PDA

View Full Version : Phero deodorant/anti-perspirant stick?

Canucky Guy
08-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Is such a product even plausible? I know I'd buy one, it'd help enhance your own natural phero's

that your body produces anyway.

bjf
08-23-2004, 09:06 PM
there was a one made by realm that

people had problems with.

DrSmellThis
08-23-2004, 09:14 PM
What were the problems?

Tiger4
08-23-2004, 11:35 PM
The problem I had with Realm is

that it left a residue which became hard and crusty. This residue accumulated under my arms and became very hard to

remove since it attached to my underarm hair. The residue also got in my clothes and after a while it really

started stinking. So I winded up throwing it away.

You would be much better off either spraying or smearing

pheromones under your arm.

DrSmellThis
08-24-2004, 01:22 AM
How much demand would there be

for a good pheromone deodorant, I wonder?

tiger1ndc
08-24-2004, 01:26 AM
I'd buy it.

DrSmellThis
08-24-2004, 02:12 AM
I know I could make a very

good one, but wouldn't want to do so unless there would be a lot of perceived need for it.

InternationalPlayboy
08-24-2004, 06:33 AM
I

have the Realm deodorant. Haven't had the problem that Tiger4 did, but I only use it on occasion. I do find it

stickier than my regular deodorant though, English Leather stick.

My main mone for daily use is Chikara, and

I found that the scent of the Realm deodorant really clashed with it. Every time I raise my arm when using the

deodorant, I get a strong whiff of the scent. I prefer the cologne (old recipe, haven't bought any since Realm

farmed it out) over the deodorant if I want to use Realm.

I also have their body wash and aftershave balm.

Though I like these better than the deodorant product, I think that unless the pheromone content is minimal, it

would be hard to regulate the application. Though when I use the balm, it's just a small dollop.

I think

that having all those products available helped me fail with NPA when I first bought it. That was several years ago

and I wasn't reading the forum. I would scrub with the Realm wash, shave and use the Realm balm, then spray myself

with a mix of Realm, NPA and the musk EO I received free when I got the NPA. A couple of times, I smelled so skunky

afterwards, that I would shower again, only to apply more of the same.

Back to the deodorant, I think a

neutral scent would be best instead of the strong aroma of Realm deodorant, which I feel is much stronger than the

cologne. But with such a variety in my arsenal now, I think I like just applying the pheromone products normally,

instead of using them in a pre-mixed deodorant.

bjf
08-24-2004, 06:41 AM
I don't think there would be much of

a demand for it.

nbnbtc
08-24-2004, 07:20 AM
I know I could

make a very good one, but wouldn't want to do so unless there would be a lot of perceived need for

it.

Doc,

Would you make it a sandlewood base? I think Pheros makes a very good deodorant as it

is, what else did you have in mind?

DrSmellThis
08-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Pheros does make a good

deodorant for those who don't have a severe odor problem. But the supply of Pheros will eventually run out.

FYI, as of today, a little over half of the total supply will have been shipped already to Bruce,

including the beta batch! When the current supply is gone it will be gone for good.

There would definitely have

to be some sandalwood in a phero deodorant, but not necessarily predominantly. I have another idea. One key would be

the correct pheromones in the correct proportions, meant for the unique environment of the pits.

Unknownshadow21
08-24-2004, 01:35 PM
I would buy it as fast

as I could!!

bjf
08-24-2004, 01:37 PM
you could make it yourself too. Got

EOs?

DrSmellThis
08-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Yep. I've told people lots of

times some basic ideas for EO deodorants. But the idea of specialty products has interested me for some time.

nbnbtc
08-24-2004, 02:21 PM
Yes I'd imagine getting the phero

levels right for that particular area would be tricky, but if anyone can do it its you. I think it is safe to say

that the forum is 100% behind you on any product you come out with, doc!

DeepSeaSnake
08-24-2004, 02:26 PM
dude, if you make an anti

pers. I'd buy a crate and push it to everyone I know, I'm very involved in the local fitness scene. I am in

everyday contact with a min. of 20 to 30 differant athletes from a range of sports to include competition fighters

in both boxing and MMA, weightlifters and bodybuilders I also have a very close relationship with the fire

departments and police departments of my area all of which are heavy deoderant users.

If you could develop a

product that smells good, cuts down on sweat and that can last for more than a few hours I will push that shit like

golden goose eggs.

feel free to email

me
Ian
Hardhat_diver@hotmail.com

cuddlebear
08-24-2004, 03:06 PM
I have a tiny bit of

experience with phero deodorants ... Realm Deodorant did not give me any noticeable phero responses but was ok at

controlling odor ... Intimate Research makes a great phero deodorant (or at least they did at one time, I don't

know if they still have it) ... when I say great, I mean great for hits big-time, but not so great at controlling

odor ... Maybe DST should start a thread specifically for the "would you be interested?" question ....

bjf
08-24-2004, 03:08 PM
Yes I'd imagine

getting the phero levels right for that particular area would be tricky, but if anyone can do it its you. I think it

is safe to say that the forum is 100% behind you on any product you come out with, doc!

The phero

ratios/amounts have all been measured in that area. Only problem is the sample was just five guys, so the data may

not be entirely accurate.

DrSmellThis
08-24-2004, 04:41 PM
I would use that data to

inform the process, but would not want to copy those ratios. The idea would be to optimise, not recreate what is

already there and add more of it.

Canucky Guy
08-24-2004, 08:07 PM
As long as it's not a

roll-on type deodorant, I'm good :P

Doc, if you're up to the task, you've got at least five buyers slash

marketers by my count. Can't wait to see what you come up with :)

CptKipling
02-09-2005, 01:45 PM
bump

Doc, are you still

interested in this? I know I meant to post at the time that I would be interested.