PDA

View Full Version : Anabolic effects of pheromones?

sietch
08-24-2004, 05:14 PM
Well,

since androsterone is used as a pheromone, would it be rational to expect products that contain it to have an effect

similar to DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone), which is a precursor of

testosterone?

DrSmellThis
08-24-2004, 05:22 PM
http://www.reciprocalnet.org/recipnet

/showsample.jsp?sampleId=27344516 (http://www.reciprocalnet.org/recipnet/showsample.jsp?sampleId=27344516)

sietch
08-24-2004, 05:38 PM
Thanks DrSmellThis, that says it

all!
The reason I though about this, is that I noticed some increased muscular growth in response to exercise

(swimming) . I used to be pretty fit so muscles come back quite easily with some exercise, but this time my chest

growth was more than I would have expected with this kind of exercise. Plus, I got repeated comments like "you've

grown stronger, do you work out?"
Or it could be totally unrelated, since it's been a while since I've last done

any serious exercise, and my new swimming sessions coincided with me trying again new pheromone products (SOE &

NPA).

DrSmellThis
08-24-2004, 05:42 PM
-Rone is an androgen that

contributes to sexual development, but I don't think you can conclude pheromones were responsible, or even

partially responsible, for your muscle growth. On the other hand, I'm not an endocrinologist.

sietch
08-24-2004, 05:56 PM
If it gets converted to DHEA

through any pathway, that would be possible. I'll look into it tomorrow.

einstein
08-24-2004, 08:36 PM
Even if it did get converted, I

don't think its enough to do anything. At 1mg of mones a week, a person is most likely ODing. A lot of that goes

into the air. Senior citizens supplement DHEA with 25-50mg daily. There's no way enough pheromones could be

converted to affect your muscular developement.

bryanm
08-24-2004, 10:55 PM
dhea does not convert into

testosterone first it has to be converted to androstenedione then androstenedione only has a 5% conversion to

testosterone and this would be considered injecting at 100% absorbtion so 100mg of androstenedione only yealds 5%

testosterone.now transdermal application only yealds 65% absorbtion which is even less. the human male produces

around 200mg of testosterone weekly so .000000000075 of a mcg of the very few amount of test isnt going to do

anything for you at all!!!!

DrSmellThis
08-25-2004, 12:33 AM
That might about sum it up.

I'd love to hear more on androgen interconversions, as relevant to attraction.

Another interesting area I'd

love to hear more on is any feedback, positive or negative; that might happen if pheromones triggered their own

regulation by the endricine system. Those who wear pheromones often, and/or over a long time; would be most

concerned about this. Might androstenone use eventually lead to it's reduced production? There seems to be a dearth

of research. Many forum members feel the need to take time off. Is it just because of accumulation effects?