PDA

View Full Version : The Edge "Buzz"

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 07:01 PM
Hello All,
I got a message from a board member that I thought might be of interest to others so I am reprinting it here.
Cheers,
Bruce
----------------------
Bruce,
Did you ever find out what is in Lacroy\'s new Pheromone Additive? I use this stuff and it feels like I am stiffing glue. Really get a head rush. Just wondering if this stuff is safe.
Thanks,
Jim

Hello Jim,
No, we still don\'t know what is in it, but my understanding is that it only contains pheromones, ethanol and water. Ethanol is the kind of alcohol that is found in drinking type alcohol, buy maybe sniffing it up close like that can give you a buzz. Next it is possibly not a good idea to sniff pheromones in such extremely concentrated form up close like that when mixed with alcohol which evaporates very quickly. Nobody really knows about that. Tests seem to indicate that a gentle whiff of pheromones at normal/natural levels is actually good for the health, but maybe a strong snort mixed with alcohol is not so great. Very unlikely that it is dangerous, but to be 100% safe, I would keep my nose out of the bottle. Nobody really knows, but other than Primal there is no pheromone product on the market this concentrated, and Primal is mixed in an oil that evaporates very very slowly compared to ethanol. The only possiblity left to consider is \"are there any impurities in the product that might cause undesireable results?\" Whenever pheromones are manufactured, regardless of the product they end up in, it is necessary to introduce chemicals known as reagents which act as catalysts to the production of pheromones. These chemicals are later removed as far as possible (economically feasible), but it is impossible to get them out entirely. These tiny amounts are generally considered safe for use in cologne products, but once again, I am not sure I would personally want to be inhaling them in alcohol straight from the bottle.
To sum up, my honest opinion is that using Edge or PA is safe, and that the \"buzz\" often refered to in regards to these products is a safe and natural cognitive-boost effect of pheromone use, BUT.... to be 100% safe I would avoid sniffing the products: A. straight from the bottle and B. several minutes after they have been applied.
All the Best,
Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**
Bruce maybe we should coin another phrase for the \"buzz\"? like Andro-Ego? or sumthing. I guess when some say Buzz others related that to intoxicated, as in alcohol or other substances.

**DONOTDELETE**
I agree with you Bruce that it is not a good idea to smell the alcohol base phero products straight from the bottle on a consistent basis.

But I find it difficult to not smell a product like Attraction since its typical application location is so close (about a foot) to my nose.

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 07:02 PM
I use a fair bit sometimes and havent noticed to much too bad, its winter so ive got the flu so cant smell much at the moment

**DONOTDELETE**
I just ordered Edge to mix with APC so maybe I\'ll finally experience this \"buzz\" and hopefully some lady\'s will too.

**DONOTDELETE**
Guess I am one of those few who never experienced phero induced \"buzz\". Too bad, weed gets so expensive during winter...

V.

**DONOTDELETE**
The only times I have ever gotten an uncontrollable buzz is when deliberately sniffing the products when in a small pool in my palm. There is a slight calming effect after application, but I wouldn\'t call it a buzz.

This buzz lasts only about 5 minutes. If you\'re really concerned - don\'t apply when you\'re behind the wheel - so it at home and wait a few minutes before leaving in your car.

-----
Chemist