September 2004.

TheViking
09-08-2004, 05:44 AM
That surely is an interesting

study. My impression is that it is more important when an adult than as a child though. I don't have the impression

of being extremely tall being much better than very low either, but i believe it's better to be at the higher end

of the average than on the lower end of the average.. Also, in many sports it is a great advantage to be

tall...

*Still doing my stretches*

belgareth
09-08-2004, 05:52 AM
Possibly although I believe

that almost all our social attitudes and behavoirs as adults stem from attitudes we develop as children. If that is

true, then height has little bearing as an adult other than in sports and ducking under low door frames.

ToBeOrNotToBe
09-08-2004, 06:11 AM
Belgareth... for a short

guy to be respected as much as a tall one, or to be as attractive as a tall man, he (the short one) has to be A LOT

BETTER than the tall guy in several other aspects... being better is not enough, he has to be a lot better!

Trust

me... I know it from my own experience! :blink:

belgareth
09-08-2004, 06:18 AM
How tall are you?

ToBeOrNotToBe
09-08-2004, 06:22 AM
How tall

are you?
I'm about 5'6''... :blink:

belgareth
09-08-2004, 06:38 AM
Ok, I'm about average, 5' 8".

Maybe it's the environment I work in or my personality but I've never had any problems with respect. There have

been times where bigger guys try to intimidate me but that usually is easy to counter. There have been other cases

where bigger guys were regarded as big, clumsy clowns.

TheViking
09-08-2004, 06:50 AM
But the people who are

looked upon as big clumsy clowns usually fall into the extremely high category.

I am 5' 9" by the way. And

I'd like to be about 6 feet 2 inches give or take an inch..

ToBeOrNotToBe
09-08-2004, 06:53 AM
ya know... there are times

when a short but handsome, sexy, inteliggent, with sense of humor guy is refused a date by a girl 2 or 3 inches

taller... :rant:

Don't take me wrong... although I would like to be taller (obviously), I like the way I am in

everything else and I always get the respect I deserve... but perhaps that's because I'm better than almost

everyone else in several other aspects (yes, I'm exagerating a bit, of course... I don't want to seem like a

self-conceited guy though... cause I'm not)... :blink:

belgareth
09-08-2004, 07:03 AM
Could be my outlook has

something to do with my personal preferences. I prefer smaller women, my SO is a hair under 5' and a redhead

(picture a dryad). But when she gets mad she grows to 8 feet tall with fangs. Looks a little like this :twisted:

Professionally, respect is not an issue but in most cases the people I meet have already formed an opinion because

all my new business comes by word of mouth. They already have some respect for me before ever meeting me.

ManBeast
09-08-2004, 07:13 AM
TBoNTB: I got shot down by a

girl just looking to hookup at a bar here once... Too bad the group of girls I was "babysitting" for were way

hotter... (pre-`mones)
Her: You meet rule #2, but I need to know if you measure up to rule #1.
Me: At least tell

me what rule #2 is so I know what I do well.
Her: I only talk to good looking guys in the front of this bar because

I hate cigs. (I saw Her smoking them later with some tall guy with an accent, LoL!)
Me: *Looking around a bit

confused, pause* Cool, cool... So what's rule #1.
Her: I only go for guys that are taller than me, no exceptions.

(note: The convo leading up to this had been great, lotsa hits even without `mones now that I look back).
Me: *I

know I'm out, because I saw her walk by my friends...* Hmmm... How tall are you?
Her: 5'9" without heels.
Me:

Well... I'm 5'8.25" in these shooes, lemme go spike my hair and we'll be equal! ;)
Her: Oh, darn... and you

were doing so well *gets up and leaves*
I almost laughed out loud at this point... but I had to find the bathroom

for one of the drunks in my group...

Here's the exit scene:
Tall girl: sitting right next to door, all alone

with a drink.
Me: *being dragged by hottest of group (almost fitness model blonde/blue 5'4"* Hold on.
Hottie:

*pauses*
Me: Hey <insert tall's name>
Tall Girl: *looks*
Me: *Motions towards really drunk hot girl*
Her: *eyes

go wide*
Me: Don't knock it `till ya try it. ;) *out the door*

I still LOVE that story. Even though nothing

happened with the girl dragging me out... The tall girl doesn't need to know that ;)

MB

P.S. Sorry for the

minor hijack!

Holmes
09-08-2004, 08:25 AM
Belgareth...

for a short guy to be respected as much as a tall one, or to be as attractive as a tall man, he (the short one) has

to be A LOT BETTER than the tall guy in several other aspects... being better is not enough, he has to be a lot

better!

