PDA

View Full Version : pheromone incense

Tiger4
08-14-2004, 10:30 AM
Has anyone tried the

Uneet Romantic Smokes pheromone incense? They come with two sets of sticks (one androstenol and the other

antrotenone). I'm wondering what they smell like and if they'd be worth buying at $14.95 a pack.

cuddlebear
08-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Well, maybe, but I'd rather

have the scent ON ME so my feminine company could make the connection with me as the sexual object ... also I'm not

sure if the heat wouldn't degrade the mones' effectiveness, but there are others here more qualified to discuss

that matter ...

camusflage
08-16-2004, 10:21 AM
I'd be leery of it.. If there

were some way to put them in the air without destroying them in the act of burning the carrier, perhaps. As it is,

I'd probably (to try it) place a few drops of PI or CS onto existing incense sticks and burn those, but I probably

wouldn't bother wasting perfectly good mones just to burn them up.

Now, that being said, there has been

discussion of using something like a potpourri diffuser to disperse mones into the air. THAT is something that I'd

imagine would work.

InternationalPlayboy
08-16-2004, 10:42 AM
It's not incense,

but the guys at BDC Concepts have a page about making pheromone candles

here (http://bdcconcepts.com/pheromones-research/pheromones-research.php).

Bruce
08-16-2004, 03:24 PM
There was quite a bit of discussion

on this forum a couple of years ago about using various types of essential oil difussion devices to get pheromones

into the air without destroying them. The general feeling at that time was that burning would destroy the

pheromones.

Bruce

bjf
08-16-2004, 03:27 PM
This doesn't contradict that last

statement, but here's a blurb from BDC's website on the candles. Not sure how it applies to

incense.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the

simplest sense, pheromones are simply hormones secreted by the body through various glands (sweat mostly). In fact,

most human pheromones detected have common molecular structures to those of androgenic hormones. Sparing the

complexities of this, if you examine androstenone, androstenol, and androsterone, you find that their melting points

are well above 100 degrees celcius. In fact, for hormones used in human beings, it is common sterilization practice

to heat a preparation to over 300 degrees. Pheromones can endur quite a bit of heat without loss of molecular

integrity.