PDA

View Full Version : I Keep Getting Spammmmmmmmmmmmed By L-s

Sesshoumaru
08-09-2004, 09:48 PM
I keep getting ulimited emails from the L-S forum. They are "responces" from threads ect.. I tried

every setting possible in my User CP and they just don't stop!!! it's been like this for weeks... They come in

spurts. I get "responces" from threads which haven't been posted in days, it just bizzare. Is there any way to stop

this??!?!?

einstein
08-09-2004, 10:07 PM
UserCP
Edit Options
In the big

"Messaging and notification" box, there is default thread subscription mode. Change it to "Do not subscribe"
then

save changes.

einstein
08-09-2004, 10:09 PM
And you'll have to go to

"Subscribed threads" under the user CP menu and delete all the thread subscriptions you already have.

Sesshoumaru
08-10-2004, 07:33 AM
Thanks... I thought I was

going nuts. I already changed it to "Do not subscribe" a long time ago (when it started) I just didn't know about

being "subcribed" to threads ect... I think this feature should be disabled by default, because when I started

receiving a zillion emails was when I noticed that something was wrong and when I disabled this "feature" it was

already too late because I was already subcribed to a zillion threads.

I guess newbies like me would have a

problem with it. It SHOULD be disabled by default when you make a new account. If your knowledgeable enough to know

what "subcribing to a thread" is, your smart enough to enable it by your self later.

DrSmellThis
08-10-2004, 12:11 PM
I agree. But the feature is

very useful as a time-saver for those who are in a hurry but still want to keep up to date in the forum.