PDA

View Full Version : My turn up to bat...

Canucky Guy
08-19-2004, 07:41 PM
Okay, so I've

been hanging around the forums (and the arcade :P) for a few weeks now, and think I have collected enough

information to make an informed first purchase...sadly, before I was able to hit enough jackpots to successfully

gather the required 5K arcade points for that sweet discount, but no matter. Regardless of my obtained knowledge,

here's the scenario for the experts and gurus to cross analyze.

I'm a 23 yr old, medium build (not slim, but

not heavy), with short reddish blonde hair and a slowly receding hairline. I have a very outgoing personality and

already get along fairly well with the ladies, and in casual dress I tend to wear loud shirts (which make for great

conversation starters). Initial contact is no issue for me, but sometimes I have trouble holding the attention. I

already have two mild hits but nothings happening right now, there's still some resistance to further pursuit...not

that I haven't tried already once or twice.

The plan is to go with some Chikara and a few packets of SOE for

when needed for the extra kick. I can get in close easy enough, and my hope is that the goods will help open them

up a little more.

Thoughts/Impressions/Suggestions?

Friendly1
08-19-2004, 08:42 PM
You could probably use an

Androstenone pheromone with good results. Not sure of what you mean by "loud" shirts. That makes me think of

shirts with wild designs, since you say they are great conversation starters. If that is the case, keep doing what

works, but allow some room for experimentation. I first realized just how powerful an effect a suit has on women

when I wore one when I was about 32 (had been wearing them for years, but at the time I was in a casual work

situation). The women in the office couldn't stop going on about how I "cleaned up nice". I have long since come

to appreciate the power of the suit over women even more (but it has to look good -- a cheap suit or an old suit

impresses no one).

So, what I am saying is, mix it up when the people who know you least expect it. That makes

you more interesting. 4-5 days a week, dress the way you are used to dressing. The other 2-3 days a week, dress

differently. Dress up. Dress down. Find as many variations as you are comfortable with which work. Ask

saleswomen for advice on what to try out. Keep in mind that clothes are seasonal (more to women than to men, who

only care about whether they are warm or cold).

Don't become predictable, but don't be fake.

Canucky Guy
08-22-2004, 09:25 PM
Yeah, wild designs, bright

colours. I tried the dress up thing, proper shirt and tie, and all I got was weird looks. Doesn't seem to fit me

well. Maybe if it were combined with the mones it could be interesting.

Friendly1
08-22-2004, 10:18 PM
Do what works. Don't do again

what fails to work. But changing something, anything, starts a whole new experiment. So, shirt-and-tie may fail

under one situation, but may still be worth a try in different circumstances.

Stop doing what used to work,

since it no longer works. I have found that I can no longer get away with dressing the way I did in my 20s. What

worked then doesn't work now.

Canucky Guy
08-22-2004, 10:33 PM
Yes yes, I think the attitude

and attire are well in hand...now how about some assistance with a cocktail or two? :P

Friendly1
08-23-2004, 10:57 AM
I don't do cocktails, myself.

I've had good enough results with pheromones out of the bottle that I haven't felt compelled to experiment beyond

what I have reported here.

Canucky Guy
08-25-2004, 08:52 AM
Okay, well the Chikara is on

the way, skipped the SOE packs for now. Hope I get some of the new stuff :P