PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is a frigging DEER-LOOK?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2001, 07:16 AM
When I read through the forum, the DEER-LOOK seems to be used very often. I’m from Europe so I’m not quite into your nations slang images/icons/laugh.gif So can anybody tell me what it means, when it is used and by whom it is used. It sounds funny anyway.

Thanks!

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2001, 07:22 AM
Well, its the effect when an animal... like a deer or a kangero is \"cough\" in the spotlight of the car... They stoop and just stairs into the light... thereof the name... and just like with pheros doesn’t always happed images/icons/wink.gif

[ October 22, 2001: Message edited by: PheroMiX ]

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2001, 11:51 AM
To further elaborate, the deer, or like PheroMix said, Kangaroo in Australia, have a propensity for staring at oncoming cars\' headlights at night. Around the US, deer literally stop what they\'re doing and stare back at you. Half the time, they\'re in the road, and it\'s sometimes a challenge to get them out of the way (gotta honk, rev the engine or something) because they\'re so locked onto the lights.

Anyway, likewise, when you have a woman with the \"Deer in the Headlights Look\" DIHL for short, you\'ll find that her eyes are probably dilated, they look shiny, and in conversation, she is literally hanging on your every word, and her focus is directly on you. As long as she\'s feeling content here, this concentration on you remains strong. Though, unlike the deer, you gotta make sure she keeps the attention on you, for it\'s much easier to distract them than it is the deer images/icons/smile.gif

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2001, 11:51 AM
I knew it had something to do with a gazing look!

Thanks pal!

**DONOTDELETE**
10-22-2001, 12:44 PM
Or my idea SM (stunned mullet)

rjm
10-23-2001, 02:58 AM
Don\'t honk the horn at the deer in the road! I\'ve been told by a number of truckers that they think it\'s a challenge and will actually CHARGE you!

The antlers are supposed to be mounted to the hood; not stuck in the radiator. images/icons/smile.gif

Later!

**DONOTDELETE**
10-23-2001, 06:18 AM
Yeah I like the Stunned Mullet of Paul as well… Wonder what happens if you honk your horn to a mullet on the road images/icons/smile.gif

rjm
10-23-2001, 09:28 PM
She gets in your car and asks for a joint! images/icons/wink.gif

Later!