PDA

View Full Version : Don't Forget To.....

MOBLEYC57
09-03-2004, 11:14 AM
One sunny day in

2005 an old man approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue, where he'd been sitting on a park

bench. He spoke to the U. S. Marine standing guard and said, "I would like to go in and meet with President

Bush."

The Marine looked at the man and said, "Sir, Mr. Bush is no longer president and no longer resides

here."

The old man said, "Okay" and walked away.

The following day, the same man approached the White House

and said to the same Marine, "I would like to go in and meet with President Bush."

The Marine again told the

man, "Sir, Mr. Bush is no longer president and no longer resides here." The man thanked him and, again, just walked

away.

The third day, the same man approached the White House and spoke to the very same U. S. Marine, saying "I

would like to go in and meet with President Bush."

The Marine, understandably agitated at this point, looked at

the man and said, "Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mr. Bush. I've told

you already that Mr. Bush is no longer the
president and no longer resides here. Don't you

understand!?!":frustrate

The old man looked at the Marine and said, "Oh, I understand. I just love hearing

it!!"

The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said, "See you tomorrow, sir!":box:

MAKE IT HAPPEN -

VOTE!!!

We are not the same person this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy

chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person. - W. Somerset Maugham

......VOTE!:POKE::whip:

:thumbsup:

Pancho1188
09-03-2004, 12:03 PM
I work on Pennsylvania Ave...I

could do that every day at lunch... :lol: Too bad there aren't people standing guard like that---this isn't

Buckingham Palace---so you'd have to walk up to the security gate, at which point they'd probably shoot you.

:run: