PDA

View Full Version : Altovis

Holmes
08-01-2004, 08:33 AM
I just saw a commercial for this

stuff. Never heard of it before, but it sounds really interesting.

Anyone know anything about it (i.e. how

it works, etc.)?

DrSmellThis
08-01-2004, 09:47 AM
http://www.altovis.com/

Sesshoumaru
08-02-2004, 08:01 AM
I just saw a

commercial for this stuff. Never heard of it before, but it sounds really interesting.

Anyone know anything

about it (i.e. how it works, etc.)?
That stuff is made by the same company that markets Enzyte (

http://www.enzyte.com )

BEWARE, all their products are usually scams.

Some herbs in their formulations might be effective for whatever ailment they claim, but the potency is nowhere

close to the effective dosages that are needed.

Ginseng is you best bet for general fatigue. There's always

Yohimbe, but I wouldn't recommend going over 5mg of Yohimbe HCL (active ingredient) a day. It baffles me that some

supplement companies make Yohimbe products with 50mg+ of the active ingredient. Supplements like that will make you

puke all day or probably kill you. That's why some people think it's a dangerous herb, the only thing that's

dangerous is stupidity.

surfs_up
08-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Ginseng can be estogen mimetic. not recommended for long term use...

Vinpocetine is an

alkaloid that dilates the blood vessles in the brain. Gives me wicked headaches.

Caffeine... if anyone needs

this ingredient explained, maybe you do require a supplement

Whoever these Ezyte people are they sure can

market a product. There's nothing new about the ingredients. I think they spend their budget making up

"pharmaceutical" sounding names.

The best energy comes from a high quality diet ( most people eat crap or

semi-crap diets, full of hidden trans-fats, peroxidised oils, industrial seepage, macerated porcine cartilage,

brightly colored toe jam, glazed cockroach feelers, and related "food product" echhhhhh) made from balanced, fresh,

simple ingredients, with minimal fried foods...

adequate sleep... america has a health epidemic of sleep

deprivation... do less superfluous stuff, sleep more, live longer...

spend your discretionany money on a

good air filter for your bedroom, an honest to goodness serious ass air filter, such as the Austin Air healthmate

with the +Plus filter... this will allow you to sleep more deeply as your airways will relax and you will absorb

more oxygen when you breathe... many people do not get REST when they sleep because of breathing problems, then they

feel tired all the time. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT wast your money on any "electrostatic", (marketed as not requiring a

filter) air filters. They produce OZONE which harms your lungs. IF YOU SMELL OZOZE, your filter is a piece of crap

and will harm your health. Thre should be NO OZONE, none... if it smells weird, sharp, like electrical discharge...

that's OZONE..... throw it into the garbage NOW. Do not discuss,do not rationalize, do not contemplate deeper

meanings. THROW IT OUT or give it to someone you hate.

Get moderate cardio exercise. Most people can live

with a moderate program. Try to look like Arnold in his prime and you will burn out. If you're in the bodybuilding

game, then do what you must. If you're trying to be normal and healthy, a consistent program trumps weekend warrior

antics

REMEMBER: no expensive, seductively marketed suplement can replace (or modify the consequnces of)

DIET, SLEEP, AIR QUALITY, and EXERCISE, and of course, passionate mind blowing SEX...

for the MIND BLOWING

SEX you will need to order my magic amulet, with self hypnosis CD, handy spells for all ocassions,
High John the

Conqueror spray, Unfailing Mojo Bone with long life lithium battery, and intriguing removable penis tatoo

kit...

please have your credit card handy when the operator answers

Sesshoumaru
08-03-2004, 04:14 AM
How about those ionic

filters mumbo jumbo? They any good? My airconditioner filters the air in my room, and when the filter gets all dirty

I just wash it off in water :D .

surfs_up
08-03-2004, 06:41 AM
the critical issue is how fine are the particles that the filter arrests ? The World Health

Organization has stated that small particles in the millionths of inch and less size, pose health risks and cause

chronic inflammation problems. Better air filters remove small particles that affect your long term health. Equally

important is the removal of chemical vapors that emit from building materials, carpets, furniture, paint,

insecticides, cleaners, molds, decomposing things, etc.

You can buy special replacement filter material for

your air conditioners, 3M makes a great particle filter sold as Filtrete that comes in three grades. Remember that

the more effective the filter, the lower the air flow. You don't always want an overly efficient air filter on a

cooling unit because the reduced air flow may encourage mold growth.

I own several different units. My

favorite for dust removal is the Blue Air #402 with the more expensive Smokestop filter. I prefer it to the larger

#502, better engineered in my opinion.

For good dust removal and excellent chemical removal I tried the

Austin Air Healthmate with the standard charcoal filter and the Plus filter. I found the Plus to be more agressive

when it came to odors and chemicals.

