PDA

View Full Version : The scent of Chikara....???Bruce, Doc, anyone

Jazsy4
08-08-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm not sure how to present my question....if you could define Chikara's scent, would you

say.....it's ...Musky ?...Vanilla ? I'm not exactly sure.....I love the smell of Chikara...and find that

...though I don't like to REEK of cologne...3 sprays is just not quite enough. Perhaps enough in terms of mones

....but...I'd just like a little bit more scent....

Has anyone found a cologne that......( forgive me I

don't know how to express this)... I'm not trying to cover ...but rather ... be an extension of it??? I don't

know..... I'm stuck here.....ah...ie.,say if Musk is a major influence in Chikara......then perhaps Musk is what

I'm looking for ......does this make sense to anyone? I guess first I need to define the fragrance then go from

there. I'd appreciate any feedback on this. Thank you all.

cuddlebear
08-08-2004, 03:04 PM
Light, very pleasant, slightly

musky, you'd have to really overdo it to reek ...

Subtle but masculine.

Hope I helped :)

cuddlebear
08-08-2004, 03:05 PM
Oops, I misread your question

... you already know what Chikara smells like ... hmmm ... I wouldn't over spray it due to the high mone content,

although some guys are doing 6 sprays ... I wouldn't want to cover it myself, so I can't answer the last part

Jazsy4
08-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Thanks for responding

Cuddlebear........yeah....I don't want to OD on the mones ... so I don't go overboard ...........but I'd like to

extend the scent a little.

Rover The Dog
08-08-2004, 03:34 PM
I agree with you

completely. I only spray two squirtz on my wrist and i feel as though its not quite as strong as i would perfer

since i cant even smell it unless its really close... so i guess i too would probably like to extend the scent as

well. Hopefully someone could perhaps shed light on this since i dont have the slightest clue how to.

TRock
08-08-2004, 05:19 PM
PI by givenchy smells just like

chikara to me only heavier. so when i apply chikara, i use it just like an aftershave. i cover the none with PI and

chikara by itself on other parts of my body.

Jazsy4
08-08-2004, 05:37 PM
Thanks TRock...........I'll

check it out.

TRock
08-08-2004, 06:01 PM
no prob. if you live near a

sephora, go there instead of a department store. they have almost every cologne available and there's always hot

girls working there and coming into the store. i caught a jessica simpson looking girl checking me out, last time i

was there.

Holmes
08-08-2004, 06:46 PM
no prob. if you live

near a sephora, go there instead of a department store. they have almost every cologne available and there's always

hot girls working there and coming into the store. i caught a jessica simpson looking girl checking me out,

last time i was there.

Bart's sister? Hot!

:lol:

DrSmellThis
08-09-2004, 01:54 AM
Chikara would be classified as

a light musk.

bjf
08-09-2004, 07:10 AM
a female said the air smelled like

bubble gum when I was wearing it

DCW
08-09-2004, 07:45 AM
How often do u guys re-apply if

any?

DCW

BaseB3383
08-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Chikara smells like a mix

between Body Kouros by YSL and Pi by Givenchy to me. I've tried both colognes and Chikara has some aspects of both

fragrances (musky, sweet, maybe some vanilla there?). It's a nice sophisticated scent, and as far as pheromones

go, it's the best included cover scent I've tried.

Holmes
08-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Smells like Egyptian Musk to me.

Nice.

bjf
08-09-2004, 09:40 AM
I don't reapply, but I don't put it

on in the morning either.

camusflage
08-09-2004, 06:22 PM
Smells like

Egyptian Musk to me. Nice.
It smells dead-on to Rochas Man to my nose, top notes of lavender, green

leaves, and bergamot, base notes of amber, mocha, and vanilla, according to basenotes.

platinumfox
08-10-2004, 04:26 PM
When I first smelled it

coconuts came to mind.I would go with a vanilla scent too.

DrSmellThis
08-19-2004, 02:17 AM
I'm not sure

how to present my question....if you could define Chikara's scent, would you say.....it's ...Musky ?...Vanilla ?

I'm not exactly sure.....I love the smell of Chikara...and find that ...though I don't like to REEK of cologne...3

sprays is just not quite enough. Perhaps enough in terms of mones ....but...I'd just like a little bit more

scent....

Has anyone found a cologne that......( forgive me I don't know how to express this)... I'm not

trying to cover ...but rather ... be an extension of it??? I don't know..... I'm stuck here.....ah...ie.,say if

Musk is a major influence in Chikara......then perhaps Musk is what I'm looking for ......does this make sense to

anyone? I guess first I need to define the fragrance then go from there. I'd appreciate any feedback on this. Thank

you all.I know you bought some of the new Pheros, so I just wanted to suggest that maybe you already

have something that could fit that purpose. I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but Pheros

definitely has a strong, deep, natural musk note to it. It should also enhance and blend with the smell of mones

rather than just cover them. Is that what you were trying to ask about? Or were you asking specifically about

Chikara? If so, I think wearing Pheros underneath Chikara, in the right amount, can be a good blend too.

