PDA

View Full Version : Endorphens + Pheromones

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 07:02 PM
This question goes out to all the people in the forum who workout religiously(5 to 6 days a week).

Ever since I started working out 3 months ago, I noticed that not only do I not get as stressedout as I use to but my outlook on life in general has improved significantly. This I beleive to be the effects of those brain chemicals called endorphens.

Today something happened after I ended my workout at the gym. After I took a shower and got dressed, I applied my usual one drop of Primal Instinct under each arm and one in my briefs AND for the first time used Attraction on my shirt (one spray under my arms, one on my chest, and two around the collar) and on my hair(two sprays).

As I was driving home, I started experiencing this euphoria that I don\'t remember ever having before. It was so intense that once I got home, I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes to concentrate on this wonderful sensation.

Has anyone in this forum ever experienced something similar to this. TallCoolOne, Bruce?

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 07:03 PM
Hey stressedout Joe...or is it relaxedJoe?
Yes and No to your question. I have experienced that type of euphoria several times. And yes it was with intense physical workouts. But I have never had it with pheros. Only after a really good vein blasting workout. Joe? Are you taking any fat burners or pseudoehedrine or ant metabolism boosting products prior to or right after your workouts? .....

**DONOTDELETE**
Hey TallCoolOne.

First thanks for replying and second the answer to your question is no I am not taking any of the fat burners that contain ephedrine or pseudoephedrine as its active ingredient.

The reason for this is that five years ago I had the scary experience, after taking an ECA stack product, of my blood pressure going a bit high during my cardio workout that I had to stop immediately. Fortunately it was shortlived but I swore off ever using that kind of product in conjunction with any kind of hard workout.

In fact the last time I used an ECA stack product was just prior to my starting to workout on a consistent basis. And just like you the reason I was using it was solely to give me the energy I needed to withstand the rigors of a 12 hour compressed work week on the graveyard shift. After all, it is not the same trying to get some sleep during the mornings when the sun is out and the world is wide awake (leaf blower workers especially come to mind).

Thankfully, since I started working out I find that I don\'t need stimulant products for energy anymore and when I do sleep it is of the most deeply and restful kind.

I guess if I do the same thing and I get the same result, then I can safely conclude that there was some kind of endorphen enhancement brought about by the pheros.

But if and when it happens, I\'ll just have to see if others experienced the same thing.

**DONOTDELETE**
Theres nothing like a super vein gorging workout to put yourself in a good mood. I too have felt that feeling that you describe, joe. I think its a combination of the phero buzz along with the endorphins/post workout rush. Go extra slow on the negative of that last rep!