There is an even more sophisticated, expensive Swiss unit sold as the IQ

Air that I haven't tried.

My girlfriend at the time had two Sharper Image ionic breeze units that filled

her place with a very disagreeable stench of ozone. They didn't work well either. I got her the Blue Air 402 and we

could not believe the build up when we change the filter. No idea that air got that dirty !

Sesshoumaru
08-03-2004, 10:03 AM
You have a higher chance:

winning the lotto :rofl: , getting hit by a car on your way to claim the prize :frustrate , getting struck by

lightning :smite: in the ambulance your ridding, then shortly thereafter a meteor hits the roof of your hospital

room :hammer: , which then falls on your legs and cuts them off completely, then dieing of spontaneous human

combustion shortly thereafter :angel: . Than getting killed by tiny particles.

Just kidding (partially), air

filters are good for allergies though. I guess those Ionic thingy's are out of the picture :wave:

You should

read this

http

://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0465014909/qid=1091552933/sr=ka-1/ref=pd_ka_1/104-2439398-3055929 (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0465014909/qid=1091552933/sr=ka-1/ref=pd_ka_1/104-2439398-3055929) , or

something like it.

surfs_up
08-03-2004, 11:09 AM
The link between sudden death and tiny particles is tenuous at best. However, in other ages

there were tiny particles that informed persons dismissed as a ridiculous figment... today we call them bacteria and

viruses...

Smallness isn't equivalent to lack of effect. Sub micron dusts can pass directly into the

bloodstream through the lungs and provoke immune responses. Bad air and bad water are two of the plagues of the

third world today.

What medicine now sees are hard to categorize autoimmune disorders. Many people are

neither sick nor robustly healthy.
We're exposed to chemicals that we have no evolutionary experience dealing

with. They change our endocrine balances.
When you buy meat wrapped in plastic there is a good chance the

plasticizer, a softening agent combined with the resin, will have spread into your meat.

Don't assume

because you cannot taste or see a chemical that it isn't working on your body. Lead paint is great stuff. if

you've painted with lead paint you know how nice it is to work with. "Everybody" knew that lead paint was safe.

They thought the same thing about lead content solder in water lines. Only recently was lead solder banned. For good

reason too.

Funny how a concern that is derided as alarmist or ridiculous in one decade becomes a serious

concern in another, as if everyone had known about it all along.

burgerama1960
08-05-2004, 07:48 PM
They believe alot of the

sea sickness that occured back in history was due to lead poisoning. All the rations were packed in lead sodered

cans. They even went as far as to blame the mutany on the bounty on the delirium caused by lead poisoning.

belgareth
08-05-2004, 07:52 PM
A group of scientists tested

bones from ancient Rome and found that the aristocracy had very high lead levels but not the peasants. The reason

was that they stored wines in lead vats. The rich folk drank a lot of wine. Some believe it was one of the primary

causes of the fall of the roman empire.

Mtnjim
08-06-2004, 09:29 AM
A group of

scientists tested bones from ancient Rome and found that the aristocracy had very high lead levels but not the

peasants. The reason was that they stored wines in lead vats. The rich folk drank a lot of wine. Some believe it

was one of the primary causes of the fall of the roman empire.

That and the lead pipes used to

bring running water to the houses of the rich! (They were more modern than we think--even had central forced air

heat!)

surfs_up
08-09-2004, 08:23 AM
another irony for the inbox. When I was a kid the better off people ate

steak all the time because protein was high class. The blue collar folks ate more grain and pasta food. Now the

platinum card holders want whole wheat pasta and steamed zucchini like the sicilian stonecutters 100 years ago.

Then some schmuck dreams up that carbs are bad. No, carbs aren't bad. Too many simple carbs are bad. Native

americans had high carb diets unless you lived on the great plains. They ate complex carbs like squash, beans, corn,

other plant foods.

Early explorers noticed that the native population would quickly sicken and die when

exposed to european flours, beers, and sweets.

Even now with much genetic mixing there are unusual levels of

diabetes in the native american population. These problems have been closely correlated with tribal prosperity.

There is a well documanted case of a tribe that has a north american and mexican branch. The north american

branch is rich and the members can have access to all the "modern" processed foods they want. The mexican branch

still lives in near traditional conditions and dietary options.

The mexican branch is lean, muscular, and

able to perform hard physical work in unbelievable heat. The american branch is mostly obese, morbidy obese that is,

and has the highest incidence of diabetes of any community in the united states. They have a public dialysis clinic

for their tribe where they go to plug in and have their blood filtered.

The only difference researchers have

found between these two groups (who are genetically near identical) is their diet.

The northern group has a

diet high in overprocessed, simple carbohydrates and "industrial" fats, the mexican group has a diet high in

complex, unprocessed carbohydrates and unprocessed (except for cooking) animal fats.

There's an important

lesson in here.