I totally agree.

ManBeast
09-08-2004, 09:17 AM
Funny... I've honestly never

had a problem gaining respect from people, even at 5'7" A lot of the bouncers at the clubs here are all 6' plus

and big guys (so my being a big guy is prtty much negated), yet there is nothing but mutual respect towards each

other. Now, the dumbasses (drunk guys tryin to act hard) at the clubs don't tend to respect ANYONE, but I'm sure

if push came to shove... They'd respect me in the end :D

MB

ToBeOrNotToBe
09-08-2004, 12:18 PM
Funny...

I've honestly never had a problem gaining respect from people, even at 5'7" A lot of the bouncers at the clubs

here are all 6' plus and big guys (so my being a big guy is prtty much negated), yet there is nothing but mutual

respect towards each other. Now, the dumbasses (drunk guys tryin to act hard) at the clubs don't tend to respect

ANYONE, but I'm sure if push came to shove... They'd respect me in the end :D

MBThat's because you

are muscular built body, just like me. :thumbsup:
That brings us much respect...

ToBeOrNotToBe
09-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Don't

knock it `till ya try it. ;) *out the door*

:LOL: :LOL:

Great end! :thumbsup:

ManBeast
09-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Meh... I'm not that big

really... In my crowd I'm one of the smaller guys overall... and I also carry the most bodyfat, so you would think

that surrounded by 3-5 examples of even better built, taller (at least by in inch in every case), and stronger (for

the most part) guys that I wouldn't be able to pull it off, but I'm full of suprises! :D

MB

Pancho1188
09-08-2004, 02:58 PM
I'm ~6'1"...doesn't mean

jack. I know a guy at my work who's like 5'4" or something...but the guy has so much confidence that he makes an

impression wherever he goes...

I'm insecure about certain things, so I think I could only go out with

someone shorter than me...although I wouldn't think twice if I was hitting it off with someone taller than me... ;)

;)

MB: Awesome post...way to show 'em! ;) I'd do the same thing if someone dissed me for being too skinny...

...by the way, I would've been pissed at that girl, so way to be the better man.

ManBeast
09-08-2004, 03:40 PM
Heh, I wasn't pissed for a few

reasons.
1) I was out "babysitting" (bodyguarding?).
2) She wasn't that cute.
3) There are sooooo many girls

here that gettin pissed over one is not worth my stress hormones ;)

MB

deepblue
09-18-2004, 12:17 PM
I don't know if it was

mentioned already or not but try this link.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/new/key.html

That is a very good product that I use now. I can feel it working which is more than I can say for many things.

I'm taking twice the listed dosage but only at night.

Only a few things to watch are not eating 3 hours before

bed, go to bed at a regular time and not too late or too early to actually sleep, eat a healthy diet, and be sure to

stretch and either work out or walk in the mornings.

You have a very good chance of gaining an inch at your

age. Just an opinion though.

Try to get homework done on time too ... stress is a killer. :frustrate-

When

I said I feel it working I only meant it seems to have improved my muscle growth and energy. But at 21 a little mire

HGH might still be able to add an inch to your height as far as I can tell.

You can't really go wrong at $30

unless that is blood money to you or you can't get proper sleep, nutrition, or minimum exercise / stretching.

:thumbsup: Not outrageous amounts of exercise or huge weights (stunted growth?), but reasonable stuff that gets the

blood moving and air in the lungs ... stimulates the brain.

nufan
10-25-2004, 12:22 PM
hi,
TheViking, how are you

doing with the stretching program, have you seen any changes in your height ?
Thanks.

DrSmellThis
10-25-2004, 04:36 PM
Nice story.

TheViking
10-27-2004, 06:33 AM
hi,
TheViking, how are you doing with the stretching program, have you seen any changes in your

height ?
Thanks.

Hallois

Unfortunately my work situation changed while I was in the middle

of my stretching program so that I worked mornings/evenings/nights and got a really messed up day rythm.. It also

takes about 30-60 minutes to do the stretches in the morning, and then again at night. So because of the change of

free time and work pattern I had to stop with my stretches.

That was during my Part II of the stretching

program, so I still had the most difficult/demanding/rewarding part left, which is the part that is suppose to give

most of the results according to the text. Anyways, my work situation is now back "normal", so I will start up again

with the stretches etc monday next week, but I will have to restart the entire stretching program then I

believe..

