PDA

View Full Version : Perception water base: Corrosion by sweat ?!?

Indigo
08-28-2004, 05:00 AM
Hello,

:think: When sweating, does the pheromones get corroded more or less then those in

convential alcohol based products?

Best regards

Ingo

bjf
08-28-2004, 08:21 AM
I got another question for BDC....how

do you prevent bacteria and mold from developing in the water base? You add a poison?

People have spoken of

a mildewy smell and I wonder if this is mold?

BaseB3383
08-28-2004, 10:04 AM
I can't speak for BDC's

products, but I do know that it would be awfully hard to have bacteria and mold develop in a water based mixture

simply due to a lack of nutrients. Bacteria needs food to replicate and there is little if any in a pure water

mixture.

Chemo (BDC Concepts)
08-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Hello,

:think: When sweating, does the pheromones get corroded more or less then those in convential alcohol based

products?

Best regards

Ingo
Please elaborate on your defnition of "corroded"...

Bobby

Chemo (BDC Concepts)
08-28-2004, 06:28 PM
I got

another question for BDC....how do you prevent bacteria and mold from developing in the water base? You add a

poison?

People have spoken of a mildewy smell and I wonder if this is mold?
The "mildew" smell

reported by some is the smell of the polymer matrix. Once the applied pheromones dry the mildew smell goes away

completely.

Bobby

Chemo (BDC Concepts)
08-28-2004, 06:29 PM
I

can't speak for BDC's products, but I do know that it would be awfully hard to have bacteria and mold develop in a

water based mixture simply due to a lack of nutrients. Bacteria needs food to replicate and there is little if any

in a pure water mixture.
You are correct in that bacteria need nutrients to flourish...but...there is a

small amount of preservative in the formula.

Bobby

Indigo
08-29-2004, 01:09 AM
Please

elaborate on your defnition of "corroded"...

BobbyHello,

well, as far as far I know sweat,

respectively the bacteria and fat acids in it, can harm ( corrode? ) the pheromones. Actually I don'tquite know

what would be the right word to use.
So the more you sweat the shorter the time they will be working.
Is that

correct at all?

Best regards

Ingo

Chemo (BDC Concepts)
08-29-2004, 07:54 PM
OK...I see what you

mean now. The c. form bacterial conversion of pheromones.

Now, it should be stated here that I personally

don't believe in the conversion of alpha ring saturated species (such as nol, none, and rone) by c. form bacteria.

All the scientific literature studies the conversion of metabolites to active pheromones by this method. There is

no research to substantiate the deactivation of nol, none, or rone by c. form bacteria. I'm not one to step of the

toes of conventional wisdom and I welcome anyone to change my mind. With that said...

Let's assume that

I'm wrong (which I can be and am frequently). I'm going to reason through my final response to your

question.

First, the polymer matrix forms a sticky barrier between the pheromones and your skin. Now, it is

not sticky to the touch and only works for poly rings with the typical steroidal backbone. Think of it like super

glue for pheromones.

What the matrix is designed to do is hold the pheromones securely and release them at a

known rate. A side benefit is that it also SHOULD keep other things away from the pheromones. Of course, that is

out the window with the introduction of sweat as the bacteria will ride the wet waves to the pheromone mother land.

However, for those that don't sweat heavily during the day it should keep pheromones in and bacteria out.

In

addition, we have a small amount of preservative in the formula. We really had to toss that around the discussion

table as we didn't want to disrupt the natural production of the individual pheromone signature. It is our primary

focus to offer a product that is truly easy application and easy removal while minimizing the impact on natural

signature. We finally settled on a very good preservative that is also a mild bacteriostatic agent. This compound,

once driy, should hang around for about 6-8 hours all the while keeping bacteria at arms length (albeit, a very

small chemical arm). It will naturally dissipate before Perception wears off and keep the natural signature

signalling the world.

If all that weren't enough we also are the first in the world to use super pheromones

that possess the magical ability to resist bacterial conversion. It is magic to some but is actually a result of

months of intense training at our Kentucky self defense facility. We taught select pheromones to ward off the

unsolicited advances of the notoriously promiscuous c. form bacteria. They learned about high risk conversion

behaviors and are aware of the benefits of bacterial chastity. Finally, we equiped them with bacterial pepper spray

for the aggressive ones.

Hope that answer your question!

Bobby

BTW, that part about pepper

spray isn't true ;)

bjf
08-29-2004, 08:19 PM
First, the polymer matrix

forms a sticky barrier between the pheromones and your skin. Now, it is not sticky to the touch and only works for

poly rings with the typical steroidal backbone. Think of it like super glue for pheromones.

Can the

pheromones be washed off easily or do you have to wait until the time release lets them all be released?

CptKipling
08-30-2004, 05:28 PM
...and...

Do the pheros

wash off more readily when you sweat?

I imagine that they do (if the formula washes off more easily in general),

but does it make a noticable difference?

real_wiseman
08-31-2004, 05:51 AM
I can't

speak for BDC's products, but I do know that it would be awfully hard to have bacteria and mold develop in a water

based mixture simply due to a lack of nutrients. Bacteria needs food to replicate and there is little if any in a

pure water mixture.

Actually if you look at any skinlotion or other similar products that have

water as an ingredient, there are usually preservatives added, for instance Sodium Benzoate (in liquid soaps) or

different types of paraben (Metylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxylethanol), since

microorganisms *do* like waterbased cosmetic products.

// w

Chemo (BDC Concepts)
08-31-2004, 06:56 AM
Can the

pheromones be washed off easily or do you have to wait until the time release lets them all be released?

That's the beauty of the matrix! It holds securely while dry but when wet will wash off completely.

Have

you noticed this: when you first spray Perception there is a strong scent of pheromones. Then, as it dries you only

smell the faint scent of pheromones. That is the matrix drying and locking the pheromones to the skin for slow

release. If you sweat during the day you smell the pheromones a bit stronger. This is the matrix releasing it a

bit faster since it is wet.

With a shower, it will rinse completely away!

Bobby

Chemo (BDC Concepts)
08-31-2004, 07:02 AM
...and...

Do the pheros wash off more readily when you sweat?

I imagine that they do (if

the formula washes off more easily in general), but does it make a noticable difference?
Sweating will

make a difference but how much is impossible to quantify...

Logic tells me that if one were to apply

Perception and sweat during the day the area of application will increase. Think of this like a drop of oil in a

puddle. It goes wherever there is water to the full area of the puddle.

Bobby

DrSmellThis
08-31-2004, 04:49 PM
Hello,

:think:

When sweating, does the pheromones get corroded more or less then those in convential alcohol based products?

Best regards

Ingo
Alcohol evaporates in 10 minutes or so, so the water base won't make any

difference. If anything the emulsifier should tend to slow down rates of breakdown/conversion slightly.