PDA

View Full Version : Issues w/The Edge

**DONOTDELETE**
10-23-2001, 12:35 PM
I just received TE, Jose said \"cat piss,\" that\'s not too far off. I sprayed some on the front of my shirt and could barely handle the smell. Maybe I am just sensitive to it, but I am almost embarassed to wear it out b/c it smells like an old armpit. I\'m afraid to cover it up I will have to use so much cologne that I will just be generally be overbearing. images/icons/shocked.gif
The musk oil I received as part of the order,however, has a decent smell and seems to be potent. I haven\'t ventured out yet with either, I\'ll let you know.
Anyway, is there anything I can do to tone down the sharp smell of the edge? Maybe spray it on the back of my shirt? Pour some of the Musk oil into the bottle? Or do I just grin and bear it and see what happens?
Thanks in advance.
--MOFO-- images/icons/tongue.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
10-23-2001, 02:50 PM
well I hear the scented sandalwood edge has a nice smell, so you may want to check that out

rjm
10-23-2001, 08:58 PM
Try mixing TE and your oil together... Maybe about 50-50? Jambat? Maybe put just enough oil in the mix (in a separate bottle) to cover the \"aroma,\" yet without burning up more oil than is needed...

Later!

Whitehall
10-24-2001, 11:25 AM
The Edge does have an aroma but not everyone is that sensitive to it. Still, a better application procedure may help you. The goals are to cut the peak release but extend the length of time its working for you and avoid wastage of expensive scent.

What I do is apply it to the inside of my shirt before putting it on. I button the shirt, hold it out with my arm, backside up so that the shirt contains an open volume, then give it one squirt. Hold for a moment then collapse the shirt so that the air inside (with TE) flows through the shirt material.

What you hope for is is a long lasting, but moderate release - levelized might be the best word. I also note that it lasts longest on wool, followed by cotton, then on synthetics.

I apply cologne to my body before putting the shirt on (ideally) then touch up the cologne later. I\'ve also tried adding a touch of vetiver essential oil - it goes well with TE I think. Vetiver is commonly used as a base note for men\'s fragrances and is claimed to have some aphrodisiacal properties of its own. Have yet to try mixing the two in liquid state but might later.