PDA

View Full Version : Pheros or Perception? Which should I get?

Lagrimas
08-30-2004, 08:23 PM
Well, now that the new batch of Chikara is out, I'm going to buy that but I'm also trying to decide

on which other pheremone products I want to get. So far, I already have: AE/m, SOE gel packs, TE unscented and

Chikara (the weak batch). I'm thinking about getting Pheros or Perception... can anyone give me any stories on

their experiences with either of these two products? (Or is there another product that you would suggest I get

instead of these two first?) As of now, I'm going to choose either Pheros or Perception, not both. So, if you have

any advice, stories, hit reports, I'd really appreciate hearing them! Thanks.

oscar
08-31-2004, 05:11 AM
Lagrimas,

At first this looked like a tough question. There are no phero concentration numbers for Pheros

available, so I can't even try to compare the two products on that basis. They're apples and oranges really.

Perception has 2mg of Nol, 1mg of None, and 1mg of Rone in 10mL of a specially formulated water-based carrier

designed to block dermal absorption and provide a steady "time-release" diffusion of the pheromones. It comes with a

separate 5mL atomizer of a very nice cover fragrance.

Pheros is a hand-made concoction of over 150 natural

ingredients from the worlds of perfumery, aromatherapy, and pheromone science. It is primarily a fragrance with only

hints and nuances of the pheromones that we see in much higher concentrations in other products.

That's all

irrelevent.

Six months from from now Pheros may be little more than a memory of a limited edition product that

came and went, leaving it's mark only in the minds of those who were curious enough to buy some. I consider my

Pheros as a good investment, because as they say about real estate, "..they ain't making any more of it."
Maybe

there WILL be a Pheros II in another couple of years, I don't know, but for now it's a finite quantity.

Perception is an excellent product which should hopefully be in ample supply for years to come.

Oscar :)

Chemo (BDC Concepts)
08-31-2004, 11:15 AM
If you only were to

get one I'd say go with the Pheros. It's not that Perception is not as effective as there are several reports of

success but Oscar makes a few good points (actually, very nice and informative post in general).

Pheros is

hand batched and made to exacting standards. It is comprised of natural ingredients and DST gives logical claim in

that natural scents are more attractive than designer fragrances. I think DST has a good product and after feedback

starts coming in everyone else will too ;)

On the other hand, Perception is validating all of our major

design goals: extended and stable release of pheromones, easy removal with daily shower, and of course

effectiveness.

Pheros is taking a natural, time proven approach to pheromone product formulation. Perception

is cutting edge technology with pheromone delivery.

As Oscar said above the supply is limited so I'd make

sure to get my bottle of Pheros.

Bobby

Chemo (BDC Concepts)
08-31-2004, 11:16 AM
You know what? Just

buy both! ;)

Bobby

DrSmellThis
08-31-2004, 03:19 PM
I'd say it depends on how

happy you are with your AE (and other basic mone products), and maybe how much of it you have left. AE is similar to

Perception in that it's the same three mones. If you are limited financially, like AE, and don't have much left,

you might want to use up the AE first; unless you're willing to let it sit on your shelf (in case you like

Perception better), or like having a variety of products around. The products will have somewhat different effects

because of design, fragrance and technology differences. If you weren't using AE regularly, I'd say go for

Perception. I'd recommend Perception as a good first purchase for folks too.

In my opinion it's more

important to have a daily supply of basic mones, such as is offered by Perception or Chikara, than it is to get

Pheros, which is a refinement and extension, and an erotic, natural, animalistic scent. But Pheros would be

good to combine with Perception, pheromone-wise. Pheros is a unique class of product, and does have a limited

supply (Though I tried to be precise while making it, sort of like a jazz musician would be while improvising, I

never wrote down the formula.), but it will be around for a little while, anyway. But once you get your basic mone

situation down, whenever that is, the Pheros can be icing on the cake for those who like the scent, which

won't be everyone. (Potential customers should know that its deep, woody, musky, naughty and earthy scent is not

like the typical light, clean and fresh, citrusy vanilla scent that is popular these days, and especially popular

with the youngest crowd. I chose to go more of a blatantly sexual, unapologetic, and manly (not boyish) route with

it, for the purposes of the forum.).

But yeah, as Bobby says, why not buy both? ;) People typically put together

a bit of this and a bit of that over time to find things that work for them. I've tried most of the things offered

here.

Pancho1188
09-01-2004, 05:19 AM
That's nice. Each person is

recommending the other's product. :)

If you definitely want to buy Pheros sometime or want to experiment

with an exotic fragrance, I'd suggest buying that now.

If you're not experienced with -mones or just like a

simple product or something that's consistent, I'd go with Perception.