lordcrazyd
08-19-2004, 08:58 AM
i think specifically because

i like the sent also... but i can't od, i want more smell though

Jazsy4
08-19-2004, 02:45 PM
I know you bought some of the new Pheros, so I just wanted to

suggest that maybe you already have something that could fit that purpose. I don't know if this is what you're

looking for, but Pheros definitely has a strong, deep, natural musk note to it. It should also enhance and

blend with the smell of mones rather than just cover them. Is that what you were trying to ask about? Or were you

asking specifically about Chikara? If so, I think wearing Pheros underneath Chikara, in the right amount, can

be a good blend too.
Yes Pheros may be the answer to my question.... I read a post earlier from

Lagrimas........where he... and also Rover the Dog felt the same way I do. Love the smell of Chikara...but wished

for more smell. Bruce... said it best in that post ......."beefier". I wanted the scent to be beefier without

risking OD from the mones. I wanted a beefier Chikara, additional scent or perhaps.........PHEROS !!

Concerning application, I wonder...how do you feel about Pheros in an atomizer? I'm sure a lot has to do with my

own personal body chemistry...but how many dabs...do you recommend we start with. Especially considering that I may

also apply Chikara?

As always thank you for taking the time to share you widsom with this novice....!!

camusflage
08-19-2004, 03:09 PM
I would advise against the

atomizer route. It was apparently limited only to some bottles of the first run, but some separation of the elements

occur after it sits for awhile. I notice in the dram vial I store my working supply in that I need to shake it

before applying to keep the juice mixed. If you store it in an atomizer, you may get uneven application of the

components due to separation in the tube from the bottom of the flask to the base of the atomizer.

InternationalPlayboy
08-19-2004, 03:24 PM
I've used original Pheros in an atomizer. I shake it before spraying it, but camusflage touched on something I didn't think of, the separation in the tube itself.

Being such a limited quantity, I didn't want to use it up as quickly as I could in an atomizer, so I dilluted it 2:1 Pheros:distilled water. I usually use this to augment my dabs as the scent is weaker this way.

Something interesting I've found is the change in appearance. Pheros is kind of milky in appearance. After sitting awhile in not only the dilluted state, but also in a brown vial I put some full strength Pheros in so I wouldn't contaminate the whole bottle with dirty fingers, the Pheros is no longer milky, but clear now. The contents of the original bottle are still milky. I can't detect any change in aroma in the clear solutions though.

camusflage
08-19-2004, 03:51 PM
the

Pheros is no longer milky, but clear now.
I thought I was nuts, I had contaminated it hopelessly, or

something else. I've seen EXACTLY the same thing in the clear dram vial I store my Pheros in as well. Perhaps DST

can comment on this?

DrSmellThis
08-19-2004, 04:28 PM
(Sorry to interrupt the

Chikara thread, Bruce and mods! ) The water blends with the natural ingredients over time. I had it happen once when

kept in a sample vial, in my pants pocket, for extended periods -- I assumed due to the body heat. It mostly

cleared. The smell seemed a bit smoother if anything, but I wouldn't "go for that effect" with your whole supply.

To be safe it's best to keep the bottle away from strong light or heat, except for whatever you're using soon in a

small quantity.

InternationalPlayboy
08-19-2004, 05:26 PM
Just got my bottle

of the "new" Pheros, thanks Doc and Bruce!

Haven't compared the scent directly to the old stuff yet, though

I did wear some of the old with Chikara today. But it seemed similar to the first batch, maybe a little stronger. I

did notice more of a separation of fluids than in what I have in the first batch. Kind of like oil and vinegar

dressing, with a darker, oily substance floating around. So I think camusflage is right that separation in an

atomizer draw tube could be a problem.

Keeping this, and all my pheromones colognes away from heat is a

problem here, where summer temperatures can reach 120 degrees Farenheit. The house doesn't get that hot but it can

get a little warm when no one's home.

I always wonder how hot it gets in the mail trucks before products I

order finally reach their destination. I got a package of carmels in a collector's tin the other day and some of

the pieces of candy had melted so much they started oozing out of their wrappers.

Edited to say, "Oops."

Forgot this was a Chikara thread until I re-read the Doctor's post above. Sorry, I get carried away sometimes.

Jazsy4
08-19-2004, 06:47 PM
I know you

bought some of the new Pheros, so I just wanted to suggest that maybe you already have something that could

fit that purpose. I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but Pheros definitely has a strong,

deep, natural musk note to it. It should also enhance and blend with the smell of mones rather than just cover them.

Is that what you were trying to ask about? Or were you asking specifically about Chikara? If so, I think wearing

Pheros underneath Chikara, in the right amount, can be a good blend too.

Thank you DR....as

usual you are absolutely right !!....Pheros underneath Chikara...............WOW !!!! Unbelievable......I don't

know how to describe it....The depth of Pheros...and the lightness of Chikara.........makes for a very unique and

flavorful scent............Thanks again

DrSmellThis
08-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Chikara is probably also good

over fractional dab of Edge Arouser, and can be used as two parts of a trio with Pheros in that way. For the

coup de grace, you could add a drop of A1 on top of everything.

Numanoid
09-02-2004, 04:56 AM
Has anyone

found a cologne that......( forgive me I don't know how to express this)... I'm not trying to cover ...but rather

... be an extension of it???
I find that Weekend at Burberry's goes well with Chikara. The

fragrance is very similar.