I'll be sure to post here if I ever increase my height by an inch or more..

Sorry to not be

of more help nufan.

I'm still open for more suggestions also, maybe something to supplement with while doing

my stretches. I'm still sleeping on my back every night on a pressed wallboard thing with a little rug between. It

felt really hard at first, but I'm getting used to it..

Greetings,
The Viking

TheViking
10-27-2004, 04:03 PM
Hallois

I did a search for "Hair" because I wanted to find out how to get rid of

dandruff/hairloss, but while reading through different threads i found also a lot of other interesting healt related

information. This forum really is a great resource to better our health :D

Anyways, I found something more

about growing:

There\'s a protein supplement called Nutravitta that is 100% collagen.

That is what your bones and tendons are made of, and that\'s mainly what determines height and potential

weight.

DST: You probably don't remember writing this, because it was posted 03-14-2003, but I

thought that you might have something to tell about nutravitta though?

I did a search on google for it, but

there were only 4 results.
#1 was actually the thread here at love-scent forum.
#2 was nutravitta.com but

that page won't load :think:

The other two results were for Honey-Glazed Baked Apples and teeth whitening

:blink:

Also saw you commented on HGH. Anyone with experience with HGH with growing please post. I just

don't trust sales pages anymore. gee, i wonder why :frustrate

Greetings,

The Viking

nufan
10-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Sorry to not be of more

help nufan.
No problem man, Im going to start stretching program next week, but I cant do the exercices

in the morning ( I wake @ 7:00 to go to school, cant wake earlier eheh) so I'll do that in the evening after lunch

and in the night, before going to bed ,i hope that works too. I already started sleeping on my back and without

pillow for a couple of days, but it's very uncomfortable.

I'm still open for more

suggestions
Well theres the hypnotic method, I didnt see anyone claiming that it works, here's a post

that I found in their forum

Hi,

You can find here Mind-Training exercises that will help

you to use your mind effectively for anything, including to increase the height of your body.

http://www.hypnosis-kids.com/mind-training.htm

Make sure to also read the section entitled

"Secrets of True Wizards" here
and go through Energy Awareness exercises.

As you learn to use your

mind-power effectively and to work with the energy - in this case with the energy in your body - here's the process

for increasing the height of your body. As you get into a state of hypnosis - and if you don't know how to do that

yet - you can listen to free hypnosis recordings here - http://www.hypnosis-kids.com/free-downloads.htm,

imagine and feel your body growing taller. As you fully focus on this imagery you will in fact feel the energy of

your body changing - just the way you'd feel your arm in the last Energy Awareness exercise above. As you are

impressing the idea of your taller body into your subconscious mind and changing the energetic blueprint of your

body with your mind (you do this because "energy follows thought") - your physical body will naturally follow. You

do not need to concern yourself with how or when it will happen - if you do the above exercises and follow the

instructions - your physical body will change.

If you want to listen to "Grow Taller supraliminal recording"

- you can download that one by subscribing to Deep Trance Now newsletter , and download the recording from the

Newsletter subscriber section.

Best wishes,

Laura

I think Im gonna trie the

stretching program first and see the results, if it doesnt work I'll think about this hypnotic method.
Thanks.

Mtnjim
10-27-2004, 04:23 PM
Please excuse the hijack,

but...

Is there any irony in the fact that growing taller (after normal growth stops) and "how to get a

bigger talleywacker" are the two top threads at present??

I can understand "improving yourself", but geez

guys accept yourself, you'll probably always be 5"11" with a 9" dingus, and there really isn't a reasonable* way

to change it!

*Yes, I know, you can have your legs broken and extensions put in, and you can have the

ligament cut and fat injected to make "it" bigger, but do you really want to do that??
:angel:

TheViking
10-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Hallois Nufan

Sounds

like you're gonna try the stretching program I'm trying..

If you don't mind, could you tell me what your

age and height is?

My current age is 20. Probably a bit late to do anything with my height some would say.

And some will state that it's normal to grow till you're at least 26. I know that my grandfather first started

really growin when he was 19, so I suppose it should still be some hope for me :box:

Homeopathic HgH (growth hormone) is an interesting possibility, as are

supplements that support HgH. I\'d look into those. There are also pressure points in the pads of your thumbs and

big toes that activate the pituitary.

