PDA

View Full Version : Oil of Olay

Snoopy
08-05-2004, 08:30 PM
I'm asking this because

the women on this forum probably know more about it than the men do:

Does anyone know if Oil of Olay hydrating

lotion for your face clogs pores? It's a pink bottle with a black cap.

Thanks.

bindy
08-10-2004, 05:21 AM
Hi Snoopy. I just heard about

Proactiv, and apparently they guarantee it to clear up acne, and they'll send you free samples. I think they're

online. As far as Olay, I haven't used that particular stuff, but when I tried Olay years ago, it seemed pretty

light. If it says "noncomedogenic" (spell?) on the tube, it shouldn't clog the pores. I like the Neutrogena

Visibly Firm lotion when I want something light.
Bindy

Snoopy
08-10-2004, 06:52 AM
Bindy, I've been using ProActiv

for two weeks now, and the results are ... wierd.

Some areas of my face are way better than before, but in

almost all the other areas I've broken out terribly. I have marks EVERYWHERE now. Before, my face was 90% clear.

Now it's more like 60-70% clear. I trust that, after another week or two, no more live bumps will come up. It seems

that the ProActiv is bringing up all the potential clogged pores and dealing with all of it now, rather than later.

I have less blackheads too. I'll just have to keep using it until it all goes away...

I asked about Oil of Olay

because my face gets dried out very badly from the 2.5% Benzoil Peroxide. It was flaking off terribly the other day,

I tried using Oil of Olay and I think it made my acne worse. I've stuck to the Vichy Acne Hydrating lotion. It

seems to be the only thing my face can handle.

randa
08-10-2004, 04:40 PM
maybe you could

try an aspirin mask.

I read about it, I think at Makeup Alley, and tried it. Not sure if it's just my

imagination or not, but I tried it on my arms. I get little nicks etc. from playing with the cats (and now a dog),

they seemed to heal quicker than usual.

You take uncoated aspirin and crush up may be 15-20 of them, dissolve

them in just enough water to make a paste and then rub it all over your face like a mask. Let sit about 10 mins or

till dry, and rinse off.

It's cheaper than some of the expensive treatments and it just might be of some

help. It's worth a try for the price.

Randa

Snoopy
08-10-2004, 05:38 PM
I use aspirin masks about twice a

week...