PDA

View Full Version : Pheros (Dr. Smell This)

Fuse
08-05-2004, 06:11 AM
What's up, Doc?!

I know you've been asked this question a million times, but I just wanted to know if you could give us an ETA on

Pheros. I didn't have a chance to purchase it the first time around, and I'd really like to buy a bottle. Are you

getting close to releasing the next batch? Thanks!

DrSmellThis
08-05-2004, 11:01 AM
My goal is to make it so Bruce

could offer it for sale by the end of next week.

DCW
08-05-2004, 11:19 AM
The last batch if I can remember was

all natural, and If so will you be following the same convention?

DCW

DrSmellThis
08-05-2004, 05:06 PM
indeed!

DCW
08-05-2004, 05:56 PM
Well if the ingredients are all

natural wouldn't this lessen the possiblity of an OD?

DCW

DrSmellThis
08-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Well, there's also a bit of

L-S mone in there, and just because something is natural doesn't mean it's not stong. An example here is civet.

I'm not convinced you can't OD on it.

burgerama1960
08-05-2004, 07:29 PM
I still have a bottle of

the first batch but, will order another from the new batch for comparison sake.

hotrocks5
08-07-2004, 01:55 AM
Will this new batch be any

different compared to the original 100 in terms of the smell?

DrSmellThis
08-07-2004, 02:40 AM
I literally don't have any of

the first batch for comparison. I sent it all to you guys and gals. But from memory I'd characterize the new

generation as a little bit muskier, woodier (I'm smelling the oud more now), possibly deeper and richer, possibly

mellower (though the concentration is stronger), a bit more unified; a bit more masculine (but still very wearable

by women who are compatible with it). It's still recognizably Pheros, but as a natural formula it changed a

little and matured with time. As a result of this process I found it necessary to add several things, only one of

which was a new ingredient.

metroman
08-08-2004, 08:48 AM
Is this also going to be a small

quantity batch? Will we be able to order it from the main website pheromone store or will there be a link in the

forum?

DrSmellThis
08-08-2004, 11:20 AM
This is a bigger batch of 500

bottles, sent out in 144 bottle shipments once every four days or so. The idea is to get 'em to you as I have

'em!

The ordering questions are for the man Bruce.

Holmes
08-08-2004, 01:08 PM
But from memory

I'd characterize the new generation as a little bit muskier, woodier (I'm smelling the oud more

now)

So that "woodshop" note has been magnified? :thumbsup:

What is oud? (I thought it

was a Middle Eastern instrument... :D)

DrSmellThis
08-09-2004, 01:57 AM
So that

"woodshop" note has been magnified? :thumbsup:

What is oud? (I thought it was a Middle Eastern

instrument... :D)
The info is near the end of this thread:

http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showthre

ad.php?p=131546#post131546 (http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?p=131546#post131546)

Holmes
08-09-2004, 07:41 AM
Thanks Doc!

surfs_up
08-09-2004, 07:59 AM
fascinating oil. Originates in southeast asia from cliff dwelling trees. The tree has a mild scent until it is

infected by a fungus then it produces copious resins as a defense mechanism. These resinous secretions are collected

and distilled then sold on the perfumery market. The japanese also have a fetishitic cult of incense worship

sometwhat like their interest in flower arranging or tea ceremony. Lao Oud wood, the kind filled with the resinous

sap I expect, is burned in special trays.

Phenomenal ingredient in massage oil, can cause two interesting

side effects, maybe three. The first thing you may notice is a wave of profuse sweating, followed by a dissociative

buzz and lightheadedness resembling the effect of valerian root oil, and a transient feeling of nausea.

This

would indicate some action of the sympathetic (controls sweating) and parasympathetic (nausea) systems.

In

very MODERATE doses this can be interesting. In high doses it can be unnerving. Lao Oud goes a long way. One drop is

all you need for one large bottle of fragrance.

Holmes
08-09-2004, 08:09 AM
Phenomenal

ingredient in massage oil, can cause two interesting side effects, maybe three. The first thing you may notice is a

wave of profuse sweating, followed by a dissociative buzz and lightheadedness resembling the effect of

valerian root oil, and a transient feeling of nausea.

:eek: Really?

Thanks for the

description!

DrSmellThis
08-10-2004, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the post, surfs_up!

I'd classify the "dosage" of oud here as moderate, of course. High doses would overwhelm the scent of the perfume.

The musky wood has a reputation for enhancing meditation and sexuality; and connecting one to the spirit world.

Indeed, it's a highly revered, luscious oil.

I've never noticed any sweating or nausea from it at all,

personally -- just warm, good feelings. But I'd never slather oud on undiluted, to be sure! You are essentially

correct about the strength. But the powerful scent in high concentrations sort of naturally helps one to stay with a

moderate amount, even not considering the astronomical cost.

Trusting your nose works really well in so many

instances in the worlds of perfuming and aromatherapy.