Any idea which pressure points this is?
About 1 month ago I

was at my ki-chi man (A sort of physioterapi, only he spent 7 years in china learning it.. - He's the guy who fixed

my feet after having pain walking for over 1/2 a year with doctors and physioterapists helping nothing..) He put

pressure on a gland (i believe) between my right should and chest somewhere (I would guess the thymus gland perhaps)

and left and right side above my groin somewhere and something in my neck which was suppose to active some glands

which produces growth hormones. Got told later that it can take up to a year before it shows any effects though..

hmm.

Also, the pituitary gland produces GH (the growth hormone) and some sort of pressure (Shiatsu) to the

medulla oblongata point is suppose to have an effect on the functioning of the pituitary gland.

I use

pressure towards my medulla oblongata point to try and help with my sinusitis by the way, and I think it has a bit

of an effect. Haven't done it often enough though I believe..

TheViking
10-27-2004, 04:59 PM
Please

excuse the hijack, but...

Is there any irony in the fact that growing taller (after normal growth stops) and

"how to get a bigger talleywacker" are the two top threads at present??

I can understand "improving

yourself", but geez guys accept yourself, you'll probably always be 5"11" with a 9" dingus, and there really isn't

a reasonable* way to change it!

*Yes, I know, you can have your legs broken and extensions put in, and you

can have the ligament cut and fat injected to make "it" bigger, but do you really want to do that??

Hallois Mtnjim

I'll start saving up for my leg breaking right away :hammer:

Not putting any fat into my dingus during the next week though..

I won't ever go to the extremes

of breaking my legs or anything, but if I have done anything in my youth to prevent myself from fully utilize my

growth potential - like too much sugar, too little sleep, not enough vitamins - I would like to correct that and get

my intended height..

Anyways, those who have positive things to say to help with this, please do so :) I

started this topic because I needed help with something I had already decided I wanted to improve - my height - so

it would be nice if people who don't have something to contribute or interest in the thread information would

please just look elsewhere in stead of giving comments about the decision itself and not the problem..

Thanks

:thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong, all help is always greatly appreciated, but it is really annoying when

people try to convince you that it's not something you want to do because it i.e. won't get you more chicks, when

I haven't even said that's the reason. Everyone has a tendency to jump to conclusions.

Hmm. Think I got on

a bit of a rant there. well, won't edit anything, I'm just too tired now and need to get some sleep done

soon.

G'night

Pancho1188
10-28-2004, 06:26 AM
Please excuse

the hijack, but...

Is there any irony in the fact that growing taller (after normal growth stops) and "how to

get a bigger talleywacker" are the two top threads at present??

I can understand "improving yourself", but geez

guys accept yourself, you'll probably always be 5"11" with a 9" dingus, and there really isn't a reasonable* way

to change it!

*Yes, I know, you can have your legs broken and extensions put in, and you can have the ligament

cut and fat injected to make "it" bigger, but do you really want to do that??
I still believe

that many people who come to L-S have confidence issues, which leads to these other discussions of self-improvement.

Obviously, I am all about self-improvement and have my own issues, but height and phallus size are not among

them.

I have a few guesses as to why it's popular:

1. Those who lack confidence blame these factors and

thus want to make them better.
2. Those who lack confidence think that by improving such areas they will

automatically become better and thus increase confidence.
3. Self-consciousness
4. Society 'standards' (must be

tall to be attractive, must be taller than woman you're dating, must be big to be a good lover---porn is the worst

at setting standards, just like the cover of Cosmo is for women---etc.)
5. (this may be a real shot at some people,

but I admit that when I first came here I was looking for something to just help magically get women to be

interested in me long enough to have a conversation as well) People who look for magical ways to get women to be

attracted to them also look for ways to magically increase their physical stats.

I'll be the first to admit to

#3 and #4 (self-conscious and must be taller than a female for my own ego)...but I'm not about to screw around with

what nature gave me (not to mention the fact that it wouldn't help because it's not my issues).

I'll give

people the benefit of the doubt with the height thing. Psychological studies state that for every inch taller you

are, you make $X,000 more per year on average. That might be how others perceive you.

However, there are no

studies that conclusively prove that the size of your genitals has any effect on anything.

Mtnjim: I think the

real irony here is the 'size' issue - if you dazzle a girl by doing whatever it is you do and get her to want to

make sweet, sweet love to you...by that point...I don't think women would care. Maybe if they were just trying to

find a bed buddy, but even then they'd probably still sleep with you at that point. It's not like you can flaunt

a big member to everyone. It's not something you can (sanely) openly take pride in because nobody knows and

nobody who doesn't want to sleep with you wants to know or cares.